Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
49er

Transfer kitty for the summer

So, how much do you think there will be in the transfer kitty for Shakey (assuming he is appointed on a permanent basis) to spend in the summer.

Before attempting to calculate the approximate amount, we need to make some assumptions:

- Even if we had been a mid table side with no venture in the Champions League, I think that we would have had a net transfer spend of around £25m.

- Not sure how much the Champions League was worth to us, but I've seen a figure of around £60m banded about.

- Let's assume that the following players will leave: Mahrez (£40m), Ulloa (£12m), Schmeichel (£20m), Musa (£12m), Slimani (£25m), Mendy (£10m) = £119m

- Adding all of the above: £25m+£60m+£119 = £ 204m!

Somehow, I doubt that we will have as much as that to spend, but if, say, we had £100m, which players should we go after, taking the above predicted transfers out?

11 minutes ago, 49er said:

So, how much do you think there will be in the transfer kitty for Shakey (assuming he is appointed on a permanent basis) to spend in the summer.

Before attempting to calculate the approximate amount, we need to make some assumptions:

- Even if we had been a mid table side with no venture in the Champions League, I think that we would have had a net transfer spend of around £25m.

- Not sure how much the Champions League was worth to us, but I've seen a figure of around £60m banded about.

- Let's assume that the following players will leave: Mahrez (£40m), Ulloa (£12m), Schmeichel (£20m), Musa (£12m), Slimani (£25m), Mendy (£10m) = £119m

- Adding all of the above: £25m+£60m+£119 = £ 204m!

Somehow, I doubt that we will have as much as that to spend, but if, say, we had £100m, which players should we go after, taking the above predicted transfers out?

£20m for Schmeichel????

Unlimited transfer kitty imo.

Can see the owners wanting to really push the boat out once more to get a high a finish as possible.

The club must get its recruitment spot on this time, more than anything else.

2 minutes ago, 49er said:

My list would include:

Begovic - £10m

Arnautovic - £18m

Brunt - £15m

Sigurdsson - £25m

Dzeko - £14m

Maguire - £10m

Fer - £10m

What awful suggestions!! £25m for a 16 year old with one full season as a pro?! Is that you Rudkin?! 

2 minutes ago, 49er said:

My list would include:

Begovic - £10m

Arnautovic - £18m

Brunt - £15m

Sigurdsson - £25m

Dzeko - £14m

Maguire - £10m

Fer - £10m

Some of the players you have listed is laughable. CHRIS BRUNT for £15m! 

Only 2 players would improve us. 

2 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Some of the players you have listed is laughable. CHRIS BRUNT for £15m! 

Only 2 players would improve us. 

Schlupp went for £12m. Brunt's a far better player

There are far too many "unknowns" to know how much we'll have to spend. All the theoretical assumptions you've made are just that. And so are any potential signings with some perhaps depending on outgoings.which may or may not occur.

What I do believe is that our owners will do what's necessary to maintain our momentum. I just hope they understand that more money doesn't necessarily mean better value, any more than "big name" managers necessarily mean greater success.

Sometimes the more money there is available the easier it's wasted and we can do without that this next season.

At other times it's important to recognise an important cog for your particular wheel and to make sure you acquire that cog even if you might pay a bit more than you wished.  

I actually wonder if this might be the most important pre-season in our history - a season that finally sees us recognised as one of the country's top clubs and a genuine contender for regular appearances in European football. I also wonder if we might finally win the FA Cup.

Over-ambitious or over-excited? It's the only way to be at my age! :D.       

Just now, 49er said:

Schlupp went for £12m. Brunt's a far better player

He's 32 and he isn't. Why do we need a lb!? We have Chilwell and Fuchs. I agree with your suggestions of Sigurdson and Maguire though. I would rather try and get a younger keeper however we're Schmeichel to leave. Either Pickford or Butland if possible. 

9 minutes ago, 49er said:

My list would include:

Brunt - £15m

Probably the daftest transfer suggestion I've ever seen on foxestalk.

We don't  and we never will know even when we think we know it's just guess work but have fun guessing 

Shakey's said we'd only need 2 or 3 in addition. Assuming no one leaves and assuming we'll buy British - links with Sigurdsson and Gibson - I'd guess we'll be spending about 60 million, average of 20 million each. We've got plenty of squad players but we actually need players who will improve on what we currently have, we don't need to change, just keep doing what we're doing but get players in who make us more effective. Assuming players won't leave of course. I think a Okazaki upgrade, another top quality centre midfielder and a good centre half is all we'll need. Simpson's still going to be good enough at RB and Albrighton can cover RWB if we go with 3 at the back. I don't think we need a senior right back coming in as I said Simpson is good enough, maybe a youngster like this lad from Luton who should be fairly cheap.

32 minutes ago, Thracian said:

There are far too many "unknowns" to know how much we'll have to spend. All the theoretical assumptions you've made are just that. And so are any potential signings with some perhaps depending on outgoings.which may or may not occur.

What I do believe is that our owners will do what's necessary to maintain our momentum. I just hope they understand that more money doesn't necessarily mean better value, any more than "big name" managers necessarily mean greater success.

Sometimes the more money there is available the easier it's wasted and we can do without that this next season.

At other times it's important to recognise an important cog for your particular wheel and to make sure you acquire that cog even if you might pay a bit more than you wished.  

I actually wonder if this might be the most important pre-season in our history - a season that finally sees us recognised as one of the country's top clubs and a genuine contender for regular appearances in European football. I also wonder if we might finally win the FA Cup.

Over-ambitious or over-excited? It's the only way to be at my age! :D.       

It's just a bit of fun talking about transfers

44 minutes ago, 49er said:

My list would include:

Begovic - £10m

Arnautovic - £18m

Brunt - £15m

Sigurdsson - £25m

Dzeko - £14m

Maguire - £10m

Fer - £10m

I think we should sign the following....

Messi- £4.50 plus a night with Bernie.

Ahmed Musa- £20m

Wes Brown- Blank cheque, whatever they want have it.

Just full on lolled when I realised you suggested more for Brunt than Dzeko.

Archived