Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
49er

Transfer kitty for the summer

6 minutes ago, langtonfox said:

Maybe 25m then

Can't beat optimism, but thinking Dzeko would leave Roma for us, sitting second in Serie A, CL next year and the luxury of playing alongside Salah and Nainggolan, is just madness.

Youth right back (Young lad from Luton) £500,000

New right back (Adam Smith) £10m

New centre back (Gibson) £20m

New centre mid (Silva) £25m

New centre attacking mid (Sigurdsson) £25m

New Striker (Abraham) £15m

I think if we're serious about challenging for Europe every season, these are the additions that will need to be made. Yes it would cost I'll imagine £95m. However with the income we will have from this season (Champions league & Top 10 finish) I don't think it would actually have a huge dent on us financially. 

This is also without us selling key players like Mahrez & Schmeichael. But with some of what seem obvious sales like:

Musa (£10m)

Was (£0)

James (£5m)

Kaputska/Lawrence (£7.5m)

Ulloa (£8m)

After sales & with us keeping holding onto our key players, I can see us spending about 

£65m. Which Is a little more than what we spent last year. But a lot more affective compared to our current signings from this year. Then top 7 should be the aim.

Kyke walker from spuds could be a good pickup but i think spuds have slapped £35 mill price tag on him. Guessing united or liverpool/everton could buy him.

I think a lot depends on who we sell (if any).  We have to hit the ground running if we sell mahrez and kasper. Having said that if we lose them  it could be hard to get bigger names to sign with us.

The figure is pretty much irrelevant, As thankfully we don't have to sell to buy, unlike others. 

I've read that the Owners were willing to spend 180 Mil to get us to the top 6. Well far from having to spend that amount, We must have made that amount from last season and this year's Champions league run. Then you can add possible players leaving another 60 to 100 Mil. So it's easy to see that we have plenty of spending power.

What's of much more importance is the quality we sign. While I'm all for finding more nuggets like Mahrez, Kante etc that usually takes time to bring them on in their development.  

We've been lucky to turn our season around and are now playing pretty much close to our best again. We now need to add the extra quality in the key positions. CM and CB. To do that I feel we may need to go back overseas as it seems there's too many complications with signing uk players, 

After last years mistakes in the Summer we need to get it right this time and we need to get it done early.

lets say kasper,mahrez,wes and slimani leave . i wouldnt mind seeing the following for a starting line up next year 

begovic for kasper 

also i really think jose will let smalling leave utd this summer and wouldnt mind trying to get him , also although he played in a dire attacking team chambers did well as cb for borough this season 

silva in midfield and tryt o get chamberlain for the gunners 

i would love gylfi to play just behind vardy ! but i think he will go to everton. if he goes ? i still think rondon would be a good choice with vards 

think we should give gray his chance to replace mahrez 

the slim chance buy -- would like to see us try to tempt zaha into coming to replace mahrez 

9 hours ago, 49er said:

My list would include:

Begovic - £10m

Arnautovic - £18m

Brunt - £15m

Sigurdsson - £25m

Dzeko - £14m

Maguire - £10m

Fer - £10m

The worst thing I've ever seen.

Do you watch football?

8 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Kyke walker from spuds could be a good pickup but i think spuds have slapped £35 mill price tag on him. Guessing united or liverpool/everton could buy him.

I think a lot depends on who we sell (if any).  We have to hit the ground running if we sell mahrez and kasper. Having said that if we lose them  it could be hard to get bigger names to sign with us.

Rule 1 in football commerce - avoid doing business with the likes of Levy - we are guaranteed to get dicked 

I'll try to answer what the OP has asked.

I think whoever the manager is will get 60m to spend. Then the anomolies it depends who leaves. Obviously if Kasper and Mahrez go that money will get used to replace them.

See no who or what position just a figure

60m

9 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

He will be at one of the top clubs in the world, wouldnt surprise me if Man City, Barca, United go in for him. He is one of the best full backs in the world unfortunately out of our ball park.

23 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Had a quick look at the highlights... and feel a bit for Hart because Torino's defence was non existent.

People will probably point to the one he lets in at his near post as one he should have saved, but I think that 'error' partly comes from the influence of the awful defending previously in the match as that can easily lead to compromising your positioning and balance points. It is a lot easier to make saves when the defending in front of you makes the path of the incoming shot more predictable.

11 hours ago, 49er said:

My list would include:

Begovic - £10m

Arnautovic - £18m

Brunt - £15m

Sigurdsson - £25m

Dzeko - £14m

Maguire - £10m

Fer - £10m

That's awful, Over £100m spent to mainly strengthen up the squad which tbf is what we did last year spending the best part of £100m and only Ndidi improving the team.

I'd certainly take Sigurdsson and Maguire at the prices but I hate seeing us spending big money on players who won't make the first team like the best part of £60m on Slimani, Mendy and Musa.

What on earth are you thinking of with Brunt for £15m. He's 33 this year and who does he replace? £15m with absolutely zero resale value. A 50k a week three year contract costs us £22.5m for a player who will be nearly 36 at the end of his contract to be a squad filler.

Before departures I'd imagine there will £50m given the CL money and £100m+ from this year's TV deal.

Obviously if a big hitter like Mahrez goes and possibly Schmeichel, you're looking at an extra £60-80 million from those two alone. We'll be lucky to fetch £5m for Ulloa. Apart from the fact he's pony, he's 30, not on high wages with years to run and has scored 7 goals in two seasons. Who would pay big bucks for him?

After last summer though I'm not sure I can see the club spending north of £100m. Though I suppose all it takes is Adrien and Sigurdsson for over £30m each and an expensive defender and you're close.

Either way, bit different to the Craig Levein and Rob Kelly days :punk:.

2 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Had a quick look at the highlights... and feel a bit for Hart because Torino's defence was non existent.

People will probably point to the one he lets in at his near post as one he should have saved, but I think that 'error' partly comes from the influence of the awful defending previously in the match as that can easily lead to compromising your positioning and balance points. It is a lot easier to make saves when the defending in front of you makes the path of the incoming shot more predictable.

Not having that Joe !

Archived