Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 18

Saw a Modric TOTY while I was up late last night(and you lads across the pond were all tucked in) with a starting bid of 71K so I was keeping my eye on it. As it got down to 15 to go I thought about selling off a card quick and getting in on this, but figured there'd be some late high bids and I only had just over 100K in the bank. Lots of last second bids, but final price was like 370K. I've never seen one listed with a buy it now of under 620K and usually they sell for 650K+.

That'll teach ya for starting your auctions off too low at a bad time of the day/night ;) 

I bought 5 of those 12 player Bundesliga packs yesterday. Went by what NepentheZ was saying about there not being as many shiny golds in the league so chance for a blue is much higher. Got 2 blues! Kimmich and Keita and also two TOTWs(quick sell no nobodys but still!).

Sold the lot for around 500K :D

Edited by spacemunky

22 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

The better the team i have the harder the game feels

Had a mega defense for about 8 games couldnt win then sold them and run 6 on the trot, gave up in the end

must have played 96 fat Ronaldo 10 times in 30 games

2B017632-2899-49AC-AF4C-2D804EFF7E76.jpeg

Snap I easily played Prime Ronaldo 10+ times as well... he’s the most broken card I’ve ever faced even dog muck shots seem to bambozle the keeper into falling over, im bored of it now and it kind of seems pointless chasing the monthly rewards as everyone will be on the WC mode the end of the month... plus my PS4 is on the fritz and keeps randomly ejecting the disc whilst I’m mid game so I’ve got no hope lol rip my PS4 and rip fifa lol 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, duk3nuk3m said:

Are you playing 433(2), with Kante at CDM and KDB and Eriksen as the CMs? If so, I would tell Kante to stay back while attacking and the 2 CMs on balanced. That gives better defensive cover.

When it comes to wanting your CMs to make runs forward, practice using the L1 + X (on PS4) / LB + A (on Xbox) pass to set up a one-two. Using this, your player makes a pass to a teammate then automatically makes a forward run into space.

Or instead of doing a 1 2 you can just tap L1 a few times whilst your on the ball/receiving it to make the players around you make a run towards the goal and I think if you tap R1 they make runs towards you

Edited by dbtcity

42 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Snap I easily played Prime Ronaldo 10+ times as well... he’s the most broken card I’ve ever faced even dog muck shots seem to bambozle the keeper into falling over, im bored of it now and it kind of seems pointless chasing the monthly rewards as everyone will be on the WC mode the end of the month... plus my PS4 is on the fritz and keeps randomly ejecting the disc whilst I’m mid game so I’ve got no hope lol rip my PS4 and rip fifa lol 

Basically the games is so broke

The whole point is you strive for a better team to get better results, but in reality you come up against bailey, Jesus and bakayoko in mega teams at the end of the game.

Kinda makes the whole thing pointless

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Basically the games is so broke

The whole point is you strive for a better team to get better results, but in reality you come up against bailey, Jesus and bakayoko in mega teams at the end of the game.

Kinda makes the whole thing pointless

I’m doing no better now than when I had my meta starter team... I might actually rock said meta team next weekend to see how I do... I honestly don’t think I’ll see much of a difference 

27 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Round 2 of the Bundesliga tots sbc... safe to say I peaked out with the prem... Wendell, on the plus side the guy looks decent and it also means I can slot Sane in

Wendell was quite good

i got that Italian right back first go ill try now

Decided to rinse a load of silvers through the silver upgrade SBC to build up my non rare gold players and put those players into the Bundesliga 7.5k packs.

I've only gone and packed Uth and Goretzka! Also got Gregoritsch and Keita from the guaranteed TOTS packs.

• Like 1

My team is mental right now.

In game its like this;

De Gea

Young TOTS  - Prime Rio - Vertonghen TOTS - Alaba FUT B'day

Matic TOTS

Muller IF - Kimmich TOTS

Prime Del Piero

Son Heung-Min TOTS - Sane TOTS

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dbtcity said:

I’m yet to pack a blue in anything other than a tots sbc... must have done about 50 of those league sbcs

I've had good pack luck this time around. Couldn't get a thing in '17. That being said, I've spent waaaaay too much on packs lol

I did this week’s MMs for free and basically got nothing for it in packs (yeah, I know the theory to wait til TOTW is realised and open them then, but I’m at work... and impatient!). Think best I got was some rare Gold Russian dude I’ve had a about 10 times. Blimmin’ Smolnikov! 

Currently doing Nesta SBC and debating whether to best spend my ~350 - 400k in the bank on TOTS David Silva, Dele or go for some older, cheaper but still boss cards like the TOTGS Kimmich, TOTS Caligiuri, and a back Prem RB to rotate with Valencia (my Zanetti loan runs out in 9 games) 

Edited by HoustonFox

Just played 4 games of the online season to try and score the liga nos goals to bag the Marega tots card... each time I let the opponent win as I didn’t want to get back to div 1 until I’d unlocked him.... turns out you need to score with a liga Nos player and WIN lol fml 

31 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Just played 4 games of the online season to try and score the liga nos goals to bag the Marega tots card... each time I let the opponent win as I didn’t want to get back to div 1 until I’d unlocked him.... turns out you need to score with a liga Nos player and WIN lol fml 

Dude!! ?

CC73BF67-950C-46CE-B0BD-267BEF839EBB.jpeg