Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
silebyboy

PS Plus Games

Anybody with a PS+ subscription should give Life is Strange a go which is available to download this month. I played it not too long ago and thought it was very good indeed. 

Easy platinum trophy too for for anybody who is into that sort of thing. 

Life is strange was a brilliant game. The character immersion & story telling of it was fantastic. 

Killing Floor 2 is also a great game to play with mates. There's no real story involved or ending, but it's a fun survival game.

Edited by glenny_fox

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/06/2017 at 20:19, lgfualol said:

Yea I hate telltale games. Until Dawn will be great fun though.

I was on about that game specifically the original walking dead season and tales from the borderlands are both outstanding games. The wolf among us not to far behind. 

But the rest despite having their moments are massive wastes of good licenses. They'd do themselves a favour if they tired to make them more like actual games as was the case with the first walking dead season instead of the interactive story line they seem to have gone down.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Just Cause 3 and Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry for August. We're getting some decent games and from what I hear, there's more on the way.

We better be considering they've just put the price of a years subscription up by a tenner (25%) with no explanation as to why

Edited by MrSpaM

18 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

We better be considering they've just put the price of a years subscription up by a tenner (25%) with no explanation as to why

I guess they don't need one. Greedy bastards know people will continue paying for online. 

I did hear a rumour PS Now might become available to everyone, but I kinda doubt that if people are still happy to pay extra for it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Until Dawn was excellent, as was Life is Strange.  Game of Thrones was average at best but I like my GoT so stuck with it.  

That leaves Just Cause 3 though.  It's terrible.  I've deleted it already.  The initial island set up while the rest of the game was installing didn't fill me with much confidence.  Dropping over 100ft off a cliff and not dying was just plain daft.  After the install which took a while (42gb roughly), the introduction on the plane was almost unplayable.  The framerate was awful.  After that I used a grapling gun to fly around unrealistically, drove a car which handled badly, fired a tank and then flew a helicopter, woohoo, before bringing another helicopter down with a single rpg.  Unrealistic and pointless.

But then I get a black loading screen for at least 10 minutes and then there was nothing.  It loaded and it loaded and it loaded some more.  It loaded for as long as anything I can remember.  It makes Thief's loading times look nonexistent in comparison.

I thought bugger this and restarted the game.  Only it brings me right back to the start of the game on top of the plane.

Closed it down.  Deleted it.  

Don't waste your time with it.  

• 2 weeks later...

I was tempted to renew PS Plus while the  £40 for 15 months offer is still on (and before the price increase in a few days) but resisted the temptation as until RDR2 is released I won't be playing any online games and I find very few of the monthly freebies enticing. 

On 28/08/2017 at 22:29, buzzer_b said:

Played Killing Floor 2 tonight for the first time since I downloaded it for free. It's quite fun actually. Was expecting it to be shit but it's alright. 

Played that with my pals for a couple weeks. It's great fun but needs more boss variety.