Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Dara's Go 8 Bit

Just wondered if anyone else watches this? I love it, great nostalgia trip; you get to see games you forget existed and usually good guests. Best gaming TV show since Bits, though you'd need to go some to beat that show.

Most of the Dave Originals are good TV, Alan Davies As Yet Unititled & Modern Life Is Goodish as decent, Go 8 Bit is great but it's all about Taskmaster for me - Nish Kumar, Sally Phillips, Bob Mortimer, Aisling Bea and Mark Watson announced today for series 5.  Some funny outtakes and a Edinburgh TV Festival Taskmaster special all to be found on YouTube 

Taskmaster is fantastic, nothing else as spontaneous on TV and the laughs per minute is ridiculous. Can't be long before one of the bigger channels buy it off them

Only watched Go 8-bit once or twice and wasn't really that bothered by it. Gamesmaster was the bollocks back in the day, Diamond defo the best host. Two things stick out in my mind:

- When Patrick Moore gave out a fake cheat code for a game (can't remember what it was) and instead of giving the player infinite health, it goes to Game Over and the game must be restarted. There was a hilarious backlash

- During one of the 2-player competitions (James Pond?) one of the kids used a cheat to win a race. He was disqualified and ridiculed and the other kid was awarded the prize. The cheater was on the verge of tears

Saw one episode. Not against it but was disappointed by how crap everybody was at the games. Get some decent gamers on as team captains!

On 19/06/2017 at 22:57, toddybad said:

Saw one episode. Not against it but was disappointed by how crap everybody was at the games. Get some decent gamers on as team captains!

Captains remain the same every week. Steve McNeil seems to be a decent level, given they get him to play random games ranging from the modern to stuff released back in the 80s and he has to play someone who nominates the game every week he normally seems to give a decent account of himself.

Given he's the co founder of the series and supposidly a keen gamer I can't believe how bad Sam Pamphilon is most of the time and the guests vary but normally pretty crap.

It's ultimatley as much, if not more so, a comedy show as a games show not to be taken too seriously.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived