Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PintsandPyro

Darts

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone watching the matchplay final? - could be an absolute cracker - two highly entertaining players (so glad that that miserable swine Humphries isn't involved)

38 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Anyone watching the matchplay final? - could be an absolute cracker - two highly entertaining players (so glad that that miserable swine Humphries isn't involved)

Rather one sided now?

Aspinall been very good or Clayton off form?

Yeah, that was crazy - i posted at 5-5 and it looked like it was going all the way, with Clayton slightly in the ascendency, and then - bam - Aspinal hits that first 180 and didn't look back.

I wouldn't say Clayton played poor, but he dropped off as Aspinall stepped up, by the end you could see he knew he was beaten. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Made up for The Asp after his injury to his wrist and threat of dartitus

Yeah, clearly still has some issues with the regripping.  But he's been superb.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/07/2023 at 14:53, The Bear said:

I watched some of rhe women's darts yesterday. 

Beau Greaves is only 19 years old.....? 

:nigel:

Incredibly fine player, though the masters final was a bit of an anti-climax.  I just wish her nick name was beau and arrows, not arrow - it makes more sense.  Arrers!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Incredibly fine player, though the masters final was a bit of an anti-climax.  I just wish her nick name was beau and arrows, not arrow - it makes more sense.  Arrers!

Beau and Lisa Ashton are the best players on the womens circuit,but the PDC (through no fault of her own) allways make out Fallon is the poster girl.

3 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Beau and Lisa Ashton are the best players on the womens circuit,but the PDC (through no fault of her own) allways make out Fallon is the poster girl.

Awful to say it, but i can see why - if they're trying to encourage a new generation of female darts players the first two are a bit....   well, you know, there's no way to actually end this sentence.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Grand Prix, been yesterday and tonight......best 32 players in the world,but the council doesn't seem bothered about publicising it.....weird! If you were not a darts fan then you would not know that this was on and it's a great night out.

10 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Grand Prix, been yesterday and tonight......best 32 players in the world,but the council doesn't seem bothered about publicising it.....weird! If you were not a darts fan then you would not know that this was on and it's a great night out.

Agree probably  explains the piss poor crowds so far

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Ill have some of whatever Luke Humphries has been taking this year please.

No other sport where you can seemingly fall off a cliff or just take your game to the next level in the blink of an eye

Not sure he ever fell off a cliff he's been a top player for the last 3 years or so but he's really took it to the next level recently Favourite  for the world's imo

1 minute ago, Graceroad said:

Not sure he ever fell off a cliff he's been a top player for the last 3 years or so but he's really took it to the next level recently Favourite  for the world's imo

yes I didn’t word that well, I didn’t mean Humphries himself had fallen off a cliff form wise, more the likes of Adrian Lewis, Glen Durrant, even the likes of Andy Hamilton who was a premier league regular at one point just seemed to lose it overnight.

27 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

yes I didn’t word that well, I didn’t mean Humphries himself had fallen off a cliff form wise, more the likes of Adrian Lewis, Glen Durrant, even the likes of Andy Hamilton who was a premier league regular at one point just seemed to lose it overnight.

Yep you can add Wes Newton to the list amazing how players just like form and in most cases never get it back

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...