Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PintsandPyro

Darts

Just now, Lionator said:

Blimey, I reckon Luke Humphries must be fancying himself if he can beat Chizzy. Won’t get a better chance. But any of them can win it from here. Littler has a real chance. 

It’s wide open, any of the 5 left could win it. Given up trying to predict the winners now. 

• Like 1

Think the only reason Littler isn’t heavy odds on for this now is the idea he could crack in one of the next 2 matches but not been an inkling of that now. I can’t back him at 13/8 though think the time to do it was after the second round when he was still double figures and had thrown the 2 or 2 of the highest averages in the tournament at that point. Ah well, hopefully Humphries can make it to the final and give me a proper run for my money.

2 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

I'm no fan of Humphries but the crowd booing & whistling whilst he's doing his post game interview is so poor imo. The Ally Pally crowds get worse every year 

Why is he disliked? Seems sound enough 

4 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

I'm no fan of Humphries but the crowd booing & whistling whilst he's doing his post game interview is so poor imo. The Ally Pally crowds get worse every year 

They are absolute knobheads just as bad when the games are taking place, have far too much influence on the outcome if games as well. 

9 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

They’re all absolutely hammered and I imagine a great deal of them are on gear as well, bet there’s fights there most nights. 

There is loads of scrapping going on, I went a few years back couldn’t believe how rough it was. Wouldn’t go again.

3 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

There is loads of scrapping going on, I went a few years back couldn’t believe how rough it was. Wouldn’t go again.

For the Worlds?Yes it's shit went a few times between 2008 and 2013.....full of people who are not bothered about darts,just out for a piss up......the best game i saw live at the Ally Pally was Barney v MVG semi final in 2017.

31 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Time to have the conversation that van Gerwen is either overrated or is a serial bottler.

He’s just not as good as he was a few years back. Has off days now such as last night and doesn’t reach the averages that he used too.

He certainly should of won more world titles than he has so there may be an element of bottling.

17 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

For the Worlds?Yes it's shit went a few times between 2008 and 2013.....full of people who are not bothered about darts,just out for a piss up......the best game i saw live at the Ally Pally was Barney v MVG semi final in 2017.

Yeah the worlds 

2 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Yeah the worlds 

The Worlds is a great tournament.....but i wouldn't go their again.Much prefer the Match Play.....still a few twats,but not so many!Grand Slam is good,pity it's not at the Civic Hall anymore and the Grand Prix has been good being in Leicester the last couple of years.....but i suppose as soon as their are people who can't take their drink,their will be knobs!

1 hour ago, PAULCFC said:

The Worlds is a great tournament.....but i wouldn't go their again.Much prefer the Match Play.....still a few twats,but not so many!Grand Slam is good,pity it's not at the Civic Hall anymore and the Grand Prix has been good being in Leicester the last couple of years.....but i suppose as soon as their are people who can't take their drink,their will be knobs!

Yeah I’ve been the match play a couple of times and the Grand Prix at Leicester, both were good. The ally pally seems to attract all the arseholes.

2 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Yeah I’ve been the match play a couple of times and the Grand Prix at Leicester, both were good. The ally pally seems to attract all the arseholes.

Exactly...all out for their office partys in London......The Premier League is another level of twats!

Edited by PAULCFC
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I don't know why but I can't warm to Littler. Wouldn't be displeased to see him win it but not rooting for him by any stretch 

Darts would lose a lot of what it’s gained if someone came along Taylor style and cleaned everything up for the next 20 years. Not that that’s a given but you can’t see this guy ever losing a game. 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 1