AjcW

Football Manager 2018

47 minutes ago, Lcfclad2013 said:

I had fiorentina last qualifying round with vaduz they were far too good for me.  Just started out with them its very interesting and fun! 

Its very unique. Sadly i've had no interest in playing the game ever since I left to join Monchengladbach lol

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

Its very unique. Sadly i've had no interest in playing the game ever since I left to join Monchengladbach lol

Ahhh I enjoyed reading your updates on vaduz! Shame. 

4 hours ago, Lcfclad2013 said:

Ahhh I enjoyed reading your updates on vaduz! Shame. 

Just didn't think I could take them any further. I always lose interest whenever I join a new team, having to figure out who's good, youth players etc. I'm tempted to start a game in an obscure nation in a lower league and work my way up without getting 'emotionally attatched' to that club, in other words happily use it as a stepping stone.

48 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Just didn't think I could take them any further. I always lose interest whenever I join a new team, having to figure out who's good, youth players etc. I'm tempted to start a game in an obscure nation in a lower league and work my way up without getting 'emotionally attatched' to that club, in other words happily use it as a stepping stone.

I've seen cardif met uni is a decent challenge in welsh league 

56 minutes ago, Lcfclad2013 said:

I've seen cardif met uni is a decent challenge in welsh league 

Too British for me 😂 was thinking Belarus

2 hours ago, Walkers said:

Icelandic league? I'm currently top with vaduz currently in end of september sold a few players who are on a bit but I don't play. Got a few loans in and a few freebies. Its a really enjoyable save

2 minutes ago, Lcfclad2013 said:

Icelandic league? I'm currently top with vaduz currently in end of september sold a few players who are on a bit but I don't play. Got a few loans in and a few freebies. Its a really enjoyable save

I expect the next chapter of Roy Hodgson's life story to start with exactly these words.

9 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I expect the next chapter of Roy Hodgson's life story to start with exactly these words.

Wow didn't realize my grammar was so poor when typing all that haha currently! 

1 hour ago, Lcfclad2013 said:

How many seasons you in? I've done Iceland before and its one of the best league's ive managed in. Just wanna try something different. Did a very short stint with BATE in Belarus years ago

14 hours ago, Walkers said:

How many seasons you in? I've done Iceland before and its one of the best league's ive managed in. Just wanna try something different. Did a very short stint with BATE in Belarus years ago

1st season, my 2 loans have been quality 1 from Dortmund b team winger and Toni Martinez from west ham. I signed a fair few freebies but now I'm selling them on for money half way through season to help build money up

I just picked up 18 for a tenner or so after finally ditching my FM17 save.

Other than the dynamics thing, which looks like something I'm going to need to spend some time getting my head around, is there anything else that's markedly different from FM17? I've heard that minor injuries are a lot more common.

So few games in after the winter break with vaduz, Jacob bruun Larsen got player of the year (strange they do it half way through season) has been terrific for me same with Toni Martinez on loan from west ham. Currently still top but only by 2 points ended up losing 4 games on trot just before winter break. Managed to sign demitri Mitchell from man u on a free when his contract expires. Fingers crossed I can win the league amount of injuries I get every week 1 or 2 players is a joke! 

So first season is over with fc vaduz! After looking optimistic of going up we ended up losing a game (with 3 games to go)  and coming 2nd in end. We've managed to get all the loans back again for another season so fingers crossed we can go up next season! 

Jacob bruun Larsen got challenge player of year,  hes been Abserloutly immense and to have him for another season is going to be quality. Hes worth 1.2m atm with that sure to only go up and up! (Shame he's on loan) 

• Like 1

On 10/07/2018 at 20:30, Walkers said:

I did a save in Belarus on 2014 with Naftan Novopolotsk and I loved it. Got through to the groups of the Champions League and was set financially for years, it was great.

Anyone managed in Greece?

Tempted by Rizespor in Turkey actually. Relegated to Div 2, they're relatively big aren't they?

Edited by Walkers

Created a club for the first time to put into the MLS, replacing Portland. Named it Arizona Phoenix, keeping it realistic and i'm not aware of that area already having a team? Either way the player recruitment was a total ballache. Managed to put one together although about 13 players short of the 36 allowed. Had a transfer budget of 30m and wage of 57k. Notable named include Jahanbakhsh or whatever, Artem Dzyuba, Luis Robles (GK from NY), Zeca (never heard of him but an unattached Brazilian wing back), Liam Ridgewell, Razvan Rat, Jermaine Jones, Michael Parkhurst. Loaded it with Mexico and started it at the start of Mexico's season in July 2017, thinking that changes we make wouldn't apply until the end of the MLS season if thats where we wanted to manage. However i've literally just replaced Portland in the league so i'm currently 2nd halfway through the season. First game won 5-0 at home to Galaxy in a cup quarter final. The Jahan/Dzyuba combo was lethal. Dzyuba pulled his hamstring after his first but kept him on so he could get a hat trick, which he did lol. He's now out for two weeks though

Edited by Walkers