Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
irishfoxkev

Tom Petty

Not one to be affected by the latest celebrity death but would be gutted if this was true. Got into his music in the dark hours when my son was born early and spent his first month in hospital. I barely slept for a month and finding something new to listen to kept me going. Love Learning to Fly.

1 hour ago, RobHawk said:

now confirmed :(

Proper legend! super talented, unassuming and a little different!

1 of the few artists on my still to see live list, looks like he'll stay there.

Ditto!

Though he rarely toured Europe. I would have loved to have seen him at Hyde Park this year. I missed out and now it's too late.

Thanks for the music Tom!  RIP

Major bummer.  All the rock and roll heroes who have left the building, especially the last few years, this is the first time I have shed a tear.  Maybe just built up after that numbing news from Vegas.

I don't think Tom Petty ever puffed himself up as much more than he was, except to take on and beat the crapola music biz.

I never heard "American Girl" on the radio when it first came out -- it tanked -- but I have heard it covered by I don't know how many bands in the 40 years since.  If you define "classic" rock in terms of perfect, simple melodic and emotional appeal, this was your guy.

RIP

Bought his greatest hits in the bargain bin many years ago

One of the best albums I ever purchased 3 or 4 times as I ended up giving them to my kids and friends

RIP Tom........... You did good buddy

The Chorus was made for us 2015/2016    :thumbup:

Archived