Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

King Power To Unite Fans Of Leicester City & OH Leuven

16 minutes ago, shade said:

does anyone know why some beers keep a really good head but most don’t? is it choice of ale or is there more to it? obviously I understand piss like budweiser won’t keep a head. not just headkeeper glasses either is it?

Some of the way the bubbles form is from the glass and how it's made, a few years back we went on a crawl around London in all the places that were filmed for Minder, (old tv show from the '80's for the young ones), one particular bar the Blue Anchor on the river near Hammersmith, (it's featured on the end credits) my mate had a pint of Stella and when he got it, the beer just exploded for ages, the barman said it was the type of glasses Stella issued as it happened every pint.

Something to do with how it's blown, that's where all your bubbles come from in a glass.

25 minutes ago, promised land said:

Some of the way the bubbles form is from the glass and how it's made, a few years back we went on a crawl around London in all the places that were filmed for Minder, (old tv show from the '80's for the young ones), one particular bar the Blue Anchor on the river near Hammersmith, (it's featured on the end credits) my mate had a pint of Stella and when he got it, the beer just exploded for ages, the barman said it was the type of glasses Stella issued as it happened every pint.

Something to do with how it's blown, that's where all your bubbles come from in a glass.

The little dots on the bottom of the glass keeps the bubbles going in lager and the continental (hour glass shaped) glasses are supposed to keep the head the same size as you drink it, real ales keep a good head if the beer is kept at the right temperature.

3 hours ago, shade said:

does anyone know why some beers keep a really good head but most don’t? is it choice of ale or is there more to it? obviously I understand piss like budweiser won’t keep a head. not just headkeeper glasses either is it?

To do with the way its brewed. 

Finally back home and in bed. That was one long coach journey but worth every minute. Great gesture by the club and I thought Leuven was a beautiful place. The Stella’s and La Chouffe were flowing as Sweet Caroline rang out. Great to see Uncle Nige looking happy and relaxed and look forward to welcoming their fans here.

Well done to Jim and the other supporter liaison guys for organising the rabble and getting us back. 

8 hours ago, warnerbro said:

Finally back home and in bed. That was one long coach journey but worth every minute. Great gesture by the club and I thought Leuven was a beautiful place. The Stella’s and La Chouffe were flowing as Sweet Caroline rang out. Great to see Uncle Nige looking happy and relaxed and look forward to welcoming their fans here.

Well done to Jim and the other supporter liaison guys for organising the rabble and getting us back. 

Finally got back into Leicester at half-past midnight. Enjoyed it and the Leuven fans made us feel welcome, speaking to some at the game they want us to go over again but to one of there away games to create an atmosphere  and there was me thinking atmosphere and Leicester fans don't go together.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the trip, thank god I wasn't on coach two which was clearly cursed. Would have been nice to have had a bit more free time before heading to the game, but bonus of being able to take beer into the stand helped! Was a good laugh and it seemed like a good bunch who went.

Shout out to the woman behind the bar at the ground giving us free beer if we'd sing her a song. lol

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Really enjoyed the trip, thank god I wasn't on coach two which was clearly cursed. Would have been nice to have had a bit more free time before heading to the game, but bonus of being able to take beer into the stand helped! Was a good laugh and it seemed like a good bunch who went.

Shout out to the woman behind the bar at the ground giving us free beer if we'd sing her a song. lol

I assume you sat in the same seats on the way home? If so i was directly behind you. You sat next to the Neil Warnock look alike(no offence)?

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I assume you sat in the same seats on the way home? If so i was directly behind you. You sat next to the Neil Warnock look alike(no offence)?

lol Yeah... I thought it was you but didn't want to turn around and ask and get looked at blankly like I was a nutter.

11 hours ago, warnerbro said:

FFS. Glad I didn't go lol

45 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I was on Coach 2 and we were blaming you lot on Coach 1 for buying all the Stella in the shop and delaying our tour lol got home at 1.30am to Brum but with great memories! I emailed the Leicester team this morning to thank them for such a fab trip.... I'd better be on Coach 1 next time :P

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BirminghamFox said:

I was on Coach 2 and we were blaming you lot on Coach 1 for buying all the Stella in the shop and delaying our tour lol got home at 1.30am to Brum but with great memories! I emailed the Leicester team this morning to thank them for such a fab trip.... I'd better be on Coach 1 next time :P

Just glad our driver decided to overtake you otherwise we'd have been on the later ferry! :D

Well, I was flagging all through the day's work after that marathon trip home. Thank god our driver decided to overtake the coach two lot after taking us on a rural detour is all I can say. :ph34r:

You really can't fault it - a free trip to a lovely city with great people, practically taking over a stadium, another country ticked off the list and hangovers all around from some of the best beer on earth! The only thing it was missing was an extra day to really explore, but it's got me itching to go back so if that was the target, mission accomplished from Vichai and Top!

Glad I nipped out for the morning paper, our little piece in the local rag seems to have gone down well! Though I'm disappointed they didn't give "six beers on his tray" a write-up. ;)

I'm keen to go back - are folks serious about heading out again for the playoff if OHL make it? In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the return leg for Watford and watching as Jim leads their fans bemused around the Marketplace and the ringroad with a megaphone before ending up at the F Bar. Culture. :D

Since I didn't think to seek out fellow FT'ers out there, I was the dead ringer for Ringo Starr after a long stint in rehab in the beige cardigan. :nigel:

9 hours ago, Babylon said:

Glad we wandered off from all the club organised stuff... couldn't be doing with cameras shoved in our faces all the time. Getting off the coach into pouring rain after 12 hours and having about 3 tv crews shove a camera in your face wasn't great.

You weren't the only ones who wandered off we caught a taxi to the ground and found what was the best fans bar near the ground well according to the OHL fan can we asked it was

43 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

You weren't the only ones who wandered off we caught a taxi to the ground and found what was the best fans bar near the ground well according to the OHL fan can we asked it was

Yeah we wandered down there and went on the one on the corner just near the ground.