Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

King Power To Unite Fans Of Leicester City & OH Leuven

10 minutes ago, anotherharboroughfox said:

This is all a bit weird though really isn't it?

Why? I find it more weird that people are too sceptical of the owners' marketing activity to see it for what it was- a free trip to watch the football in a very nice European city with great people and amazing beer.

The cameras were mostly focused on a group who were happy to get involved, whilst the rest of us did our own thing- it was a very enjoyable couple of days in a place which I probably would have never thought to visit, whatever the club's intentions were.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Why? I find it more weird that people are too sceptical of the owners' marketing activity to see it for what it was- a free trip to watch the football in a very nice European city with great people and amazing beer.

The cameras were mostly focused on a group who were happy to get involved, whilst the rest of us did our own thing- it was a very enjoyable couple of days in a place which I probably would have never thought to visit, whatever the club's intentions were.

What coach were you on Ted?

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

No doubt that those who went had a top time and I don't have much to say against a free trip for beer and football lol but the whole club manufactured 'friendship' thing is just weird. 'Together Fearless' sums up the cringeworthiness of the whole thing for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, anotherharboroughfox said:

No doubt that those who went had a top time and I don't have much to say against a free trip for beer and football lol but the whole club manufactured 'friendship' thing is just weird. 'Together Fearless' sums up the cringeworthiness of the whole thing for me.

Yeah I know what you mean- the flag was a monstrosity, and my LCFC/OHL t-shirt is still very much in its wrapper lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Exactly, I wasn't interested in getting involved in the organised side of things I would prefer to do what I wanted  which I did.

Lets face it it's to do with promoting the King Power brand which the chairman is entitled to do so, after all he has put a lot of money into the club. So I have no problem with that would much rather have the Thais running the club than some we have had in the past.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, anotherharboroughfox said:

This is my view too. I can easily understand why people would want to take advantage of the trip being offered. What I find a bit sickly is the "King Power family" identity that's being pushed. Identities that are based on corporate brands aren't meaningful.

'#lcfc Fans travelled across the channel to unite the King Power family in Leuven'

Does nobody check it and think 'maybe we shouldn't say that'? If they'd just posted a tweet saying that our fans had gone over to Leuven then that's fine, fair play. To actually refer to us as the 'King Power Family' is just wrong. It's insulting to be honest. 

• 2 months later...