Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

King Power To Unite Fans Of Leicester City & OH Leuven

King Power To Unite Fans Of Leicester City & OH Leuven

EVENT

Published 7 mins ago

2 Reading timeMinutes

King Power International will bring together its football family in the coming months, by uniting the fans of its cross-channel clubs at two special matchdays.

- King Power offer reciprocal matchday experience to fans of Leicester City and OH Leuven 
- Belgian club was acquired by Leicester City’s owners earlier this year 
- A group of lucky City fans to travel to OHL match on 12 November 
- OHL fans to visit King Power Stadium in January 
- Leicester Vice Chairman hopes experience can lead to a special bond between fans

Owners of Leicester City since 2010, King Power acquired Belgian second-division club OH Leuven in June 2017.

And to introduce the supporters of two of their beloved clubs, Vichai and Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha are giving a group of lucky fans from both Leicester City and OHL the chance to take in the King Power experience on the other side of the channel.

On the morning of Sunday 12 November, two coaches filled with City fans will depart Leicester for the picturesque Belgian city of Leuven, where they will be special guests at OHL’s King Power at Den Dreef Stadium for the Proximus League clash with SV Roeselare later that evening.

The trip will include a ticket for the match and overnight accommodation ahead of the party’s return to Leicester on Monday 13 November.

The opportunity to bring that passion together and to hopefully create a special bond between the two sets of fans is really exciting, so we’re delighted to offer this opportunity to supporters of both clubs.

Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha Leicester City Vice Chairman

Foxes fans are sure to be in for a warm welcome and will have their chance to return the hospitality early in 2018, when a similar contingent of OHL fans head for Leicester’s King Power Stadium for the Premier League visit of Watford on 20 January*.

Leicester City Vice Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha said: “We feel very privileged to be the owners of two great football clubs – both with passionate, positive supporters who are a huge part of their respective club’s identity.

“The opportunity to bring that passion together and to hopefully create a special bond between the two sets of fans is really exciting, so we’re delighted to offer this opportunity to supporters of both clubs.”

Places for the trip to Leuven on 12/13 November will be open to all Leicester City Season Ticket Holders and Members aged 18 and over.

Places will be made available via ballot, which will open at 9.00am on Tuesday 10 October and close at 6.00pm on Thursday 19 October.

Entrants will be notified by email as to whether they have been successful on Friday 20 October.

Coaches will depart King Power Stadium at 5.00am on 12 November and arrive back at 8.00pm on Monday 13 (all timings approximate and subject to final itinerary).

Trip includes match ticket and overnight accommodation in Leuven, A full itinerary will be distributed to successful applicants ahead of the trip.

Leicester City supporters will be able to enter the ballot HERE from 9.00am on Tuesday 10 October. Entry to the ballot will be online only.

* Fixture may be subject to change.

23 minutes ago, Bilo said:

This all sounds a bit Watford to me.

People slate the VfL Bochum and Anderlecht friendships, but at least they've come from genuine fan friendships and experience.

Not criticising the club here but all 'friendships' are weird to me. I support Leicester City, that's it. I might like to see other clubs doing well but I wouldn't spend time or money following them as that's what I do for Leicester.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

Just now, Fox92 said:

Not criticising the club here but all 'friendships' are weird to me. We support Leicester City, that's it. I might like to see other clubs doing well but I wouldn't spend time or money following them as that's what I do for Leicester.

It's a good job Bochum are German and compete in the German league system then isn't it

Just now, Wookie said:

It's a good job Bochum are German and compete in the German league system then isn't it

I wasn't knocking it or putting it down if that's what you're into. That's why I said "weird to me".

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I wasn't knocking it or putting it down if that's what you're into. That's why I said "weird to me".

I get that and I'd wholeheartedly agree that it would be weird to support another english club but with a foreign team it's different and when some of the Bochum lads are more outwardly passionate about Leicester than even some of our own fans it does create a kinship, which sounds pretty cheesy but it's true.

Edited by Wookie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not criticising the club here but all 'friendships' are weird to me. I support Leicester City, that's it. I might like to see other clubs doing well but I wouldn't spend time or money following them as that's what I do for Leicester.

To be fair, it gives you a great chance to meet new people and experience a different football culture. It's been a real eye-opener for me. I certainly wouldn't want to be part of a friendship with another English club. I have a bit of a soft spot for some English teams, but not enough to take a regular interest in them. 

I'm Leicester born and bred, I support LCFC (and only LCFC) because it represents my formative years where my respect for family, community and shared values and experiences developed and grew. I have no personal connection with Leuven or Belgium and have no interest in an exercise by the owners to benefit their mid-to-long term commercial interests rather than my interests as an LCFC supporter.

• Like 3