Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

Poll - Shakey In or Out?

Shakey - In or Out  

407 members have voted

1. 1. A simple poll to gauge the mood. At this point in time, do you think we should give CS more time or have you seen enough?

• In - not time to sack him yet
    • Out - we've seen enough

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

This is real world with decisions costing millions of pounds. Him not getting the sack by the weekend is nothing to do with ambition. It's about people giving employees every chance of getting it right before chucking millions down the toilet, it's still very early days. I'm sure they are aware their other employees have also screwed the manager over some what with the signings!

I can’t criticise the owners for a lot, but this I can.... they should not have given him the job, it was never not going to end in tears.... let’s be frank about this, Craig hasn’t the foggiest what he is doing, the subs and formation changes come far too late and the turged style of football leaves one wondering what they do on the training field... I understand the implications of removing managers early into contracts but the owners chose to give it to him, now they’ve got to make a difficult decision.... unfortunately time isn’t something you get, you can’t keep relying on late runs of forms to survive, you’ve got to act early... the biggest **** up since their arrival was giving Shakey the job full time, if we’re not careful we will pay for this error.   

16 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Imo, we're as bad now as we were under CR last season. 

Slow on the ball, predictable, no pressure, noone moving into space, sideways easy passes, the list goes on and on.

It's terrible.  Really poor. 

I agree, we just conceded loads more last season because Huth and Morgan were so shite. Going forward, we are worse imo. 

19 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Imo, we're as bad now as we were under CR last season. 

Slow on the ball, predictable, no pressure, noone moving into space, sideways easy passes, the list goes on and on.

It's terrible.  Really poor. 

disagree. last season the team looked really, really bad. at least this season there is a glimmer of hope and we look like scoring from time to time.

Guest BlueBrett

Yeah I've seen enough now. Get rid and bring someone in til end of season and then bring back NFP in the summer. We need that buffer in the interim so it's not too awks for Nige to take his mate's job

Persisting with Shakes means settling for mediocrity (at best). It's not about fighting for top 10 anymore, we're in for relegation struggle, again. There's no point in waiting with the manager change anymore, I can't see how he could turn things around. Should we give him time until Christmas or wait til February and see ourselves knee deep in dung again, and the players become shadows of former selves just as it was last season? I'd love to be a proven wrong, hope Shakes tactics and our results will expose me as a panic prone bed wetter but I can't imagine us winning away at Swansea and Stoke. It's bad, we're just scraping for points. I see no future under Shakes other than the future in Championship. The club, the fans, current squad, we deserve better.

I've literally no faith in the owners or the people who make the big decisions having done any planning or forward thinking about who we should bring in, just in case it doesn't work out with Shakey. It would be worse to just be stuck with the managerial merry-go-round with an interim boss for the forseeable future. Last time we nearly ended up with Hodgson for christ sake.

Unless we actually have a decent replacement lined up and ready to go, I'd rather stick with what we have for the time being. As slow as we've been to get the ball forward and as much as we've been lacking in creativity, the players are still playing for him from what I've seen. Also make no mistake he has been completely screwed over with our pathetic transfer business towards the end of the window.

What I would like to see however is for him to mix it up from the start of a match and not wait until the 92nd minute to bring on Andy King when we had several opportunities to counter attack in the previous few minutes and were crying out for some pace in the side and should be pushing for another goal.

9 hours ago, Buce said:

Huddersfield, WBA, Bournemouth, Brighton...

Yeah, absolutely huge.

Didn't lose against any of them.

I'm not saying we can call not losing successful, and yeah performances weren't exactly stellar, but it's 3 (THREE) games.

Really becoming disillusioned with the game. 

Archived