Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

Poll - Shakey In or Out?

Shakey - In or Out  

407 members have voted

1. 1. A simple poll to gauge the mood. At this point in time, do you think we should give CS more time or have you seen enough?

• In - not time to sack him yet
    • Out - we've seen enough

"Caretakers/ interim managers made permanent always end up this way? 

A great club club man ends up ridiculed, which is sad.

But since the initial run of fixtures , winning games in a row. Performances have been awful.

Subs at half time, no plan. 

No confidence in squad? Or other formations would have been tried.

The writing is on the wall .

1 hour ago, shade said:

genuinely shocked at the vitriol on this board, and i’m not even an emotional beta kind of guy. this is a man who has put everything in to this club over his time here, and who the vast majority were glorifying a few months ago praying he got the job. i question the mental aptitude of some of our fans when I read some of these comments, it’s like angrily calling your mum a stupid tw*t because she overcooks your steak.

Have you seen us play haha 

The premier league is an unforgiving league and Shakey isn’t up to it, as a backup coach I don’t doubt his credentials but he is not good enough as a manager at this level.

Lets go for someone with experience and tactical Nouce. Benitez ticks all the boxes.

All this 'Shakey is negative' nonsense is complete b*llox. 

How can you play progressive football with 5 CDMs to choose from in the middle? 

The Silva debacle is shafting us. Even then we've only really played big teams.

STOP PANICKING

He’s not negative or positive he’s not anything. We have no real identity or plan. I have no idea of what we are trying to do. West Brom are negative, it’s dull but you can see what their plan is - they have worked on it on the training ground. With us I genuinely have no idea what we are trying to achieve. 

9 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

STOP PANICKING

West Brom a big team my f**king arse ?

13 hours ago, Mark said:

Too reactive.

The changes he made today were right but he waited too long till we were chasing the game again. Time to move on from this failing 4-4-2 or go.

This is key

Our away record with 442/4411 is failing to win in something like 25 of last 26 away games (numbers may be a bit different)

If we trot out the same formation/tactics & get same result yet again, it's indefensible to anyone - Surely?

Rudkin may have dealt him a bum deal in the summer, but Drinkwater still isn't fit to play anyway so I'm not sure that would make any difference

If Shakey was to go & assuming Pearson wasn't temporarily appointed, I think the club needs a massive clearout of that era's backroom staff - There's something seriously wrong that this side isn't comfortably top half, just look at the players

17 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

STOP PANICKING

Yeah, especially Huddersfield, Bournemouth and WBA.

2 hours ago, Callabinho said:

If he isn’t gone by Friday then it’s clear the owners aren’t as ambitious as once thought. The current performances are unacceptable and we will go down if we continue in this manner. ****ing simple. 

This is real world with decisions costing millions of pounds. Him not getting the sack by the weekend is nothing to do with ambition. It's about people giving employees every chance of getting it right before chucking millions down the toilet, it's still very early days. I'm sure they are aware their other employees have also screwed the manager over some what with the signings!

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

If they are ambitious as they say are, then they won’t put up with this crap for much longer.

There ambitions for this season was to be top half, so 10th, by end of this year & push for a cup in new year - They're not gonna sack him because someone in Leicestershire thinks we should

They will not be happy with bobbing along in relegation zone, but they don't pull the trigger lightly; Sven Pearson & Ranieri are testament to that

Does he match the owners ambitions of European Football?

Do you have the confidence in him keeping us up?

Do you have the confidence in him getting results in the next 3 fixtures?

If you ask yourself these 3 questions and if they aren't all Yes than there is literally no point in him being here anymore. For me it's a no to all 3.

1 hour ago, somebum said:

Have you seen us play haha 

yeah, it’s not great but I wouldn’t start personally abusing the man, or making degrading pictures, it’s weird to me, do people actually act like that in real life? i just feel like quite a few people are either trolls or let the internet anonymity go to their heads, can’t they just post something like....

”i’m disappointed in shakes, i thought he would be better than this, his tactics are negative and sadly I think we need to look elsewhere”

4 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Does he match the owners ambitions of European Football?

Do you have the confidence in him keeping us up?

Do you have the confidence in him getting results in the next 3 fixtures?

If you ask yourself these 3 questions and if they aren't all Yes than there is literally no point in him being here anymore. For me it's a no to all 3.

Ambitions are top 10 forget Europe they said they want stability first.

4 minutes ago, shade said:

yeah, it’s not great but I wouldn’t start personally abusing the man, or making degrading pictures, it’s weird to me, do people actually act like that in real life? i just feel like quite a few people are either trolls or let the internet anonymity go to their heads, can’t they just post something like....

”i’m disappointed in shakes, i thought he would be better than this, his tactics are negative and sadly I think we need to look elsewhere”

Comments like that slip between the cracks unnoticed though don't they, so they won't get a reaction.

26 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

STOP PANICKING

Agree with the sentiment

But you change the midfield formation to suit, eg. 4231 Ndidi & Iborra at the base, with Albrighton, Gray & Mahrez in front... or 352 with 3 CMs from the 5 & Chilwell/ Fuchs & Albrighton out wide

The fact he's still trotting out what's not working isn't acceptable

This next game, away, he HAS to change, if not I'll find it difficult to carry on thinking he can turn it around

48 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

STOP PANICKING

Huddersfield, WBA, Bournemouth, Brighton...

Yeah, absolutely huge.

44 minutes ago, Babylon said:

This is real world with decisions costing millions of pounds. Him not getting the sack by the weekend is nothing to do with ambition. It's about people giving employees every chance of getting it right before chucking millions down the toilet, it's still very early days. I'm sure they are aware their other employees have also screwed the manager over some what with the signings!

Lose against Swansea and he's a dead man walking, if not already. Of course the owners won't pull the trigger unless they have a replacement aligned but it would be naive to think that they're not already searching.

I don't think he's going to turn things up. He's too afraid of failing and every game shows it. He lost me at Bournemouth.

7 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Lose against Swansea and he's a dead man walking, if not already. Of course the owners won't pull the trigger unless they have a replacement aligned but it would be naive to think that they're not already searching.

I don't think he's going to turn things up. He's too afraid of failing and every game shows it. He lost me at Bournemouth.

You give the owners too much credit in terms of manager searches. Firing people with no idea of a replacement is what we seem to do all the time!

11 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Why won't they? Every other sacking they've made they had no one lined up. If they feel his time is up than they'll just pull the trigger.

4 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Why won't they? Every other sacking they've made they had no one lined up. If they feel his time is up than they'll just pull the Trigger.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You give the owners too much credit in terms of manager searches. Firing people with no idea of a replacement is what we seem to do all the time!

Without a decent replacement and then let Appleton as transition manager? I thought it couldn't go worse but we might actually manage to pull it off.

I'd give him two more games, change the system to 3-5-2 and see where that takes us.

Under Ranieri last season was a boring joke, it's not as bad this season but it's getting close.

I like Shakey but he isn't managerial material, someone like him would be best off starting in the lower leagues.

14 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Without a decent replacement and then let Appleton as transition manager? I thought it couldn't go worse but we might actually manage to pull it off.

Rather have Bert & Ernie managing us right now.

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

We've taken points from all of them...

Have some faith, things aren't that bad yet.

Aside from the mighty Brighton we were shit even against teams outside the top 6.

We should have lost against Huddersfield. They completely outplayed us the first half and if they were a bit more precise in the last third, we'd haven 2 down at half time. Bournemouth was a daylight robbery as well. The only game worth to mention is the one against Arsenal. Since then everything went down the drain.

Archived