Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

Poll - Shakey In or Out?

Shakey - In or Out  

407 members have voted

1. 1. A simple poll to gauge the mood. At this point in time, do you think we should give CS more time or have you seen enough?

• In - not time to sack him yet
    • Out - we've seen enough

Shouldn't even be a question.

Anyone who watches football can see we are a disgrace. It's a matter of when, not if, so let's get rid before things get out of hand.

I'm wondering why Shakespeare should get more time despite never showing anything as a manager, whilst a man who brought us the league title went when we were in the same position.

Wider issue here is that we missed a golden opportunity to go in a different direction this summer. 

Whoever comes in during the next international break (I'd say it's getting towards odds-on that we'll have a new manager in place before the Man City home game) will just be fire-fighting through December (when there are 7 games) and will still have the same problems Shakespeare has with regards personnel. Implementing the sort of change this club needs is not going to happen mid-season and nor is it going to happen just by changing the manager.

That said Shakespeare, dealt a crap hand, is playing it extremely poorly and can have few complaints if he's given his marching orders in the next month if things don't change drastically.

We had a lot of possession, it was always important that first goal. The good thing was the players resilience - you saw the never say die attitude today.”

”...I thought it was at least what we deserved tonight.”

Get out, you clueless sack of shit.

2 minutes ago, promised land said:

Why should he keep his position then?

What has he done to earn that if it’s not fair to sack him? 

Nothing, I am quite conflicted by this as I never thought he should have got the job in the first place and am unsurprised that we're back where we were 8 months ago.

Fundamentally though I don't think it's right to say "you're the man" and then make a change after 8 games. I said a few weeks ago that it was fair to judge after 12 games and even if the results weren't good, as long as we were headed in the right direction philosophy/strategy/performance-wise I'd be behind him. That's looking unlikely right now.

Archived