Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

Poll - Shakey In or Out?

Shakey - In or Out  

407 members have voted

1. 1. A simple poll to gauge the mood. At this point in time, do you think we should give CS more time or have you seen enough?

• In - not time to sack him yet
    • Out - we've seen enough

Same thing 2-3 games on and yup, bite the bullet. Something has to change and he cant do just that its got to fall on his head. Would be unceremonious for his work here but that would be our fault for not doing something different when Claudio was fired.

Was great as an assistant but he just hasn’t made the step up toamager really thinking this was one step too far for Shaky !!

Im now waiting for the press to put out a conspiracy theory that Shaky has lost the dressing room and the team are playing crap to get him sacked, mmm have we heard this somewhere before ???? ??

In - but the pressure is well and truly on now. He needs 4 points from the next two league games IMO.

Whist we are waiting for those games the club need to start doing their due diligence on other options... beyond out of work dinosaurs!!!!

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

In - but the pressure is well and truly on now. He needs 4 points from the next two league games IMO.

Whist we are waiting for those games the club need to start doing their due diligence on other options... beyond out of work dinosaurs!!!!

Why though? What is that you've seen...

14 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I'm wondering why Shakespeare should get more time despite never showing anything as a manager, whilst a man who brought us the league title went when we were in the same position.

I don't think the situations are the same despite similar positions. The way we constantly capitulated under CR, heads dropped etc. I really don't see that here at the moment.

It was obvious we were going down under CR and I don't really feel the same at this moment in time with CS as the players are still behind him from what I see on the pitch.

I fear for us - terrible mix of players at the moment. Very few with something to prove. Most of our players seem to be on the decline.

Maguire awfully slow at everything - very boring to watch. It was like a library today during the first half.

Realise how lucky we were to watch us win the league with the most entertaining brand of football.

I'd give him the next few games until the international break in November.

Swansea away, Everton home, Stoke away. If we're still in the bottom three and looking generally clueless let him go then with the 2 week break to source new candidates.

Things could easily click and we might win all three. The players need to look at themselves again, I fear just like with Ranieri, they've now downed tools on Shakey. Where's the running and effort and pressing and passion shown when Shakey took over last season and we won 5 in a row? 

It's a tough one for me, I'd probably side with wanting to look for a new man before (if) we're a lost cause at the moment because the football has been so depressingly turgid bar one or two decent showings against the top sides as well as the Brighton game. You can't legislate for Riyad missing an absolute sitter, or Fuchs passing it to an opposition player, but you can for ponderous substitutions and bizarre tactical set ups.

However, I don't feel he should be the only one held accountable for the mess we find ourselves in – he's had his hands almost unfairly tied by the utter ineptitude of whoever deals with our transfers and now the middle of the park is down to the bare bones again after flogging a huge player for us before landing his replacement.

We've not been good enough whatsoever but he shouldn't be the only one whose head should be rolling.

I had predicted that with CS still on the job, we would found ourselves in the relegation fodder bracket by boxing day.

The fact that we already are 10 weeks ahead of schedule leaves absolutely no alternatives to the board.

We have to show him the door before the Stoke away game.

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Agree in a way, starting looking now, and replace him if and it's a big if we get who we want.

No way of escaping it, we need a manager in, not a coach

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Why though? What is that you've seen...

I still see players playing for him. I see missed chances and shit keeping costing him 3 points today. We've not lost to a team outside the big 7 under him. He's been screwed over with transfers.

I've seen a lot of shit, don't get me wrong. But I don't feel anything close to how I did when we were sliding down the league under CR, we were done for that much was obvious.

Results at the end of the day will make the decision and they now need to come rapidly.

I always want to give every manager the opportunity to succeed, it doesn't always have to mean I like them or have seen something great. Come the next two games he'll have had games against a cross section of the league that I think is fair to judge him on.

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I don't think the situations are the same despite similar positions. The way we constantly capitulated under CR, heads dropped etc. I really don't see that here at the moment.

It was obvious we were going down under CR and I don't really feel the same at this moment in time with CS as the players are still behind him from what I see on the pitch.

Give it time, early days... but with more investment 

He's been unfortunate with not having Adrien Silva available but that doesn't excuse his insistence on playing 4-4-2, even though it is clear that it is causing many of our issues.

I would just like a complete change from our old tired ways. Would have loved a managed like Marco Silva but I think we will end up with Big Fat Sam who will keep us up but stamp out any aspirations of ever being an attractive playing top 8 club. More like 1-0's and battling bore draws to keep us just above the relegation zone each season. 

I still feel it's slightly harsh on Shakey, after everything he has given us, but I can just see our club going backwards and that is partly due to a stubborn idea that if we stick to the old formula no matter what, then we can recreate that success.  

Maybe if Everton get rid of Koeman, we could pounce, otherwise not sure who I would want who's available and likely interested in us. We just need a fresh start and clean slate. new ideas and no player or system blind loyalties! 

Definative out.

That was a disgrace.

Disgusting game and performance. West Bromwich Albion are the most boring team in the league...we out-bored them tonight, the last 10 minutes we decided to have a go but it was too little too late, Shakespeare is more concerned about not losing rather than winning. I've seen enough.

Even if we had managed to get a winner tonight, i'm so fucked off with what went on for 80 minutes i'd still be saying all of the above.

23 minutes ago, Babylon said:

No we need 6points from the next 2 games 

37 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Shouldn't even be a question.

Anyone who watches football can see we are a disgrace. It's a matter of when, not if, so let's get rid before things get out of hand.

I'm wondering why Shakespeare should get more time despite never showing anything as a manager, whilst a man who brought us the league title went when we were in the same position.

To be fair, Claudio had 4 months on what Shakey had. Hopefully the owners won't make the same mistake and keep him too long! 

Archived