Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

Poll - Shakey In or Out?

Shakey - In or Out  

407 members have voted

1. 1. A simple poll to gauge the mood. At this point in time, do you think we should give CS more time or have you seen enough?

• In - not time to sack him yet
    • Out - we've seen enough

Can't see us winning again this season with this guy in charge. Horrendous manager and you could tell the crowd were restless at the end tonight as the boos were distinctly heard. 

Such a shame what's happening to the club and can see us doing a Blackburn rovers once the owners get bored. 

A lot of fans put all their eggs in one basket when they saw the fixture list and just went along with the mindset of accepting 0pts from Arsenal, MU, Liverpool and Chelsea, and then were ignorant enough to believe that we will win all games against the sides like Brighton, Hudds, B'mouth and WBA. The first two we don't have much recent experience of, but our record against the latter two in the PL is dreadful, particularly at home to WBA anyway.

The results we've had against the lesser clubs would be fine had we taken a win and a draw for example from the bigger sides. Palace, Burnley, Watford, Newcastle and Stoke have all taken points off the teams some of us seem able to accept that we should roll over for. I feel similar right now to how it felt over January/February with Ranieri, going into games not confident at all. Swansea away right now I see going exactly the same way as it did earlier in the year. I despise the 'football' we are playing right now and have done since it turned from effective counter attacking and intelligent long balls, to aimless hoofball. We did indeed miss a chance this summer to overhaul that, get somebody like a Marco Silva in. I'm not after Guardiola type football and I wouldn't expect an overnight transition but most of our squad should have enough technical ability to not treat the ball like a hot potato. Morgan/Simpson/Ndidi aside. Fuchs, Maguire, Dragovic, Iborra, Silva, Mahrez, Okazaki should be good enough. We seem to like to suck any skillful ability out of players. How Mahrez would flourish at a team who let him free. Iheanacho you have to question if he was a good signing. We knew what football we were going to play, and bare in mind the talent that he had around him at Man City, the creative flair that put chances on a plate for him. Here he will be feeding off scraps. He's obviously a good player but that was part of what gave him his brilliant scoring rate. We've signed two CM's who you would imagine are going to be a good calming influence on the ball, but they're never going to see it with Morgan hoofing it over their heads. Something is horribly wrong at this club. It's a mix of players that aren't good enough anymore, players who have nothing else to achieve after 15/16, awful tactics/style. We haven't led in a match since Brighton have we? Barely scored from open play.

Basically out. I don't know whether someone like Allardyce would be a shout just to secure PL football next season as with him recently he seems to only want short term jobs now. Then overhaul things in the summer, or risk doing it now with a foreign name like when Pochettino joined Soton, Silva with Hull.

26 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Yes, he has been royally shafted by the Silva business, so if he takes the first bullet there'll be a lot of angry people at the club.

With an international break just a few games away, I'd give him the chance to extend the unbeaten run and perhaps look for answers in different places. You should pause before making a clean break from the staff behind our success. After all, he achieved his objectives last season and isn't really to blame for the ridiculous shortfall of personnel in midfield.

We saw a change in shape late on today. Shakespeare depends too heavily on establishing consensus, but perhaps he can shift that consensus after tonight. Maybe they'll acknowledge the need for a longer-term change in shape and get behind it. And maybe his authority isn't what it should be, and he needed to wait for a moment like that to implement a change. It may have been a long time coming, but perhaps a change achieved that way will be more successful than what happens when a new boss comes in, with his own ideas.

If he needs consensus he needs to be gone

6 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Thinking about it the Don was sacked for far less than this clown 

Like @Babylon has mentioned, we are still absolutely nowhere near as bad as we were last season. We were getting absolutely tanned on an almost weekly basis and went months without scoring for crying out loud.

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Shouldn't have got the job in the first place. Out. 

That's what I said at the end of last season when he was confirmed as manager.

Granted we were hit with a heap of injuries during the run-in but it still did'nt explain his poor decisions and cluelessness when it came to Plan B.

6 minutes ago, Walkers said:

A lot of fans put all their eggs in one basket when they saw the fixture list and just went along with the mindset of accepting 0pts from Arsenal, MU, Liverpool and Chelsea, and then were ignorant enough to believe that we will win all games against the sides like Brighton, Hudds, B'mouth and WBA. The first two we don't have much recent experience of, but our record against the latter two in the PL is dreadful, particularly at home to WBA anyway.

The results we've had against the lesser clubs would be fine had we taken a win and a draw for example from the bigger sides. Palace, Burnley, Watford, Newcastle and Stoke have all taken points off the teams some of us seem able to accept that we should roll over for. I feel similar right now to how it felt over January/February with Ranieri, going into games not confident at all. Swansea away right now I see going exactly the same way as it did earlier in the year. I despise the 'football' we are playing right now and have done since it turned from effective counter attacking and intelligent long balls, to aimless hoofball. We did indeed miss a chance this summer to overhaul that, get somebody like a Marco Silva in. I'm not after Guardiola type football and I wouldn't expect an overnight transition but most of our squad should have enough technical ability to not treat the ball like a hot potato. Morgan/Simpson/Ndidi aside. Fuchs, Maguire, Dragovic, Iborra, Silva, Mahrez, Okazaki should be good enough. We seem to like to suck any skillful ability out of players. How Mahrez would flourish at a team who let him free. Iheanacho you have to question if he was a good signing. We knew what football we were going to play, and bare in mind the talent that he had around him at Man City, the creative flair that put chances on a plate for him. Here he will be feeding off scraps. He's obviously a good player but that was part of what gave him his brilliant scoring rate. We've signed two CM's who you would imagine are going to be a good calming influence on the ball, but they're never going to see it with Morgan hoofing it over their heads. Something is horribly wrong at this club. It's a mix of players that aren't good enough anymore, players who have nothing else to achieve after 15/16, awful tactics/style. We haven't led in a match since Brighton have we? Barely scored from open play.

Basically out. I don't know whether someone like Allardyce would be a shout just to secure PL football next season as with him recently he seems to only want short term jobs now. Then overhaul things in the summer, or risk doing it now with a foreign name like when Pochettino joined Soton, Silva with Hull.

And to add, who makes our signings nowadays? I get that in the Pearson days, and correctly so (unless its an absolute superstar) new players don't just walk into the side. But why did we blow 12m on Iborra to wait until Andy King is clearly out of form to start playing hm? Jakupovic... WTF is that all about. Waste 3m on him to replace our outgoing #2 in the summer just to insert him as our new #3 apparently. And on a slightly different note, WTF was Ulloa's contract extension all about? Signing an international CB on loan to be our 5th choice CB?

Just now, F1_AN said:

If he needs consensus he needs to be gone

I think all managers need consensus. Most, I'd guess, achieve it by saying 'look, here's the plan' and everyone else having faith that he's got it right. Others, including Pearson, have closely involved players in the decision-making process and achieved it that way. Even Ranieri, early on, listened to the players' thoughts on systems and training routines and achieved his greatest success when he stuck to that advice.

The problem, when it's come to major changes at Leicester, has - for a few years - been that there's little appetite for it. At times that's a good thing (summer 2015) and at times not (the first two thirds of last season, and right now). As regards the system we play, if the players dictate the pace of change then that change may be more successful than if a new boss were to arrive and clash with those players. So my hope is that we made a change tonight, it worked, and there's a team-wide agreement - together with the manager - that we need to try some new ideas.

I find the hostility towards the bloke genuinely puzzling. 

When's the last time we had a manager for longer than a 2 year period without a witch hunt?

We're a horrid set of fans. Or at least on here we are. I need to keep telling myself those that want to moan are more likely to post. The reaction on here surely is not representative.

And yes I did watch tonight, and no it was not enjoyable viewing. I just don't think there is enough evidence either way that Shakespeare is the best man for the job. No matter who we have in charge we'll still have nothing in centre mid.

Don't post here much but why all the hate for Shakey? We've had a tough run of games. Fine margins. We didn't play great tonight but we didn't play badly. His subs worked today too. I think we should sack the fans personally, far too quiet today when the lads needed them the most.

I also think he probably needs to go, though I don't believe we'll be relegated under him.  The team will step it up.

If he is sacked I certainly hope we bring in someone for the long term and not some "fat Sam type".  Time to get a manager that wants to build a team and knows how to manage in the Prem.

We have a decent enough squad on paper

But the overall direction is backwards 

Shakey is far too negative and tactically naive

I wanted him but increasingly can’t see much hope with him at the helm

But there are other problems just as worrying which start with Rudkin

Tried to avoid posting too much last night. Any decent manager would have smelt blood immediately when Myhill got injured. Gone for the juguler and just keep on shooting and putting balls in the box and won the game. We have a really bad points return against the top 6 so the only chance we have of not being in a relegation battle is by winning these kind of home games. If we continue like this we are in big trouble this season. With the way west brom set up surely the best chance to beat them is to have players driving at their defence. They play too deep at the KP for the ball over the top to Vardy to work. The game was crying out for Gray to run at them. Why make a sub during added time when we needed every last second of the time added on to have a chance to win. You only do that to see a game out and a draw at home to west brom with their main keeper out and their 2nd keeper injured is the kind of result that puts you in a relegation battle. With the amount of money we have spent it's just not good enough. 

Archived