Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SuperMike

Transfers

3 hours ago, sk3since03 said:

Puel managed Mendy at Nice, might get the best out of him! 

Hope we don’t get rid too soon 

Nice have the option to buy him in the summer. Agree though, I'd like to see him back and Puel is probably our best chance of making it happen.

Along with everyone else I'm hoping our midfield trio will be Iborra, Ndidi and Silva - all playing at the top of their game and making things really tough for the opposition. If that is the case then Mendy would, together with King and James, only ever be a stand in.

Let him go - if he is playing as well as reported then at least we may get a decent fee for him.

Everton fans are pretty peeved with Walsh so maybe he could be a signing, not exactly youth but he did OK with recruitment here before.

I'm more concerned with the age gap between the players, not many in their mid 20's. Its either young or old which will be even more pronounced when Mahrez moves on and Albrighton becomes a regular reserve player.

On 11/1/2017 at 04:16, SuperMike said:

Am I the only one to be concerned that our squad is getting to be top heavy? I worry that our famous 'team spirit' may be getting watered down by having too many 'stars' who don't get regular first team football and must be feeling a bit pe'ed off? When only one of your SEVEN most expensive players EVER can make the first eleven it points to a problem (probably a recruitment problem!). I'm hoping in january we sign no-one  and maybe move on some fringe players (Musa? Ulloa? Benny? - all of whom would be excellent aquisitions for championship clubs) . Lets make room for the big signings, the youngsters, returning loanees, returning injuries and, of course, Adrien Silva!

We def need to let some players get on with their careers. But if we move some players (Mahrez, Slimani, Ulloa, Benny, etc.), I have to think we'll allow Puel to bring in a player or three. Perhaps not big signings, just players who know what he wants to do. Personally, I'd like to see a RWB who can score some goals, I think that would really open up our options in terms of formations, but whether that makes more sense in the Jan window or the summer window, IDK. I think Puel will be particular about who we bring in, and may want to spend more time combing Ligue 1 and the Championship for younger players he can bring along, rather than splashing much cash. We'll see though, it'll be interesting.

On 01/11/2017 at 14:34, Koke said:

Ulloa just signed a bumper 2 year contract. He is 31. He isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Musa must be on at least £40-45k a week. All we can hope for is he has a good World Cup so another gullible club will take him off our hands otherwise he, too, isn't going anywhere.

Benalouane will see out his contract here and leave on a free. Utter waste of a signing. These guys are on big money and we can't ship them out.

James & Slimani might still have a future here.

Exactly, what on earth was someone thinking doing that!!

Must have been cos we're short of Forwards!!!

On 11/2/2017 at 07:46, SuperMike said:

Along with everyone else I'm hoping our midfield trio will be Iborra, Ndidi and Silva - all playing at the top of their game and making things really tough for the opposition. If that is the case then Mendy would, together with King and James, only ever be a stand in.

Let him go - if he is playing as well as reported then at least we may get a decent fee for him.

That trio would be great, but I would def prefer Mendy to King/James as the first off the bench. A Mendy/James bench would be strong. With Iborra and Silva, we should be mindful of keeping the mileage on the tires down, at least in less important games. Mendy has the stamina to sub in for Ndidi -- King cannot do that job, maybe James can do 80% of it -- as well as for Iborra or Silva. Yes, he won't duplicate Silva's attacking production, but he has surprisingly nice touch going forward, and can reliably make the clever pass to initiate the counterattack. 

Just my .02, I've watched him play 4 games at Nice now, I think he'd have started most of our games if he stayed, and at worst would be a regular sub off the bench. Considering we already invested in him, anyone comparable as a back-up will be much more costly. 

Tho of course, all bets are off if he doesn't want to come back. We want players excited to be here.

Archived