Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Thailand international Chanathip Songkrasin

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Or we've identified him as someone we'd like to bring in and see if we could mould him in to a PL player and as he's Thai our owners are very proud and excited and have publicly said this to their media back home.

yes, that's a possibility....

10 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Would be pretty funny. What happened to all the Thai lads that the club flew over? The club kinda went silent on them, I presume because they're not great.

The club runs a pretty successful Thai Academy where a number of young Thai lads train over here for a set period of months, competing against a number of academies around the country. I believe they then return to Thailand and join the setup of a club we have connections with over there where they look to break into the league. From what I understand the Thai Academy is a separate entity to our own and there's no pathway as such into our own club. 

• Like 1

It's his perceived relationship with his players that could signal the end of Robson as national team coach. Speaking candidly about Chanatip Songkrasin, arguably the most fervently talked about footballing talent to have ever come from Thailand (and as yet uncapped by the seniors), Robson pulled no punches.

"He certainly has the ability, but I'm not sure about his attitude" Robson grimaced in a recent press conference following building pressure after an unremarkable 1-0 home loss against Oman. "He wants the lifestyle, the fame, the cars, the houses – but he wants it now. He has to realise he needs to work for it or he'll end up the same way as Prakit (Deeprom, currently without a club after a being released by Rajpara towards the end of last season)."

Robson's comments towards Songkrasin come after recent tabloid speculation that the two came to blows after the youngster had been invited to train with the first team, with the Bangkok Post reporting that punches were thrown.

"Listen, it's not my job to comment on press speculation. I'm here to answer questions about the game against Bahrain – any comments about what may or may not have happened in training will remain strictly in-house."

Even if he's brought in to boost Thailand's development internationally and our commercial interests there I doubt they'd force the manager to play him if he's not good enough.

24 years old and 5'3". Only played 14 games in Japan and not scored there yet either. You'd have to think dev squad signing or loan out, if not send him to Belgium for a season first

11 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

The club runs a pretty successful Thai Academy where a number of young Thai lads train over here for a set period of months, competing against a number of academies around the country. I believe they then return to Thailand and join the setup of a club we have connections with over there where they look to break into the league. From what I understand the Thai Academy is a separate entity to our own and there's no pathway as such into our own club. 

Oh right, thought the plan was to get them in our academy. 

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

On 11/21/2017 at 17:09, mozartfox said:

พาเขาเข้าไป

เราไม่ใช่องค์กรการกุศล

ใน Rudkin เราไว้ใจ

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Any more rumours about this guy?  

Things are going well for him at Consadole Sapporo. He's developing a really promising partnership with Jay Bothroyd. Look how they combine for these goals last week. There's something very 'Toshack and Keegan' about the second goal.