Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Monster Hunter: World

Anyone getting on the Beta for this this weekend? It's free for anyone on PS Plus and doesn't require a Pre-order for the game.

I used to love playing these games when I was younger, on the PSP and Nintendo Wii. A lot of people probably haven't heard of the franchise, as they primary focussed on the Japanese Market. This is the first one (that's not a port) to properly be released on PS4/Xbox in the West and from what I've seen it looks absolutely brilliant. A must try if you're new to the IP, and it's made by developers that won't try and fleece you for every penny you've got!

Edited by Adster

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Ive often looked at this game series and still have yet to play one of them. I may have to look at this now I can give it a try for free. Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

Its a brilliant series mate. They actually spend their budget on making brilliant games. They don't allocate 60% of their budget to stupid marketing campaigns which is why not a lot of people have heard of the series. 

Give it a go this weekend. If you're on PS4 I'll join you to do some of the quests on sunday. Let me know if you're on PS4 and if so I'll DM you my psn. 

Played the Beta for 7 hours yesterday and I'm mightily impressed. Loved matchmaking or just playing with friends. I love just going around, and exploring. The great thing is that the full game will have SO much more to do as well. 

My team managed to take down Rathalos in 20 minutes. Had to use everythingto our advantage though.

Just to let you guys know, if you're struggling with the 20 min time limit. It will NOT be 20 minutes in the actually game as this is just the beta. The standard time limit for quests in Monster Hunter is 50 minutes. 

What a great Beta that was. I played for around 20 hours and I still wanted to do more.

What were everyone's impressions? Anyone get on it over the weekend? I do think however the beta didn't do as great a job of introducing new players to the franchise as well as I'd of thought. I'm sure it'll be different in the Full game though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Absolutely buzzing for this game fully dropping tomorrow. 

For anyone who has not played a Monster Hunter game before. This is the perfect time to start! Reviews are coming in thick and fast praising the game and I'm not surprised. If you like Action RPG's you need to give this game a try. 

22 hours ago, Cal said:

Any good?

It's a decent game yeh, you just have to prepare yourself to not have your hand held in regards to everything involved though.

I've never played any of the other ones, so I felt a bit overwhelmed with everything to start with

Saying that it does have a handy SOS flare option to summon players to help you similar to Dark Souls, so your never really stuck in terms of beating a boss, even if you suck at the game

The monster fights are epic though, some of them are like shadow of the colossus big

Edited by MrSpaM

I have played 40 hours and this game is absolutely fvcking fantastic. The best entry in the series for me. 

I've been trying to get my mates into it who have never played a Monster Hunter game before. They're now hooked on the grind. 

The Beta wouldn't of made much of a first impression to new players, as there was no progression in at all. It was more like a Demo. 

This series doesn't hold your hand as Spam said. It has never done. It takes time to figure out all you can do and it takes real skill to master your weapon type of choice. Whilst also taking real skill to master a monsters moves so have an edge over them. 

As a veteran of the series. If anyone has any questions, let me know. :thumbup:

Edited by Adster

2 hours ago, Cal said:

I bought this Tuesday night, just killed that big poison bird thing. What weapons you guys using/recommend?

I'm traditionally a Long Sword/Charge Blade user but I'm loving the switch axe in this game. It's not too difficult to master and it's Zero Sum Discharge where you mount the monster looks fantastic. For first time players of the series, the long sword is probably the best weapon to start with.

I love you how this has the mechanics to make you just feel incredibly powerful, No matter what you use. 

You on ps4? If so, add me. My psn is: Martiiinezzz

Not been on this for 3 days as been so busy. I am ITCHING to finish work and get back on this tonight. I've played for 45 hours since release and I'm HR 13. I've mainly been exploring, and crafting the perfect sets. Sorting my builds out now. 

• 3 weeks later...

No surprised that it's just become the best selling game in Capcoms history. Shipped over 7.5m units already and it's only been out just over a month.

I'm still in awe of how good this game is. I'm 150 hours played and I still have just as much fun as when I started. 

If only games that try to focus on loot (such as Destiny 2) had an ounce of detail that Monster Hunter World has. Capcom have well and truly nailed it here with one of the best games I've ever played. 

Anyone still on this?

Edited by Adster

2 hours ago, Adster said:

No surprised that it's just become the best selling game in Capcoms history. Shipped over 7.5m units already and it's only been out just over a month.

...Street Fighter 2/Super Street Fighter 2 surely. It's still being released on new consoles

Just got this yesterday. First time I've played a monster hunter game. 

Mechanics take a while to get use to. Just been trying a few weapons out and so far the dual blades hands down wins. Everything else just seems slow. 

Enjoying the game so far.