Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

LCFC Women

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Who else is left in? Who would be a good draw for us?

Are we looking for a glamour tie against a Big team or are some beatable teams left in we’d be happy to draw at home and progress to the next round.

I've put them in order of league position, Sunderland, Ipswich or Southampton if they beat Palace would be ideal, this is also the joint furthest Leicester have ever gotten.

WSL:

Man City

Arsenal

Chelsea

Man United

Everton

Reading

Spurs

Brighton

Birmingham

Liverpool

Bristol City

Championship (we're currently 6th):

Lewes (8th)

Coventry United (9th)

Crystal Palace (10th)*

3rd Tier:

Sunderland

4th Tier:

Ipswich Town

Southampton*

*Palace & Southampton still have to play each other after their first game was abandoned at 3-0 to Palace

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Soarvalleyfox said:

Playing today at 2pm, has anyone been before? I'm thinking of taking my daughter if she wants to go but I think she might bee a bit too young (4). What's the ground like? Is there a covered area if it rains? And importantly, is there a bar? 😂

There’s two covered stands, 1 of which is seating. Theres also a clubhouse you can sit in where there’s a bar and snack bar. Prices are reasonable. We go down with our kids and they like it, there’s plenty of space for them to run around if they want.

For a bit of Sunday afternoon football I prefer it to staying in and watching the sky game, fresh air, live footy and a beer, can’t fault it.

• Like 2

On 07/01/2020 at 09:20, Izzy said:

It's interesting that these clubs are dropping the term 'ladies' as it's seen to be a dated term.

At the last two golf clubs I've been at, most of the female members go ape shit when men refer to them as women golfers instead of lady golfers. It has to be the 'ladies' section and the 'ladies' tee off times for the 'ladies' monthly medal. If you call them women they ain't happy. And this isn't just old women either but some of the younger ones don't like it too.

Funny because men golfers are men golfers - not 'gentlemen' golfers. 

I dunno...

Izzy you are too young for these old fashioned chauvinistic views - and may I add ageist views. In this day and age we are not supposed to differentiate between sex so both the males and females you speak of are acting badly. Do your golf cubs have specific sections for transgender or neutral gender people? If not then why differentiate between male and female? Alternatively just go back to the single sex only clubs and stop pandering to views that the members don't hold. 

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Izzy you are too young for these old fashioned chauvinistic views - and may I add ageist views. In this day and age we are not supposed to differentiate between sex so both the males and females you speak of are acting badly. Do your golf cubs have specific sections for transgender or neutral gender people? If not then why differentiate between male and female? Alternatively just go back to the single sex only clubs and stop pandering to views that the members don't hold. 

If being nearly 50 is too young then I’ll take that :thumbup:

Without wanting to derail the thread, some golf clubs are a law unto themselves. Many are private/member owned and are proud to uphold their old fashioned rules. They don’t particularly want or need to be PC and that’s their choice. If members don’t like it they can leave and join a more modern/progressive club.

I’m just a casual golfer now and not a member of any club but if I was to join a new club, their views on sexuality would be well down my list of priorities compared to the quality of the course and facilities. That’s not ‘pandering’ - it’s  just exercising personal choice.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Soarvalleyfox said:

I went today, took my 4 year old, and I really enjoyed it! Would definitely recommend it. Like the shirts, the language was a bit blue at times! Some of these girls have right potty mouths 😂

lol It’s fun when they start having barneys with each opposition. 

I couldn’t make it today, my lad had a 12:30 kick off. Typical that they get a win when I’m not there, I don’t think I’ve seen them win all season.  lol 

12 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

lol It’s fun when they start having barneys with each opposition. 

I couldn’t make it today, my lad had a 12:30 kick off. Typical that they get a win when I’m not there, I don’t think I’ve seen them win all season.  lol 

They weren't holding back on the challenges that's for sure! I know it was a womens game but it certainly was ungentlemanly. Having said that, my girl got a few autographs afterwards and one of the players held her hand and took her onto the pitch at the end to meet all the other players which I thought was lovely. Also I managed a few beers which was great! 🍻 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Soarvalleyfox said:

They weren't holding back on the challenges that's for sure! I know it was a womens game but it certainly was ungentlemanly. Having said that, my girl got a few autographs afterwards and one of the players held her hand and took her onto the pitch at the end to meet all the other players which I thought was lovely. Also I managed a few beers which was great! 🍻 

Wasn’t the full back was it? She took my lad and daughter on once to get autographs. 

2 hours ago, Soarvalleyfox said:

I went today, took my 4 year old, and I really enjoyed it! Would definitely recommend it. Like the shirts, the language was a bit blue at times! Some of these girls have right potty mouths 😂

Not sure where in the ground you were but Rutherford shouting “ah ****, you ****er” was great for some of the reactions alone lol

Edited by LCFC1996