Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

LCFC Women

Gonna be interesting to see how it goes this year, gone all in on highly rated youth players (some of which have already played first team football for the biggest clubs in the country) and reading that England call up article it's nice to see a player from the club's own Regional Talent Centre is making strides

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

So have the football club taken on the women's side recently then? I thought it was 2 separate entities?

TThe PL is currently a separate body but......

4 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

So have the football club taken on the women's side recently then? I thought it was 2 separate entities?

According to Wikipedia: "The club is distinct from Leicester City Ladies Football Club."

Hence the confusion.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leicester_City_W.F.C.

If my understanding is correct I get the impression that the Club (men) are looking to pull them in a lot closer and have invested more money into the women. This is shown with signing photos being done at the KP and the photos of the girls modelling the kits in promotional images and around the shop.

There also seems to be a big rebranding going on, a new ethos and drive to promote the club (women) as one from first team through to the youth section. If so it could be exciting times for the girls. Maybe chieffox or anyone else involved can shed more light on the future.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LCFC1996 said:

Gonna be interesting to see how it goes this year, gone all in on highly rated youth players (some of which have already played first team football for the biggest clubs in the country) and reading that England call up article it's nice to see a player from the club's own Regional Talent Centre is making strides

They wasted all the money last season on players that haven’t cut it. If you sign someone under 18 you don’t have to pay for them. So it appears the men’s side haven’t put more money in this season however that is just a calculated observation. 

There are quite a few unhappy girls in the side now, one moving to Villa is just the start. 

Anyone else dislike the 'womens' tag added onto the team names? Or the feminine style names tagged on; lionesses, belles etc

It comes across as ever so slightly patronising. 

I'd prefer the teams were given their own monikers, Leicester, Leicester Kickers, Leicester Dynamo....whatever. Leicester City Ladies or Chelsea Women just sounds vvank

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Anyone else dislike the 'womens' tag added onto the team names? Or the feminine style names tagged on; lionesses, belles etc

I'd prefer the teams were given their own monikers, Leicester, Leicester Kickers, Leicester Dynamo....whatever. Leicester City Ladies or Chelsea Women just sounds vvank

Just be glad they didn't go with Vixen.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Is there any chance of them playing each other?

We used to play against them, up until 3 years ago we were in the same league but the fortunes of both clubs have changed somewhat. 

Leicester City Women Development have this season become Leicester United and are now a completely separate outfit. 

14 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Stoke have removed the word 'ladies' altogether and are just Stoke city (no jokes needed)...I think that's a step in the right direction.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-ladies-name-change-3056050

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LCFC1996 said:

Here's an interesting one, on Tuesday Leicester City Women will be playing Melton Town FC...Men's Team in a preseason friendly

https://www.meltontimes.co.uk/sport/football/melton-town-to-host-leicester-city-women-in-groundbreaking-match-1-8993241

I'd go see that. If the men play all out, I think it'll be a tough one for the LCW.

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

I'd go see that. If the men play all out, I think it'll be a tough one for the LCW.

Dunno what level.melton town play at...but if it's senior league or above, it could be humiliating for the girls.

I'd imagine England's women's team would have their hands full at anything above senior league, let alone a second tier club side

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Dunno what level.melton town play at...but if it's senior league or above, it could be humiliating for the girls.

I'd imagine England's women's team would have their hands full at anything above senior league, let alone a second tier club side

United Counties League Division One - 10th tier of English Football. Jon Stevenson is joint manager there.

15 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I think it's being played as an exhibition match rather than full tempo. The Melton Manager has a girl playing in the RTC at LCFC I believe. 

As mentioned here also, there's 6 girls away with England, 1 away with Scotland and others absent too so won't be a full strength LCWFC team. 

Still, an interesting match that I'm looking forward to!

• Thanks 2