Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

LCFC Women

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

https://lcwfc.com/event/sheffield-united-women-v-leicester-city-3/

Sheffield United Women v Leicester City

SUFC_CORE_CMYK.png?fit=128%2C128&ssl=1 7 v 1 Leicester.png?fit=128%2C128&ssl=1

.....Looks like it will be a long season!!
 Twelve goals conceded in two matches...fells like we are out of our depth.

Was their womens club really founded in 1889? I call BS.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

https://lcwfc.com/event/sheffield-united-women-v-leicester-city-3/

Sheffield United Women v Leicester City

SUFC_CORE_CMYK.png?fit=128%2C128&ssl=1 7 v 1 Leicester.png?fit=128%2C128&ssl=1

.....Looks like it will be a long season!!
 Twelve goals conceded in two matches...fells like we are out of our depth.

11 conceded :thumbup:

2 hours ago, HappyHamza said:

They always were but I thought they'd merged into the lcfc family in the last couple of years 

There are TWO different, completely separate teams. Leicester City Womens, associated with the club, and Leicester City Ladies, not associated with the club.

It seems the LCFC Womens team recruited heavily this summer, but every signing was a teenager. We are basically running an U19 team this year against much more experienced squads. I expect this is what we call a "building year." 

• 2 weeks later...

...this is going to be a tough season!!!

with the amount of finance coming in from the big clubs to support the women's side of their clubs it looks like we could be at the beginning of a revolution. We applied to get into this division and we now know, we have not the calibre, or squad, to not only to compete but to stay in this division.The decision to either move on or allow a natural progression (leaving the existing coaches and grass roots to grow over time) or by bringing in coaches (ex pros) to get involved and take up coaching and administrative positions in order to move us along at a faster pace.

Obviously the ex professionals need to be in the process of getting or holding a license and also looking to get experience in the administrative side as the need for this is even greater in the lower leagues.

• 1 month later...
On 11/07/2019 at 22:56, Paninistickers said:

Anyone else dislike the 'womens' tag added onto the team names? Or the feminine style names tagged on; lionesses, belles etc

It comes across as ever so slightly patronising. 

I'd prefer the teams were given their own monikers, Leicester, Leicester Kickers, Leicester Dynamo....whatever. Leicester City Ladies or Chelsea Women just sounds vvank

Agreed. We hear all summer that female sport, especially football, wants equality and then this. We don't even call LCFC Leicester city mens.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Agreed. We hear all summer that female sport, especially football, wants equality and then this. We don't even call LCFC Leicester city mens.

Hopefully the women's teams will follow in the likes of Stoke/Everton and drop the 'ladies' from their name.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6449436-everton-women-s-team-drop-ladies-from-name-ahead-of-women-s-super-league-kick-off

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-ladies-name-change-3056050

• 2 months later...

Some notes:

Earlier today they were drawn away to Burnley in the FA Cup Fourth Round (game to be played on Sunday January 26th)

Also made a couple of signings ahead of the league starting up again next week:

Ella Rutherford on loan from WSL side Bristol City, scorer of the first goal here (0:58)

And Ashleigh Plumptre from USC Trojans of the US College game, she's originally from the East Midlands and helped USC to the 2016 NCAA Division 1 National Championship

6 hours ago, LCFC1996 said:

Some notes:

Earlier today they were drawn away to Burnley in the FA Cup Fourth Round (game to be played on Sunday January 26th)

Also made a couple of signings ahead of the league starting up again next week:

Ella Rutherford on loan from WSL side Bristol City, scorer of the first goal here (0:58)

And Ashleigh Plumptre from USC Trojans of the US College game, she's originally from the East Midlands and helped USC to the 2016 NCAA Division 1 National Championship

At 37secs, the player trying to block the corner jumps and has landed before it’s even been taken lol

On 14/10/2019 at 12:05, purpleronnie said:

It's interesting that these clubs are dropping the term 'ladies' as it's seen to be a dated term.

At the last two golf clubs I've been at, most of the female members go ape shit when men refer to them as women golfers instead of lady golfers. It has to be the 'ladies' section and the 'ladies' tee off times for the 'ladies' monthly medal. If you call them women they ain't happy. And this isn't just old women either but some of the younger ones don't like it too.

Funny because men golfers are men golfers - not 'gentlemen' golfers. 

I dunno...

6 hours ago, Izzy said:

It's interesting that these clubs are dropping the term 'ladies' as it's seen to be a dated term.

At the last two golf clubs I've been at, most of the female members go ape shit when men refer to them as women golfers instead of lady golfers. It has to be the 'ladies' section and the 'ladies' tee off times for the 'ladies' monthly medal. If you call them women they ain't happy. And this isn't just old women either but some of the younger ones don't like it too.

Funny because men golfers are men golfers - not 'gentlemen' golfers. 

I dunno...

And that's without all this gender neutral stuff flying about these days!

On a more serious note though, Farley Way Stadium is only down the road from me so I have watched LCWFC play numerous times in past years and in all fairness they do play well. I think this year seems to have been more of a challenge for them so far but with what resources they must get compared to our men's team then fair play to them.

I totally get there is not the same demand for women's football as there is men's but if anyone has ever considered going down to watch them i'd encourage you to do so, I've never watched a dull game (personally), even if we do get battered. 
It's only about 7 quid for an adult ticket too. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2 games selected for live streaming on FA Player (The FA's free streaming service for women's football) before the end of the season

Away vs. Blackburn Rovers (Sir Tom Finney Stadium, Bamber Bridge) - Sunday 29 March 2:00pm Kick Off

Away vs. London Bees (The Hive Stadium, Cannons Park, London) - Sunday 26 April 2:00pm Kick Off (Last day of the season)

https://faplayer.thefa.com/fixtures/fa-womens-championship

• Thanks 1