Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

LCFC Women

On 09/02/2019 at 20:15, ChiefFox said:

Two important home games for Leicester City Women, you're support at both games would be much appreciated. Tomorrow we host Crystal Palace Ladies whilst on Wednesday night, Manchester United visit Farley Way Stadium.

Tickets for both games are available on the gate priced at £5 for adults and £2.50 for Concessions. Or you can watch the games live.?

Went down yesterday, it was a good match especially coming from two goals behind and looked like we were going on to win it, unfortunately palace snatched it. My lad and daughter went on the pitch at the end to get some autographs, they stood shyly at the side and one of the players told them to come on and helped them out. 

Beer sat in the stand, sunshine, hot dogs, good footy and I managed to somehow do a likely lads and avoid the City result and watched that when I got home. 

Hopefully down for the man u game this Wednesday. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

First signing for LCWFC

Curious that they’re using the KP as a backdrop when they’ve never played there!

Does this mean I win the mug for predicting the first Leicester City of the summer on 19th June?

On 19/06/2019 at 20:28, Farrington fox said:

Haven’t followed Women’s football at all. But just watching Eng v Japan. Have to say it’s come on in leaps and bounds, have we got anyone in the England squad?

No, but we have:

1 X England U17 - Lucy Johnson

1 X England U18 - Libby Smith

1 X Scotland U19 - Rachel Brown

Plus have signed 3 England U17/18 players this summer with at least one more on the way ?

1 hour ago, ChiefFox said:

No, but we have:

Plus have signed 3 England U17/18 players this summer with at least one more on the way ?

Also a few even younger navigating their way through the England development camps. The future is bright. 

• Like 1

On 22/06/2019 at 15:38, ChiefFox said:

No, but we have:

I teach a number of girls who play in the French First division so I was wondering how much do the ladies (or perhaps I should say girls looking at the signings) get paid to play for the team? What is the general salary in the first and second divisions? Is there a site about the finances of Women's football (team costs/grounds etc...) in the UK?

Thanks for any help.

On 25/06/2019 at 13:22, FIF said:

I teach a number of girls who play in the French First division so I was wondering how much do the ladies (or perhaps I should say girls looking at the signings) get paid to play for the team? What is the general salary in the first and second divisions? Is there a site about the finances of Women's football (team costs/grounds etc...) in the UK?

Thanks for any help.

The girls that got them promoted got around £200 a month last season (first season in the championship)

However the new signings got paid ‘significantly more’ and even had expensive house rent covered if they were moving from other areas of the country. 

This has upset a lot of the girls who helped get the side where it is now. 

47 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

The girls that got them promoted got around £200 a month last season (first season in the championship)

However the new signings got paid ‘significantly more’ and even had expensive house rent covered if they were moving from other areas of the country. 

This has upset a lot of the girls who helped get the side where it is now. 

Hi thanks for that. I've done a bit of reading up since I posted and see that women's teams seem to make a financial loss. I guess all of the girls work jobs alongside their football in England.

Makes the clamour from the WC stars about equality of pay a little insulting to the league players I guess.

Do you think the world cup and the added exposure of the moment will change things greatly for teams like yours.

Here in France there is a strange disparity between a couple of clubs and the others. Lyon are paying obscene amounts whilst teams at the other end are at best semi-pro.

Some of my girls (who are of France u 19 level) were asking about the English league for playing and improving their English but I reckon it's not ready for them yet. At their club they they come to the university for Sports science bachelor in the morning and train every afternoon.

19 minutes ago, FIF said:

Hi thanks for that. I've done a bit of reading up since I posted and see that women's teams seem to make a financial loss. I guess all of the girls work jobs alongside their football in England.

Makes the clamour from the WC stars about equality of pay a little insulting to the league players I guess.

Do you think the world cup and the added exposure of the moment will change things greatly for teams like yours.

Here in France there is a strange disparity between a couple of clubs and the others. Lyon are paying obscene amounts whilst teams at the other end are at best semi-pro.

Some of my girls (who are of France u 19 level) were asking about the English league for playing and improving their English but I reckon it's not ready for them yet. At their club they they come to the university for Sports science bachelor in the morning and train every afternoon.

I’ve got to be honest with you I don’t know a great deal about women’s football, I just keep an eye on this topic as a mates daughter plays for them. (Hence why I know a little about what they’re paid)

I think it’s the first year the men’s side have part funded them but I don’t think it’s a great deal and playing their games at Quorn costs them a big part of the budget. 

Inevitably the more the women’s game grows over here the more money they will make but women at clubs like Leicester most definitely do not make a living out of it.