Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Cricket 2018

Just now, surrifox said:

Bleedin' typical . Just got in and within 2 minutes of switching on the telly to watch Root and Foakes proceed sublimely to a match winning position Akila is on a hat trick:(

Knew it was a bad idea to come on here, my box was paused so it's 30 minutes behind.

42 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Sri Lanka could do this. England warm favourites though.

Spinners will have ro start a little better than the 1st innings though.

Agreed . We'll have to be less passive than SL in this 3rd innings though. Long periods of waiting for something to happen such as a poor choice of shot or a rubbish umpiring call mightnot cut it now their batters have found some form 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Pleased for Root. Hopefully he can regain this form in time for next summer's ashes.

The Ashes are next year!!!   All players,have to perform now!!!  And despite grinding on about the Ashes from some yoyos of Pundits,

I am happy to sit and enjoy THIS winter's tour,because at the present,they are the important games...!!!

Squeezing your arse,and being petrified of the up and coming Ashes in 7 months,is not the right approach!!!

The players,and selectors...even the media,must understand and have the duty.....we play for NOW!!!

If I don't trust the selectors(which I do,the best group for a long time)...I damn well won't trust the ex-players,or fans!!!

There is banter,then there is wasted space...

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

The Ashes are next year!!!   All players,have to perform now!!!  And despite grinding on about the Ashes from some yoyos of Pundits,

I am happy to sit and enjoy THIS winter's tour,because at the present,they are the important games...!!!

Squeezing your arse,and being petrified of the up and coming Ashes in 7 months,is not the right approach!!!

The players,and selectors...even the media,must understand and have the duty.....we play for NOW!!!

If I don't trust the selectors(which I do,the best group for a long time)...I damn well won't trust the ex-players,or fans!!!

There is banter,then there is wasted space...

Each to their own of course, but I'm not really arsed about this tour so long as we use it as good preparation to beat the Australians next summer.

Too many short term fixes have cost us over the years, i'd be pleased if next year we can look back and see a good progression in the side in the post-Chef era.

15 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Each to their own of course, but I'm not really arsed about this tour so long as we use it as good preparation to beat the Australians next summer.

Too many short term fixes have cost us over the years, i'd be pleased if next year we can look back and see a good progression in the side in the post-Chef era.

Alex Stewart,and a few others a few years ago,put it into the right perspective!!!

Why insult out of total ignorance,the other Test playing sides,who have proved over a century that they

Happen to play as good,or even better cricket than Australia...Yes it's probably for both team "THE" big game!!

But aren't  India and W.Indies,as big a Test n trials,that honour the players who performed in those games!!

L

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Alex Stewart,and a few others a few years ago,put it into the right perspective!!!

Why insult out of total ignorance,the other Test playing sides,who have proved over a century that they

Happen to play as good,or even better cricket than Australia...Yes it's probably for both team "THE" big game!!

But aren't  India and W.Indies,as big a Test n trials,that honour the players who performed in those games!!

L

Isn't that what a cricket fan is all about!!!   

once a plastic always a plastic..Sports needs the hard honest fans who appreciates all sides of the opposition!!

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How does Bairstow get back in this batting line-up? Does he bat at 3, Moeen moves back to 7 and we drop Rashid?

Depends on how,the selectors see it. But both Moen and Rashid, are in the rotation -Seats!!

Moen, needs wickets,his batting won't keep him in the side,unless he has a good third test!!!

Rashid, has that nack of taking the big wickets on any given day.And often gets useful 22-38 runs,where

Presently Moen can't even gather 20runs!!

Anyway,that Bairstows worry... I am enjoying this present Test,great  captains Ton by Root..

Would be great if Foakes and Anderson,can conjure up another 20-30+ runs.

How nice would it be to wake up,and see that they didn't fall in the 1st four overs.

8 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How does Bairstow get back in this batting line-up? Does he bat at 3, Moeen moves back to 7 and we drop Rashid?

Yeah - we'll certainly only need one spinner at the most at home so one of Ali or Leach.

Rashid doesn't have the control to be the only one in the team. He goes at a ludicrous economy rate for a test player.