Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Cricket 2018

3 hours ago, surrifox said:

Cricket Australia have upheld the bans on Warner Smith and Bancroft after attempts to reinstate them - they deserve credit for their efforts to rehabilitate the reputation of their country’s cricket 

I don't know if anyone else listens to The Grade Cricketer podcast, but they had the new CA CEO Kevin Roberts on there last week and he was very impressive. Can't imagine anyone at the ECB being so open over here.

On 20/11/2018 at 10:32, surrifox said:

Cricket Australia have upheld the bans on Warner Smith and Bancroft after attempts to reinstate them - they deserve credit for their efforts to rehabilitate the reputation of their country’s cricket 

You have to applaud Cricket Australia for sticking to their guns to the detriment of their national team.

Most cricket fans knew this moment had to come in Australian cricket as they'd been pushing the boundaries for years with their behaviour. None of the countries are blameless in that regard but the Aussies always seemed to push it further. I can't help feeling that Smith, Bancroft and Warner are extremely unlucky to have been the straw that broke the camel's back. What they did was pretty dishonourable (and pretty damn stupid) but they're not the first to do it. I'm not condoning it in any way but their bans still strike me as harsh in the extreme. I'll confess, I laughed at the time, most non Aussies were waiting for their comeuppance but they really have been hung out to dry as they've paid for 3 decades of sins from Australian cricketers in one go. 

Is Bairstow confirmed as batting at 3? Or are we going with Stokes again?

I certainly hope it's the former rather than the latter. Bairstow is the more suited of the two for that position. Buttler being mentioned is another bad idea, he has the capability of being England's Adam Gilchrist (to a certain degree) and I hope they don't continue with the experiment of shoving him up the order.

Edited by Max Wall
typo

23 hours ago, surrifox said:

Warner seems to be a massive nob and deserves whatever is coming to him 

I like to watch the cricketer Warner, but his whole personna,demenure and antics,around the rest of the game is simply poor and pathetic.

Smith,I rated from the beginning,where English pundits were wrongly slating him,but again,he like a big girls blouse,

and a typical spoilt brat,who always wants to take the ball home,when it's not going his way!!!

I had/now don't have any sympathy,forget last players,these two have ran up enough cheating and pratish points that abused their positions.

The sledging,doesn't bother me when it's the Ashes,and even Indians and S.lankans can be annoying with their Continual  shrying banshi..

appeals and underneath remarks...

But as a group,the cheating has and did get out of hand,and as they say...beyond the pale.  An example had to be made,and the authorities grabbed the right culprits,and no first timers,Bancroft even used a tool for it!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Well we've found our number 3 batsman.

It always should have been him really shouldn't it Matt? Not sure why they took so long. Difficult to keep and bat 3 was the reason I guess. He was always the best suited to it from what we have.

Just now, Max Wall said:

It always should have been him really shouldn't it Matt? Not sure why they took so long. Difficult to keep and bat 3 was the reason I guess. He was always the best suited to it from what we have.

Completely agree, seemed the obvious choice for everyone.

Cricket often has this way of stopping teams getting uppity. When you've won most of the games on a tour, there must be nothing more chastening than spending a whole day sweating in the sun with the other team making you look like amateurs at times.

Edit - Well, half a day really. What have Sri Lanka been doing since tea, some really poor decisions.

Edited by Max Wall