Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Cricket 2018

Excellent from England...every single player turned up...Historical win,with style..

Depending on next tests suface..

Burns

Jennings

Barstow

Root

Stoke

Butler

Foakes

Ali

Leach

Rashid/Curran

Broad/.Stone

Anderson,takes a nice Break.These wickets and weather atmosphere will take it out of the pacemen.

Stone,if you want to find someone for the future.Then play Broad and  Anderson in last game.

What a great squad we now have.....Woakes in there,and in some conditions 1st choice!!

Denley,will be disappointed,but could still get a game...

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Two streakers as well, like the old days.

He nearly made it lol

They probably needed a few more security to come over once he had been caught.

There must have been 15 and still they were running over ?

You now think of the punishment.Are they lenient or are they a bit stick happy?

2 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

We think about our chairman and family,wanting expecting respect...

another Brit in  tourist,goes to another country...pushing their idea of fun onto the host country...!!!  Pathetic.

3 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

They let the guy off yesterday but I'd imagine this one gets deported as they can't risk this happening over and over again.

We invaded the pitch in Colombo back in 2012 after winning and I got a slap on the legs, it's drinking arrack in the sunshine - sends you a bit mad.

Edited by MattP

I thought when I got up and saw the score,that we had blew it again!!!

Then I saw the highlights,and wickets....That turned(no pun intended) to be a good score..

Burns,Butler,Curran,Rashid,and even jimmy,did well. Too early to assess Stokes at 3 ,would be silly to make any judgement

Just now!!!

But any failing at openers or no3, has been made up of Butler,proving he's a Test Player!!  Curran turning out to be a diamond,best find

in 10 years!!  Then getting Leach in the side as the frontline spinner,now  if we can see Burns consolidate that opening Berth and prepared for the Aussies.

Then the future looks ok..

I am not going to get in a fret over Bairstow..or Stokes at 3 or further down...The Batting,even with the odd collapse now and then also in the future

in odd games,I can take. With Moen and Rashid,we have a full spinning group,either has first choice of cover when,on seamers/pace wickets

Anderson,Broad,Curran,Woakes,Will see us through most Test series,but we still need 2 more quality pacemen,who take guaranteed wickets,and not

Just look good!!!

In 2-4 yrs Anderson and Broad,maybe Woakes,will be reaching that International retiring age.Personally I believe next year's Ashes will be Jimmys last,or

Last but one,if there is a winter Ashes..!?

The length of our batting line up is ridiculous, it could genuinely be people like Woakes at 9 after Jimmy retires.

Leach is looking promising as well, has terrific accuracy, he will be able to tie down an end no problem. 

15 minutes ago, MattP said:

The length of our batting line up is ridiculous, it could genuinely be people like Woakes at 9 after Jimmy retires.

Leach is looking promising as well, has terrific accuracy, he will be able to tie down an end no problem. 

Yes Its only 2 tests,but Leach seems to be that missing link,we have been looking for,to take us into steady spin mainstay

his batting,will match Jimmies:D.

I still like Moen and Rashid,but when we only need one spinner,I see Leach as 1st choice. The Aussie "Lyon" equivilant.

After our Gem of a find in Curran...(hoping this early form holds). We still need to find 2 other quickies..

Woakes,has still a few years ahead of him,he's matured into a top Test bowler,more than decent 7-10 batsman,but I hope he can keep

His injuries down.It would be a shame if his injury record ruins his Test career,just when it's now showing high potential.I

Doing a one-hour assesment...

Burns ....I believe will make the cut..

Jennings...Needs a high average winter,including W.indies,sort out his technical with quickies.If he can get regular 40s-60s,then ok!!

Jennings could drop down to 3..If a thought is needed.He is a good cricketer..I

Another opener?? At present I see no one screaming out,who can grab that spot..

No3 keep Stokes,or Bairstow vying for that position,through the winter.If Stokes ups his score,Then he stays!! 

Bairstow: is automatic choice when we don't need 3 spinners,and we could interchange the no3 even when Both he and Stokes play.I

Though Moen had time at no3,I still believe he should of had the whole winter tour.We got too nervous looking for instant success!!

Maybe,with our top-middle order,we are panicking unnecessarily for a no3!!! Because Root does have regular dips in technic...

Oh how great it would be,if our openers could reach 55-85+.  3 out of 4 times,through regular periods.Then Stokes/Butler/Curran runs

would win us more games,than just saving an innings. Root would then blossom and would be able to relax more...

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Has there ever been a team that bats so deep without really having anyone that can genuinely and consistently fend off the new ball?

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Has there ever been a team that bats so deep without really having anyone that can genuinely and consistently fend off the new ball?

Nope lol

I don't think Stokes is going to be the answer at 3 either, he technique has got better but he's a heart on the sleeve sort, not sure he has the patience for it long term.

Why Root isn't been told to move up I don't know, he's barely scoring runs now at 4 anyway.

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

Never seen that done before by an England team - sending out a night watchman to open the innings . Sends a pretty poor message that and what was Jennings thinking ?

Would have been the choice of Jennings I suppose, did seem strange though, it's not going to be any easier to bat tomorrow morning that it is tonight.

Our bowlers have let us down today, allowing them to get to 330 on a pitch that was spinning that much isn't very good at all.

7 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Never seen that done before by an England team - sending out a night watchman to open the innings . Sends a pretty poor message that and what was Jennings thinking ?

I can understand a night watchman if you're in trouble, say 40/3 with 5 overs left.

To send out a night watchman to start an innings just doesn't seem right. I guess Jennings just want to give himself the best chance of continuing his recent upsurge in form. I can't say I blame him I suppose.

I am with good old geoffrey on this though. If you don't want to face the oppo for a couple of overs late in the day, why would you expect a bowler to do it.

9 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Considering the job of an opening batsman is to see off the new ball, it does seem bizarre. The only positive is that Leach can bat. It's not like we have sent Anderson out.