Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Cricket 2018

Guest MattP
20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

hope Kohli doesn't lose out on his century through lack of batting partners :( 

One if his best centuries that. Dropped, Anderson worked him over, dragged through for a whole session struggling and then had to farm strike towards the end. He's the best in the World, no doubt. 

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

One if his best centuries that. Dropped, Anderson worked him over, dragged through for a whole session struggling and then had to farm strike towards the end. He's the best in the World, no doubt. 

agree with that. partly through his own perseverance and determination as well as losing partners regularly and pretty much having to fight the battle against England himself. 

The battle with Anderson was brilliant. Got fortunate with dropped catches and if the one at 100-5 was taken, England would be well in to bat by now. 

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Virat's wife is very nice!

Should be a cracking test match this now, set then 270 and it should be enough. 

Yep! Anushka Sharma.

A lead of 13 when at one point it could have been a lead of about 130-150.

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Yep! Anushka Sharma.

A lead of 13 when at one point it could have been a lead of about 130-150.

Very nice.

Pressure back on now, still think thus series could be Root v Kohli.

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Curran was brilliant earlier. Didn't know he was only 20. Seems good enough to fill Anderson or Broad's shoes.

The swearing was OTT but the mimicking of the mic drop was fine. 

Your hate for the Indian team is funny lol

Even the person the celebration was directed towards (Root) found the funny side about it and even said its good for the series...

What’s so hilarious about it? 

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

Probably something to do with their family and South African background

His Dad was a Zimbabwe international (Kevin Curren)  - and he has 2 other brothers at Surrey.

One has played with Sam at ODI level I believe?

Real day of 2 halves - I just hope we can bat well and not get ourselves out so cheaply.

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

just find it amusing. what's it based on or from?

Not sure what’s so amusing about it but hey ho. 

From what I’ve seen, sore losers. Not just the team it’s the fans as well, just think there’s a lack of class a hell of the lot of the time. It’s no different to you despising Real Madrid or Forest etc. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The sort of people complaining about Kohli are probably the sort of people that thought Root's bat drop was great. 

There's a really annoying section of English sports fans that love all banter unless it's aimed at them and then get ridiculously uppity and salty (see "do they mean us" thread.) 

Come on, it was funny. If you're going to dish it out you've got to be able to take it back. It adds a bit of flavour and personality. 

Besides, it'll only bite him in the ass the next time he has a mare. Look at Warner, place goes ballistic every time he's out for one or two. Sport loves a laugh with a pantomime villain. 

Totally disagree. All fans love banter unless it's aimed at them. That's human nature.

For the record, Root said, 30 minutes after the incident where he dropped his bat, that he regretted it. Kohli isn't the type of bloke that would ever admit that. His reaction, replete with send off, was different from Roots. It was aimed at specific people and then the crowd. I've never seen Root do that.

If you think there's an annoying section of English fans only, then you're kidding yourself. They exist with every country. Of course, they're not so obvious in smaller countries, like Wales for example, but they exist

Don't misunderstand my post though. Kohli is a wonderful batsman, fielder and leader. I just think he lets himself down at times and is so good, he should be above the reaction he gave.

8 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I wouldn't say it's limited to English sports fans.

Most people can dish it out but can't take it.

I think the thing with the 'mic drop' celebrations is that Root's was aimed at the media. Not sure why Kholi took it as an act of offence towards him or the Indian cricket team. Seemed a bit weird. Ah well, all adds to the spice of Test match cricket.

I didn't see this before I replied to Finnegan's post but it's pretty much what I've said. That post was one eyed in the extreme.

8 hours ago, MattP said:

I quite liked Kohli's celebration, always good to get a bit of needle in a series as well providing it doesn't get like Australia and South Africa. 

Root's mic drop was embarrassing and he even said so himself.

That's what makes me prefer him to Kohli. Regardless of who I support.

7 hours ago, Bert said:

Not sure what’s so amusing about it but hey ho. 

From what I’ve seen, sore losers. Not just the team it’s the fans as well, just think there’s a lack of class a hell of the lot of the time. It’s no different to you despising Real Madrid or Forest etc. 

Fair enough. 

Surprised about the fans bit though but maybe we've met different groups fans lol

When India lost against Pakistan last year in the ICC Trophy final, there was no sight of sore losers. If anything it was all congratulations on their win and handshakes after the game. Same for when we beat Pakistan in the group stage of the same competition. :dunno:

But its like with any club team/country - there's always gonna be some sections of fans that are absurdly sore losers or overreact to a defeat. We have it with Leicester fans. Every team has it with their own supporters.

33 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Fair enough. 

Surprised about the fans bit though but maybe we've met different groups fans lol

When India lost against Pakistan last year in the ICC Trophy final, there was no sight of sore losers. If anything it was all congratulations on their win and handshakes after the game. Same for when we beat Pakistan in the group stage of the same competition. :dunno:

But its like with any club team/country - there's always gonna be some sections of fans that are absurdly sore losers or overreact to a defeat. We have it with Leicester fans. Every team has it with their own supporters.

Like I’ve said it’s just from what I’ve seen. Not tarring everyone with the same brush of course. 

Off to Trent Bridge a week Sunday so if you see any crowd trouble is probably me and a mob of Indian fans lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Like I’ve said it’s just from what I’ve seen. Not tarring everyone with the same brush of course. 

Off to Trent Bridge a week Sunday so if you see any crowd trouble is probably me and a mob of Indian fans lol 

I'm off to the first day of the Oval test so if you see any trouble I'll be the one trying to break it all up :whistle:lol

11 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Sounds like Ashwin is making us look like mugs. Live text also saying Root had a chat with the ump after he was out, any idea what that's about?

The umpire asked him if he hit it as he was walking off. Root said yes and continued walking. Replays showed it was clearly out as it hit the bat. 

Good call from the umpire on the latest call giving not out on that catch off an edge from Bairstow.