Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Cricket 2018

14 hours ago, MattP said:

Whatever happens what a test match, nothing comes close to stuff like this. 

14 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Long live Test Cricket :thumbup:

14 hours ago, Corky said:

Tremendous match. Test cricket really is superb when it's like this.

agreed.

it's matches like these which need to be shown to the idiots that have the idea of 100 ball cricket or 15-a-side games.

Test matches really are the purest form of cricket.

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

Probably the match that tbf no? 

What's India's tail like? 

not good! Need Pandya to stick through it now. Reckon he might be tempted to go into 'one-day' mode and go for some extravagant shots.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

not good! Need Pandya to stick through it now. Reckon he might be tempted to go into 'one-day' mode and go for some extravagant shots.

Doesn't he sort of need to now? I know the other option is to be hyper defensive and slowly grind our the runs as he's got time but I'd imagine you can't trust the others to stay in? 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Probably the match that tbf no? 

What's India's tail like? 

Test match tails don't seem as robust as they were 5 years ago for some reason. I think the problem for India may be the way Stokes has the ball moving around, looks incredibly hard to play at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Doesn't he sort of need to now? I know the other option is to be hyper defensive and slowly grind our the runs as he's got time but I'd imagine you can't trust the others to stay in? 

yeah it's a bit of a catch 22. There's still 50 runs to get which is quite a lot for Pandya given his inexperience in tests. Just gotta hope the tail holds out...

2 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Test match tails don't seem as robust as they were 5 years ago for some reason. I think the problem for India may be the way Stokes has the ball moving around, looks incredibly hard to play at the moment.

And Curran!

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, StanSP said:

is he definitely missing Lords test then? I thought all that stuff was sorted and finished?

Definitely out he's in court during the match.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

is it me or was there a little spike when it went past the bat on that Sharma appeal...?

The spike came before the ball passed the bat. Definitely no inside edge.

Edited by marko