Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Cricket 2018

Genuinely look a second tier side now. Probably going to be a few years of this as well with Anderson, Broad and Cook diminished and on the way out, and a succession of cricketing dogshit on the fringes.

Going to have to wait for a few youngsters to come through and bear it until then. 

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Buttler and Bess - sounds like a make of cheese - with a decent fightback, unbroken stand of 125 to avoid an innings defeat.

Was good to watch a session of cricket full of grit and determination. 

Although having watched the doc at the lunch break on the North v South series, I don’t have much hope for us in the next fifteen years 

Jennings back in for Stoneman for the next test, what an absolute merry-go-round. Jennings looked completely and utterly out of his depth at Test level last summer, would love him to prove me wrong but don't think he's up to it. 

Guest MattP

Caught up with the highlights of this. 

Root is arguably the worst captain I've seen, somehow manages to get everything wrong. The team is talented but so mentally weak it's a joke. We have lost the art of batting for time, sometimes 250 in a day and a half is better than 350 in a day, certainly if they are batting last on a pitch breaking up. 

Don't see any change, cultural shift away from patience is too much.

12 hours ago, MattP said:

Caught up with the highlights of this. 

Root is arguably the worst captain I've seen, somehow manages to get everything wrong. The team is talented but so mentally weak it's a joke. We have lost the art of batting for time, sometimes 250 in a day and a half is better than 350 in a day, certainly if they are batting last on a pitch breaking up. 

Don't see any change, cultural shift away from patience is too much.

He was captaining from short leg at one point. lol 

In fairness to Buttler his recall has, thus far, been very successful. Was sceptical but his aggressive attitude when batting with the tail probably gained us 40 runs and allowed us to wrap up the victory by an innings. Seems to have matured since his last stint in the team.

23 hours ago, Corky said:

What a shame an intriguing and open series has finished without a decider. So on to five pointless one-day matches against Australia.

Yep. The match schedule what was cooked around Stanford era where the ECB got as many matches as possible playing Australia and India is awful.

Since it was agreed, it's fair to say the Test nations are 'nearer' in quality then during the first decade of 2000's. Hence we have these awkward test series of 2 tests or 4 tests. I'd rather see 3 tests of 4 days now its permitted.