Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Croatia v Denmark round of 16 match thread

10 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

IF we reach the semis and face a Croatia team on that form we’ll smash them. Can’t imagine they will be that bad again though. 

My worry is that surely there's no way they can be that bad again. They were abject in the second half.

Croatia weren't great tonight but credit for that has to go to Denmark.

I think we'd need to do a similar job if we got there but are we capable of that?

This won't please all on here but I'd see them as clear favourites to win that as of now. However, if we get to the semi, confidence will be riding high and hopefully that would help us.

39 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Croatia weren't great tonight but credit for that has to go to Denmark.

I think we'd need to do a similar job if we got there but are we capable of that?

This won't please all on here but I'd see them as clear favourites to win that as of now. However, if we get to the semi, confidence will be riding high and hopefully that would help us.

Anyone thinking we'd be favourites Vs Croatia is deluded. I predict that they'll knock us out in the semis and after the dust has settled, we'll surely look back on this as a success as nobody even though we'd make the QFs

Sucks having to work at a congress while this was on. Danes did as well as I could have hoped. So close to the upset and I think a game against the Russians wouldve favoured them. Good luck Croatia! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shen said:

Sucks having to work at a congress while this was on. Danes did as well as I could have hoped. So close to the upset and I think a game against the Russians wouldve favoured them. Good luck Croatia! 

Came pretty close. Hard luck Shen and good on you for being able to wish Croatia well so soon after the match :thumbup:

@Jonezy it might not have been exciting for a neutral but fwiw I thought you did fantastically well tbf.

There's only so much you can do with no natural goalscorers, the work rate and application of your guys did you proud, fair play. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jonezy said:

Still hurting....

Impressed with how we managed to more or less nullify a strong Croatian side most of the game. Dissappointed that none of our offensive players stepped up and created that little bit of magic, that we needed. Losing the shootout, when your keeper saves two, is really not good enough.

This is not a national team full of Laudrups and Elkjærs, but they sure showed that they are very hard to beat. Sorry to bore the neutrals, but give us a break; we had players from Huddersfield, Brentford and Ipswich starting yesterday.

Full support goes to England now! Vardy to get the winner in the final to complete his fairytale.

Hard luck last night. It looked as if ye might sneak it.

Ye did fairly well considering as you say players from Championship sides are on the team. Must be a record for the 2nd tier of England to feature so many players at a World Cup.

As an Ireland supporter I have to say I was glad ye were so close to a quarter final. Henry in 2009 was bad enough but it was made worse by watching the France team spectacularly implode in South Africa 2010. At least ye made the most of it.

Hope we don't pay a heavy price for Kasper's heroics..

• Thanks 1