Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Morgan

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

Just had a look at the top four clubs in the PL 5th choice CB's.

Liverpool and Tottenham don't have one in their first team squad. Man City have Sandler who hasn't played any minutes this season and Chelsea have Ampadu who has played 117 mins in the Europa Cup this season.

i don't mind if we kept Morgan as he has played well this season but we have paid over £30m for two young centre halves in Soyuncu and Benkovic, paid a fair whack including contract for Evana and we have Maguire. All five should not be here next season. 

Do these teams have two players totally untried at premier league level in their 4? 

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Do these teams have two players totally untried at premier league level in their 4? 

Beginning this season, Spurs had Foyth. After this season is over, we'll have Benkovic. Plus Amartey as a 5th CB/2nd RB. I would absolutely keep Morgan as long as he didn't expect a single PL game out of it. 

• Like 1

I really don't get this antagonism towards Morgan. He won't be the long term answer but he's the club captain and in recent weeks has performed pretty well. There are certain teams who provide a more physical and direct approach and I would say he's currently the best option we have for dealing with this type of opponent.

Technically he may not be the best with the ball at his feet but he rarely seems to give less than100% in effort. Maguire has been just as culpable for goals conceded as Wes and on Saturday nearly gave away a goal.

• Like 1

When a young player is good enough to replace an old soldier, then it will be evident. And as such, the younger player is picked on the basis of being part of the best XI. Not on their age.

A awful lot of football generally is about grabbing a chance (which in a way, is showing you can play under pressure. A necessary commodity)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reynard said:

I really don't get this antagonism towards Morgan. He won't be the long term answer but he's the club captain and in recent weeks has performed pretty well. There are certain teams who provide a more physical and direct approach and I would say he's currently the best option we have for dealing with this type of opponent.

Technically he may not be the best with the ball at his feet but he rarely seems to give less than100% in effort. Maguire has been just as culpable for goals conceded as Wes and on Saturday nearly gave away a goal.

'Technically he may not be the best with the ball at his feet'  -     I would have thought the opposite to this statement is a prerequisite to playing professional football.   

Morgan will get a year extension. He's earned it. His leadership has been vital to us these last few months for off-pitch reasons and on the pitch he's actually picked his levels from last year and the first few games of this. He's the only one of the five out of contract that I think the club will offer fresh terms too.

Not sure Maguire will leave this summer either. His value has dropped from the World Cup (not necessarily because his performances have dropped) and I don't think many clubs will pay what we ask for. Unless the player really wants to leave I can't see us entertaining many offers either. That being said, we can't be too sure what's been agreed behind the scenes between Maguire and the club around the new contract he signed.