Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Morgan

4 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

I'd sooner we'd have kept Huth on in a coaching role. 

Absolutely this. Morgan was a mess in this league until Huth turned up. Puel wants his defenders to play out. How is Morgan going to help coach that? 

Huth may not be a passer either but his ability to read the game is almost faultless 

Edited by F1_AN
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, tetly said:

Who knows mate do you? Anyway it’s called a opinion  I have mine you have yours. No need to be sarcastic about training I am taking about their obvious leadership qualities.

The obvious ones which are barely visible most weeks?

What ever is done here, I sincerely hope it does not hold back Soyuncu, Benkovic and DJ.   Huth was released this summer, Simpson and King have had playing time effectively terminated, so you would envisage similar principles should be applied come next June.

If LCFC are to move on, we really do need to start to rebuild the defence with younger and more mobile options.  As we face a battle to keep Harry, we simply must try to intergrate and give some playing time to the youngsters as soon as possible.  Wes’s past achievements will of course not be forgotten, but his lack of pace will be crudely exposed against the top 8 teams. He must not be retained on sentimental grounds at the expense of change.  I do not believe this will be allowed to happen.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, themightyfin said:

This argument makes me laugh. They are professional footballers and should be able to play anywhere. A defender us a defender and should be able to defend. A CB  is a CB and should be able to play there regardless of which side he's on. Saying a CB can't play right side CB or vice versa is rubbish. 

You know what makes me laugh, people chucking out the line "they are professional footballers", like it means a player should be able to play any position exactly the same as any other. Do you expect a right back to play left back just as well as he would his normal position? If a player has trained and played on one side pretty much their entire career, then their decision making and positioning is going to be affected when put into a different position on the pitch. That's before you even touch on having to play the ball with a different foot, in positions where you'd normally be playing it with your other one.

Yes, playing Sunday league it's not going to make a massive difference. But at the very highest level, small things can have a much larger impact and can be far more noticeable.

• Like 4

I won't complain if he signs for another year, but it just doesn't make sense. We could sign Ramos and Wes would still keep him out the team when he returns from his 5th red card of the season.

Absolutely love Morgan and I'd be happy for him to retire here, as long as he doesn't prevent the likes of Soyuncu and Benkovic progressing, which I think he would.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Absolutely love Morgan and I'd be happy for him to retire here, as long as he doesn't prevent the likes of Soyuncu and Benkovic progressing, which I think he would.

Pretty sure Morgan doesn't pick the team. Once Puel has the same level of trust in them he will pick them. Defense has been solid with Morgan+Evans combination. Soyuncu+Maguire fill me with dread currently.

Edited by mancunianfox
autocorrected fill to feel as I do not have nightmares about being molested by footballers with large heads :D
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mancunianfox said:

Pretty sure Morgan doesn't pick the team. Once Puel has the same level of trust in them he will pick them. Defense has been solid with Morgan+Evans combination. Soyuncu+Maguire fill me with dread currently.

Evans and Maguire were doing fine together before Cardiff when Morgan came straight back into the team. I'm not complaining, because we've kept 2 clean sheets in a row, but it's pretty clear he prefers Morgan over everybody else bar Maguire.

Not that i want him to BUT in my head i just dont see morgan being released. Surely If hes playing every game hes fit surely he will get an extension? 

He gets in ahead of 2 international players that are on long contracts so why would they let him go free.

Edited by les-tah

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

You know what makes me laugh, people chucking out the line "they are professional footballers", like it means a player should be able to play any position exactly the same as any other. Do you expect a right back to play left back just as well as he would his normal position? If a player has trained and played on one side pretty much their entire career, then their decision making and positioning is going to be affected when put into a different position on the pitch. That's before you even touch on having to play the ball with a different foot, in positions where you'd normally be playing it with your other one.

Yes, playing Sunday league it's not going to make a massive difference. But at the very highest level, small things can have a much larger impact and can be far more noticeable.

Have to agree to disagree in this one. That's what makes the game beautiful it's all about opinions.

Edited by themightyfin
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Not that i want him to BUT in my head i just dont see morgan being released. Surely If hes playing every game hes fit surely he will get an extension? 

He gets in ahead of 2 international players that are on long contracts so why would they let him go free.

Hope we do keep him, we need 5 centre backs IMO. He's nowhere near as bad as people make out. Makes sense to have him on the books still and start to bring through the others.

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Evans and Maguire were doing fine together before Cardiff when Morgan came straight back into the team. I'm not complaining, because we've kept 2 clean sheets in a row, but it's pretty clear he prefers Morgan over everybody else bar Maguire.

Two clean sheets against Cardiff and Burnley. Swap that for Man City and Chelsea and may be things different?  Just saying.

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Two clean sheets against Cardiff and Burnley. Swap that for Man City and Chelsea and may be things different?  Just saying.

The same could be said for every single player, like getting hammered second half against Arsenal even without him.

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Morgan was playing in a back 4 of Koncheskey, De Laet and Moore. It's hardly a shock he looked all over the place playing with that back line.

Very fair observation. However he was he weakest link in the title winning back four and has got progressively worse. Time to take him out 

• Like 1

I’ve got no problem with another year contract but like many have said as long as he doesn’t hold back others. He’s still very capable of playing against the likes of Burnley, Cardiff, Brighton and the other bully boys but he really struggles against pace which was his let down against Everton and Bournemouth. Puel clearly sees him as a good leader in training, in the changing room and on the pitch and let’s face it he knows much more about it than any of us. I’d keep him and have an old head around to help out with some of the youngsters like Chilwell and Benkovic. 

Really all this talk about history is all fine and dandy but we need to re-invent our defence over the next 6 months and Morgan is not the future at 35 YOA in the toughest League in the World.

20 hours ago, themightyfin said:

This argument makes me laugh. They are professional footballers and should be able to play anywhere. A defender us a defender and should be able to defend. A CB  is a CB and should be able to play there regardless of which side he's on. Saying a CB can't play right side CB or vice versa is rubbish. 

...then let us switch Chillwel to right side and Armatey (when fit) to the left. 

It is quite obvious what the comment was in respect of positions. 

They could play in various positions but not to the standard in their proper position. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...then let us switch Chillwel to right side and Armatey (when fit) to the left. 

It is quite obvious what the comment was in respect of positions. 

They could play in various positions but not to the standard in their proper position. 

Now that's just a stupid comment. I'm taking about a CB being a CB. 

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Now that's just a stupid comment. I'm taking about a CB being a CB. 

and you are clueless John Terry, one of the best CBs in the history of the premier league always played on the left of the back 2 and was rock solid for club and country, in 2010 Ferdinand got injured and Terry was switched to the right to partner the left footed Matthew Upson, he was a shadow of his usual self and talked about how uncomfortable it was, instead of doing things naturally he was having to think about everything

4 hours ago, F1_AN said:

Very fair observation. However he was he weakest link in the title winning back four and has got progressively worse. Time to take him out 

Pure bollocks and revisionism.

Morgan was outstanding in the title winning season throughout.

Huth in the meantime had a slow start to the season and took until about November to get going.

If you look back at the average ratings we did here in the title winning season Morgan's was much much higher than Huth's over the whole season.

• Like 1