Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Morgan

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

and you are clueless John Terry, one of the best CBs in the history of the premier league always played on the left of the back 2 and was rock solid for club and country, in 2010 Ferdinand got injured and Terry was switched to the right to partner the left footed Matthew Upson, he was a shadow of his usual self and talked about how uncomfortable it was, instead of doing things naturally he was having to think about everything

Yeah I must be clueless! 

46 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Any chance we can keep it polite-ish?

It's poisonous vaguely threatening character assassinations from here on in I'm afraid. Edit: my apologies but I forgot to end my post with an insult. After much consideration I've opted to go with nobjockey. Thank you for your time.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have written him off a ton but he is a different player when playing with the likes of Evans and Huth. He seems to be all over the place when paired with someone much younger like Maguire.

Edit. That said, him and Evans give Andre Gray a few chances.

Edited by lgfualol

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Shout out to big Wesley... once again, people desperate to write him off, desperate to pin all our woes on him at the back. Three clean sheets and just one set piece goal against in the last 4 league games since he's been partnered with Evans. Against the best teams he might struggle, as might all our defenders. But he can still perform against a vast number of teams in this league.

Yes his time as a starter may be coming to an end, but I hope anyone slating him and saying he's useless can hold their hand up and say that he's still worth a spot in this squad. If he gets another year here after this, he'll be a fine player to have about if needed.

Well said.

I thought he made a couple of vital blocks again on Saturday and put his body on the line as he always does.

He defies his ageing years really and you can tell he still thrives on the physical battle. He continues to prove his doubters wrong (including me sometimes) and fair play to him for that.

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I have written him off a ton but he is a different player when playing with the likes of Evans and Huth. He seems to be all over the place when paired with someone much younger like Maguire.

I think perhaps it's a case of Maguire being all over the place and that being a disruption to the backline. To be fair, we ask a lot of Maguire on the ball and he takes a lot of responsibility with it, so it's understandable. But it does seemingly disrupt others.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Well said.

I thought he made a couple of vital blocks again on Saturday and put his body on the line as he always does.

He defies his ageing years really and you can tell he still thrives on the physical battle. He continues to prove his doubters wrong (including me sometimes) and fair play to him for that.

Wes may be our captain but he's no organiser. Numerous times at this level he's looked lost. Huth comes in organises on the field and we get the great escape. Then we win the title with the same pairing. 

Mags comes in we end up with a lost Morgan again at times with no organisation. Bring in Evans and the old Wes is back. Yes Wes can lead by example as far as he would jump in front of a moving train for us. But he has little clue of how to organise. The main reason I don't like him being captain. 

Wes has been brilliant for us but next season we need to go with pace and mobility.  Hopefully Puel has the round things to go this route.  Sentiment has turfed out Huth, Wazzer, King and Simmo and must be applied with Wes next May.  LCFC needs to move on.

21 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Wes has been brilliant for us but next season we need to go with pace and mobility.  Hopefully Puel has the round things to go this route.  Sentiment has turfed out Huth, Wazzer, King and Simmo and must be applied with Wes next May.  LCFC needs to move on.

If Wes continues in this form, I see no reason he can't have another year, but just move down the pecking order.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Not sure he even makes the match day squad next season. Benkovic - Maguire and then toss up between Soyuncu and Evans for me on the bench. 

Thought the plan was to sell Maguire to Manu for £80m and buy a decent winger and striker. Based on current form of back 4 and Soy-Benko prospects wouldn't this be good business?

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

End of the season isn't it?

yes he is one of the players who are out of contract as well as Wes.

I am personally expecting Wes to leave this summer, I think we will offer him a 1 year deal but either Forest or a newly promoted side will make an offer more appealing to him

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

Shout out to big Wesley... once again, people desperate to write him off, desperate to pin all our woes on him at the back. Three clean sheets and just one set piece goal against in the last 4 league games since he's been partnered with Evans. Against the best teams he might struggle, as might all our defenders. But he can still perform against a vast number of teams in this league.

Yes his time as a starter may be coming to an end, but I hope anyone slating him and saying he's useless can hold their hand up and say that he's still worth a spot in this squad. If he gets another year here after this, he'll be a fine player to have about if needed.

This. We should definitely be keeping him in the squad next season. Will still do a job when required and If Benkovic comes in and is anywhere near as good as he sounds having Wes around him at the club would make a lot of sense. In general the way Puel is big on bringing through young players having Morgan around can only be a good thing. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

This. We should definitely be keeping him in the squad next season. Will still do a job when required and If Benkovic comes in and is anywhere near as good as he sounds having Wes around him at the club would make a lot of sense. In general the way Puel is big on bringing through young players having Morgan around can only be a good thing. 

if you're saying that due to experience then we have that covered in Jonny Evans

2 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Not sure he even makes the match day squad next season. Benkovic - Maguire and then toss up between Soyuncu and Evans for me on the bench. 

based off reviews of a league the same level as league one, stick benkovic straight in the starting line up and boot off our most successful captain

leicester fans are too much for me sometimes

• Like 1