Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Morgan

54 minutes ago, Babylon said:

How will it bring them through being 5th choice? If they are good enough, then they either need to be very close to playing or out on loan.

Fair enough, send them out on loan, but assuming we have a massive injury crisis we can always recall them from loan. 5 senior CBs on the books seems a bit much when *allegedly* we have good centre backs in the youth system which we should be trying to develop further. If Morgan is still at the club, they're probably less likely to have a look in.

Yes Wes has been shocking until recently and some of that i put down to him being left alone to defend whilst Harry’s got caught out up field on one of his runs . I watched the weekends game by stream and noticed on quite a few occasions Evans gesticulating  and ordering Wes about . It’s no coincidence that Wes suddenly looks a lot better with a player who is better at defending than Harry and  has a lot more experience.,

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Yes Wes has been shocking until recently and some of that i put down to him being left alone to defend whilst Harry’s got caught out up field on one of his runs . I watched the weekends game by stream and noticed on quite a few occasions Evans gesticulating  and ordering Wes about . It’s no coincidence that Wes suddenly looks a lot better with a player who is better at defending than Harry and  has a lot more experience.,

There may well be something in this - however, it seems that harry will come back in when we play the better sides so we will not get to find out as evans will be benched again and caglar ejected out of the match day squad …….

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

There may well be something in this - however, it seems that harry will come back in when we play the better sides so we will not get to find out as evans will be benched again and caglar ejected out of the match day squad …….

Be interesting to see Evans and Harry together wouldnt  it 

19 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Quite right. Evans is definitely a better defender than Harry. Evans is decent on the ball as well.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/claude-puel-tells-leicester-city-2287928

5 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Quite right. Evans is definitely a better defender than Harry. Evans is decent on the ball as well.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/claude-puel-tells-leicester-city-2287928

I haven’t been as nervous without Maguire because when Evans gets in trouble he actually just lumps it forward.

32 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Morgan played well but we lacked compusure on Saturday. We struggled with the transitioning the ball from the back into midfield without harry. 

Sometimes tactics make this irrelevant and Saturday was a clear example of this. Are you telling me you weren’t excited by the pace and accuracy of our attacks at the weekend? 

13 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sometimes tactics make this irrelevant and Saturday was a clear example of this. Are you telling me you weren’t excited by the pace and accuracy of our attacks at the weekend? 

That was excellent and I really enjoyed us being direct but we lost the ball so many times and didn’t hold onto it very well when we needed. Not all wes’ fault, the midfield didn’t help, Ndidi especially lolwho kept giving it asay

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

That was excellent and I really enjoyed us being direct but we lost the ball so many times and didn’t hold onto it very well when we needed. Not all wes’ fault, the midfield didn’t help, Ndidi especially lolwho kept giving it asay

I honestly think if we had Maguire we might not have played like that. That’s Ndidi’s fault and if he didn’t have it he wouldn’t play for us.

Mendy actually looks the more complete played at times which messes with my mind considering I have slated him for 2 years.

14 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I honestly think if we had Maguire we might not have played like that. That’s Ndidi’s fault and if he didn’t have it he wouldn’t play for us.

Mendy actually looks the more complete played at times which messes with my mind considering I have slated him for 2 years.

I've never understood slating someone whose only crime was having a very bad injury whilst trying to replace the irreplaceable. 

Not having a go at you, Costock, I know you're a good egg. I have to agree that I didn't see his career with us recovering, like it seems to be doing. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I've never understood slating someone whose only crime was having a very bad injury whilst trying to replace the irreplaceable. 

Not having a go at you, Costock, I know you're a good egg. I have to agree that I didn't see his career with us recovering, like it seems to be doing. 

It’s a difficult one with him. I got that he was injured for most of the champions league season but when he then went on loan and didn’t get a game it looked like a woeful signing.

And to be fair I am genuinely a massive ****.

• Haha 2

On 03/12/2018 at 19:19, baldeagle said:

I'm pretty much sold on the idea Wes needs a Huth or Evans. Neither Maguire or (I guess) Soyuncu have the organisational skills. I'm not sure a under 23 player would have either. I really wouldn't mind bringing back Benk tbh.

• Like 2

Two things reading this thread.

1. I think it's become a bit of an accepted truth that Maguire is suspect defensively. Say it enough and it must be true. I don't agree. I think because he's a ball playing CB....it goes that he can't defend. I've seen him have colossal defensive displays for us heading/blocking/muscular defending.

2. I don't agree that Wes has had it or needs a defender next to him. As a spectator, I never feel safer than when Wes is at the back.

He's not slow (just his build and age suggest he should be) I watched him go for 30/odd yards stride for stride with Shane Long earlier this season. 

Plus, although not a great passer, he can play a bit. Numerous times I've seen him.out wide when we are chasing a game, twisting and turning to shake off a defender.

The guy is an absolute pro in the truest meaning of the word. He knows what's required inside out. And, I suspect, a straw poll of opposing strikers would rank him as a nightmare to come up against.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I'm pretty much sold on the idea Wes needs a Huth or Evans. Neither Maguire or (I guess) Soyuncu have the organisational skills. I'm not sure a under 23 player would have either. I really wouldn't mind bringing back Benk tbh.

I always thought Huth complimented Morgan very well. His organisational skills and experience seemed great for Morgan.

8 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Been saying since he signed Maguire is over rated defensively. 

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Bringing back Benkovic on the basis of what exactly? There’s no need for him to come back. 

Just now, Foxxed said:

A better partner for Maguire or Soyuncu.

And you’re basing him being a better partner for these on what exactly? Because unless you’ve seen him week in week out (highly doubtful) I’m not sure how you can just assume this.