Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Helicopter crash

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I’ve not really taken much of it so far but this has made me cry. He loved the city in a way that not many owners do. To donate £2m to a children’s hospital isn’t something a normal owner does - thank you Vichai ?

Yeah I'm fcuked here, absolutely gone. This is harrowing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

A witness on Radio 5 Live said two police offers attempted to open the door and smash the windscreen before it exploded.

If that's accurate, I don't know whether that's a cause for hope or a cause to worry. I really ****ing want it to be the first.

From the Telegraph:

Leo Bruka, 27, who lives near the stadium, told The Telegraph he was driving home from work when he saw the helicopter falling.

"I saw the helicopter coming down, it was spinning very quickly.

"In front of me was a police car. Before it fell the police car went straight away towards where it was falling and I followed them.

"We were less than five seconds away. When we went there there was a man who I think was working inside the property of King Power stadium who opened the back gate.

"The helicopter didn't fall in the [fans'] car park. It fell inside the territory of the stadium. The car park is very close. It might be a car park for the staff because it's in the stadium.

"One of the policeman ran straight away to the helicopter and another got out a fire extinguisher. The first policeman was tying to break the glass of the helicopter, the window, then in this moment I saw a women in tears crying out loud because I think the helicopter just missed her, she was about 20 metres away.

"The fire just started and then there was an explosion.The policemen tried to calm down the fire. The police response was very quick. This all happened in less than one minute, then I could hear all the police coming around the stadium. They hadn't left yet after the match.

"A policeman asked me to stop filming because someone was in the helicopter."

• Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I’ve not really taken much of it so far but this has made me cry. He loved the city in a way that not many owners do. To donate £2m to a children’s hospital isn’t something a normal owner does - thank you Vichai ?

The more I hear about Vichai, the more obvious it is that he is an absolutely lovely man. I hope with all of my heart that he is alright. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1