Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

2019 New Year's Resolutions?

9 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Not a resolution as such but I intend to carry on with last years and just be more positive about life in general.

I'll be starting a job hunt as of tomorrow and am also planning to do my first marathon.

Sorry to hear that, but good luck.

Do you have a specific job that you wish to have, or are just happy to have just some decent job that will tide you over for a bit?

January and February can be quite less-busy time for some companies to recruit in just after the festive period has finished.

I tend to completely ignore new year. Think the amazing waste of money by local governments on fireworks and the citizens fascination with drinking too much is obscene.

People will still hate other people just like they did yesterday. 

Hope it's a better year for all FTers and the club we love.

17 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Sorry to hear that, but good luck.

Do you have a specific job that you wish to have, or are just happy to have just some decent job that will tide you over for a bit?

January and February can be quite less-busy time for some companies to recruit in just after the festive period has finished.

I'm an Architect Wymesy, I just want to find a better job than my current one. The construction industry is general ok around this time of year but it's not the best time to be applying for new jobs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

New year's resolution: don't get in to arguments on foxestalk. 

Bound to last as long as most new year's resolutions. 

If ever a resolution was doomed to fail...

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Snack less.

I know there's nothing unusual about putting on a couple of pounds over the festive period but I got on the scales yesterday and was actually a bit frightened

Nothing wrong with snacking - in fact, it's something you should do - you just need to snack more healthily.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Nothing wrong with snacking - in fact, it's something you should do - you just need to snack more healthily.

Absolutely - my meals themselves could be better, but aren't really the issue. It's the crap I eat between that has done the damage.

Time to start improving the eat/throw away ratio of the fruit and veg I buy anyway with such good intentions

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Absolutely - my meals themselves could be better, but aren't really the issue. It's the crap I eat between that has done the damage.

Time to start improving the eat/throw away ratio of the fruit and veg I buy anyway with such good intentions

Have you ever considered buying a dehydrator? It’s a great way of saving ageing fruit and makes for really healthy snack food. 

1 minute ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I did not even know such things existed, but I can guess the concept. Will investigate

Yeah, they are brilliant.

Have you ever seen the dehydrated meals you can buy for hiking/camping? They are made with dehydrators (though, no doubt, industrial sized ones) and is largely what I do with mine. They are also great if you have a glut of fruit in the summer that ripens at the same time and goes off before you can eat them (I'm looking at you strawberries!). Once it is dehydrated, then stored in vacuum sealed bags (you can buy a gizmo for that as well), it will last pretty much indefinitely.

• 10 months later...

Six weeks or so to go...how did we all get on?

For the record, mine are below:

1. Take more guitar lessons ( I was bought one to one lessons with the Stranglers guitarist, John Ellis...but I need a shed load of lessons before that so I don't embarrass myself - lessons before lessons, ffs) lol

2. Continue my fitness regime and become one of those buff middle aged blokes that gets the mums swooning at the school gates

3. Eat less meat and explore veggie food options a bit more seriously

4. Build a house

And the results are in:

1. Nope, still shit at it - and swapped the lesson with John Ellis for a gastronomic meal on a bus round London :doh:

2. 50% completed...

3. 20% completed - (even had vegan pizza on Saturday and Quorn chilli tonight)

4. No. No fvcker will sell me their land (however much I threaten them) :mad:

So, all in all...pretty crap.

Ah well, there's always next year

On 28/12/2018 at 17:41, Xen said:

Got a whole heap of things I want to do in 2019, although I'm not calling them resolutions as most of them are more like targets/goals anyway.

A lot of running themed ones - run a marathon, improve strength work/cross training, avoid long layoffs through injury etc etc. Few (ambitious) target times I'd like to hit as well.

Fix up my diet. I eat like trash but get away with it for now, but I need to make big changes to keep it that way. Cutting out fizzy drinks, lessening the amount of alcohol I drink and going part time veggie (I cba with the whole thing, but I almost never eat veggie meals so might try forcing myself into a 2-day-a-week veggie diet, or something like that, just to give extra incentive).

Save up for a house. Been renting with my partner for almost 4 years and want to get out of this crappy flat and into out own place that we can put a stamp on.

Learn to drive. Turned 25 this year and been putting it off year after year for one reason or another (even let my theory test pass lapse so have to retake that). 2019 is  gonna be the year.

And finally get myself a season ticket after years of missing out. 

Running: lol . Been a lot better recently and achieved a bunch of goals I had in mind, but I missed all the main ones haha. Spent most of early summer injured, so the marathon plan went completely out the window. Managed a 24-hour ultra instead, though, so that's something...

Diet: Nahhhh.

House: Even more 'nahhhh'

Driving: Nope. Not even close.

But the most important one... got myself a season ticket :D 

On 28/12/2018 at 12:32, Izzy said:

It's coming up to that time of year where some of us begin reflecting on the previous 12 months and starting to think about the year ahead.

So if you're into New Year's resolutions or setting goals, here's the place to put em. For me,

I have a financial goal in mind that I need to achieve - lol in your dreams you sad sack

along with the related activities required. - yeah, if I wasn't such a lazy twat

I also want to continue with my gym membership and reach/maintain my goal weight. - gym closed down a few months back and I haven't joined anywhere else yet :rolleyes:

Finally, stay off the booze - tick! :thumbup:

eat regular meals instead of picking/grazing all the time. - nope, still eating shite

1/5

must try harder :unsure: