Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Southampton Home Match Thread

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

Well done Southampton.

When we set up at home like that I don’t really think we deserve to win.

The talent in our squad is plain to see. But the goals aren’t there. 

Is it? When they can't pass a ball 5 yards to another player or let shit goals for fun

After seeing Barnes in his cameo performance in which he played bloody well really hoping now CP actually plays the lad regularly !!

Pi55 poor first half gifted the win to a poor Southampton Oliver was his usual inconsistent letting Redmond feffin and Geffin in his face, CP now has to hold his hands up and admit he got things completely wrong in the first half a great chance to get to be 3 points behind Manire lost !!

Something seriously needs sorting at the club Definately need to bring in some quality players !!

Edited by justfoxes

Barnes is really good. The main positive from this game.

Hamza had another great game.

Maddison also played better after Barnes came on.

Chiwell - he is a good LB but we need to rely less on him to be our attacking focal point. So many plays get to him and than they slow down. Play precisely into Southampton’s strategy of parking the bus after having only 10 men.

Ricardo had a decent game but he could not cross the whole game. 

Edited by Tom12345

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Come on. Ridiculous to blame Vardy. Did you not watch the game? Vardy always makes intelligent runs - but he needs his teammates to release him early! But the likes of Chiwell and Gray always wait. So then Vardy has 7 defenders ahead of him.

He was either offside, or not making the runs AWAY from the center.

(You know, the place where all the defenders were....)

6 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Positive tactics wins games.

Negative tactics lose games.

3 Dms at home against relegation fodder is enough to sack anyone let alone against 10 men

Yeah absolutely fine. And then the next manager comes in and we're still garbage. Who you gonna moan at then?

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Yeah absolutely fine. And then the next manager comes in and we're still garbage. Who you gonna moan at then?

Honestly don't think we will be garbage I think we will be fantastic under positive management. The guy is a poor manager and hasn't achevied anything in the last 10 years 

Just now, Fox85 said:

Honestly don't think we will be garbage I think we will be fantastic under positive management. The guy is a poor manager and hasn't achevied anything in the last 10 years 

Well we'll see won't we. I'm sure you'll give the new guy a good chance

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Well we'll see won't we. I'm sure you'll give the new guy a good chance

I've fully backed every manger we have had. This one is dodgy and we do not have a once of fight in us.

Poor poor manager 

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Just 6/44 crosses successful. I wasn't there today, so I don't know if the delivery was shite. But why if we are putting so many crosses in, are people on here (and more importantly Puel) so unwilling to give Slimani another try?

Our crosses were mostly of very poor quality - most couldn’t even beat the first defender.

Puel is a stubborn man. Slimani would have been very useful today and free up Vardy. Vardy had 3 tall blokes dealing with crosses around him all day. No chance for a striker not known for his aerial ability.

• Thanks 1