Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

What’s happened to ‘our Arry’

All of our centre backs have been iffy this season.

Morgan has had some brilliant games, but then gets out jumped and out positioned by a forth division striker v Newport.

Evans has at times been great too, but the two matches v Wolves he was very poor.

Soyuncu is quicker but some of his decision making and errors have been Sunday league standard.

But our defense has not been not helped by the poor form of Mendy and Ndidi. Both have been just as guilty of not closing down and poor passing. It was no coincidence that when Hamza came in we looked a lot tighter. He should certainly be ahead of Mendy on current form.

Edited by ThaiFox
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

All of our centre backs have been iffy this season.

Morgan has had some brilliant games, but then gets out jumped and out positioned by a forth division striker v Newport.

Evans has at times been great too, but the two matches v Wolves he was very poor.

Soyuncu is quicker but some of his decision making and errors have been Sunday league standard.

But our defense has not been not helped by the poor form of Mendy and Ndidi. Both have been just as guilty of not closing down and poor passing. It was no coincidence that when Hamza came in we looked a lot tighter. He should certainly be ahead of Mendy on current form.

It's no coincidence that when we park the bus and play 3 dms we look tighter? I wouldn't have been able to tell 

9 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

It's no coincidence that when we park the bus and play 3 dms we look tighter? I wouldn't have been able to tell 

It is certainly a valid criticism of Puel that he plays 3 dms, especially at home, but maybe he feels he's had to do that to cover for such an inconsistent and erratic back line? None of our centre backs are playing well enough throughout each match and all have 'mistake coming' written all over them.

Mendy looks totally out of form at the moment and Ndidi is not exactly setting the world alight either. Several recent outside the box goals have been down to our dfm not closing down quickly enough. This doesn't help out our defense who are split between having to cover higher up the field than they should in order to nullify the opposition scoring from long range, or stay back in a deeper formation.

Personally, I'd love to see us try a 3 at the back with two wing backs for a few matches, but it seems Puel, and/or the players, prefer a back 4. Maybe Soyuncu's pace would help cover our lumbering centre backs and their slow lumbering will help cover for Soyuncu's decision making!!

2 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

It is certainly a valid criticism of Puel that he plays 3 dms, especially at home, but maybe he feels he's had to do that to cover for such an inconsistent and erratic back line? None of our centre backs are playing well enough throughout each match and all have 'mistake coming' written all over them.

Mendy looks totally out of form at the moment and Ndidi is not exactly setting the world alight either. Several recent outside the box goals have been down to our dfm not closing down quickly enough. This doesn't help out our defense who are split between having to cover higher up the field than they should in order to nullify the opposition scoring from long range, or stay back in a deeper formation.

Personally, I'd love to see us try a 3 at the back with two wing backs for a few matches, but it seems Puel, and/or the players, prefer a back 4. Maybe Soyuncu's pace would help cover our lumbering centre backs and their slow lumbering will help cover for Soyuncu's decision making!!

Oh, I wasn't criticising that he uses 3 dms, I think it's fair enough. Just saying that if we look more solid when Choudhury comes in (which i think we do, btw) It may have more to do with the fact that we're playing 3 dms and not that Choudhury is playing.

14 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

I think it’s mend and make do regarding our midfield at the moment.Situations have changed somewhat,and the fact it’s the 27th of Jan and no ones likely to come in.They don’t want to play Silva because it triggers off another payment,i think someone mentioned on here.Makes sense though.

The whole Silva saga has been absolutely ridiculous. Somebody really should be held to account over this. From start to seemingly imminent finish, it’s been utterly pants by the club

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The whole Silva saga has been absolutely ridiculous. Somebody really should be held to account over this. From start to seemingly imminent finish, it’s been utterly pants by the club

At least we.  they were consistent in the total. "Balls-up"......:D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

A question @Col city fan

I reckon now,our Bline/defence is a good one going into the future. When Amartey comes back,Ricardo and he,can hold the Right-hand side in defence

and attack..(  EOS short-term cover with Simpson) looking from within for RB. Cover for next season..

I believe the CB pack of Maguire,Soyuncu,Evans,Benkovic and Wes,is more than adequate,even if Harry does move on(I hope not)

Chilwell is the write in LFB....but we still need a recognised cover...(Fuchs is leaving)

Now the question/s....So we have Maddison, we know we still need another  quality player, but Ndidi and Mendy(of late) are struggling to command the midfield,defending as well as keeping us on the frontFoot...

Do we trust in both for next season,?

or should we put money on the table,and chase down 2 high quality midfield players. ??

Do we show patience with Ndidi,and keep him as what seems to be our major "pin" ,or do we change our style and tact??

Keeping both as cover,but next season no longer automatic choice...??

I believe this has always been our/Puel s dilemma, after giving Iborra and Silva their chances,but neither really taking them!! 

We were left an empty cupboard. of experience.Should we persevere still with Silva???

Taking the above into account, should we fight to keep Maguire??   Or just let him drift away??

Edited by fuchsntf

4 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

I They don’t want to play Silva because it triggers off another payment,i think someone mentioned on here.Makes sense though.

No it doesn't? We'd have expected him to have played this many games before the January window of last season if the registration hadn't been a farce. We'd also have sold him in the summer rather than starting the opening game then disappearing since

On 26/01/2019 at 07:13, ThaiFox said:

The three at the back won't happen. Firstly our CB are too slow and we don't have other proper wingbacks to cover for Chilwell and Pereira.

We could use it from time to time but as a standard formation? I don't think so and don't understand why people keep beating this drum.

Edited by That_Dude

4 hours ago, That_Dude said:

The three at the back won't happen. Firstly our CB are too slow and we don't have other proper wingbacks to cover for Chilwell and Pereira.

We could use it from time to time but as a standard formation? I don't think so and don't understand why people keep beating this drum.

Soyuncu is much more mobile than Maguire, Morgan or Evans, so if ever the team was set up for 3 at the back it would have to include him.  I agree that without Soyuncu the other back three would be far too slow.

I think Chilwell and Pereira are perfect wing backs, in fact I thought that was why Puel bought Pereira, and played Chilwell instead of Fuchs?

However, formations should change from game to game, or during games, depending on several things, like who we are playing against, their formation, whether at home/away, etc. 

It's all about having the flexibility to change and I'd just like to see us give a three centre back formation a go, especially whilst we have pretty much little else to play for this season. It's the perfect time to see if it works. 

I can never understand why professional footballers can't adapt, or for that matter can't kick with either foot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

Soyuncu is much more mobile than Maguire, Morgan or Evans, so if ever the team was set up for 3 at the back it would have to include him.  I agree that without Soyuncu the other back three would be far too slow.

I think Chilwell and Pereira are perfect wing backs, in fact I thought that was why Puel bought Pereira, and played Chilwell instead of Fuchs?

However, formations should change from game to game, or during games, depending on several things, like who we are playing against, their formation, whether at home/away, etc. 

It's all about having the flexibility to change and I'd just like to see us give a three centre back formation a go, especially whilst we have pretty much little else to play for this season. It's the perfect time to see if it works. 

I can never understand why professional footballers can't adapt, or for that matter can't kick with either foot. 

:appl: