Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

What’s happened to ‘our Arry’

36 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Probably something to do with the two defensive midfielders. Before the Liverpool game at home where we started playing Ndidi and Mendy, we were woeful at the back. 

Having conceded 4 in 4 games before that, ignoring that Mendy-Ndidi has been the partnership since the second game?

Always amazes me that he hasn’t scored more from corners ...   there is no reliance on anyone else ...  he’s a big lad with a big lump of a head ...   needs to dominate more.  I’ve also seen him beaten more times than I would like at the other end.   Huth he is not.

No good blaming Maguire blame the manager, poor team selection cost us dearly.

It was clear as day we was going to have a go today after the previous 2 home games, but as I said earlier you cannot play a high line with Maguire, Simpson and Morgan,

Them lads was on a hiding to nothing, and I’m not surprised they was going to get a battering for the wrong reasons. 

Blame the tactically inept manager that is Puel

• Like 1

I was thinking similar about him earlier, but was reluctant to start off a post because there's so much negativity (however I do think it warrants discussion, as the number of responses on here show). There's just something not right with him at the moment - no where near the same intensity. I don't know if it's because he's not quite fit or because he's got one eye on a move... I do think its interesting that he's not really been linked to any teams for this window and can't help wondering if that's because an agreement has already been reached for the summer. He's definitely better in a back 3 though, and again it goes back to whether we are properly utilising the players that we have and playing to their strengths... 

4 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Drop Harry and with Wes in decline, we are then a bit short at the back. Amazing how things change so quickly.

True as Evans has been struggling with injuries and Puel clearly doesn't trust Soyuncu yet. Puel cant see us having an issue though or he would have recalled Benkovic. Maybe he still might after today. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

True as Evans has been struggling with injuries and Puel clearly doesn't trust Soyuncu yet. Puel cant see us having an issue though or he would have recalled Benkovic. Maybe he still might after today. 

I hope we do!! 

Soyuncu is a bomb scare at the moment. 

I'd like to see Benkovic and Evans together with Knight coming into the reckoning on the bench.. Might as well give him some game time.. The season is pretty much done and dusted for us now! 

.. and it's not even February yet! 

Thanks for an exciting season Claude. 

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

Pair him with Evans, Morgan's done at this level if today is anything to go by.

Seems odd that we haven't taken Benkovic back. On the one hand we are putting out a young side and building for the future yet we still play Morgan who surely won't be playing next season. We are safe. Seems a golden opportunity to give experience to a young player. 

6 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

Seems odd that we haven't taken Benkovic back. On the one hand we are putting out a young side and building for the future yet we still play Morgan who surely won't be playing next season. We are safe. Seems a golden opportunity to give experience to a young player. 

Let Benkovic there will be better. We can throw Soyuncu when the time is right. He can get confidence for next season which really important for him

• Like 1

He's always been overrated on here. He's a decent defender, who seems to be going through a poor patch. But, to me, he doesn't look interested. 

He can't seem to get attacking headers right anymore. Two against Southampton he missed and one yesterday (more difficult yesterday).

13 hours ago, EnglishOxide said:

We've got the fifth best defence in the league. He can't be doing that bad.

That depends how you measure defence.

I'd also suggest that Puel's philosophy is much more the reason for our high rated defence that our defenders. Our 3CDMs and the attackers philosophy of defending are much more important that you are making out.

Morgan has fallen off a cliff with his play recently. He is a step away from attackers when crosses come in and several steps away when he has to run and cover. Maguire has looked rather lost too much of the time too. Choudhury's coverage in particular and to a lesser extent Ricardo, Chilwell and Mendy getting back to impede attackers have saved even worse blushes from our carthorse central defenders and simpson. It's time to bring Soyuncu and some of the U23s through and speed up our backline completely.

59 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He's always been overrated on here. He's a decent defender, who seems to be going through a poor patch. But, to me, he doesn't look interested. 

He can't seem to get attacking headers right anymore. Two against Southampton he missed and one yesterday (more difficult yesterday).

His heads at Old Trafford. Looking laboured. 

13 hours ago, Sampson said:

But how much of that was when he was injured?

Our defence all of a sudden tightened up when he was injured.

Be interested to see our defensive record with him vs without him this season.

Not saying he's bad or should be dropped all of a sudden, just not sure how much your argumentholds water.

So why didn't puel bring him off. After he got his knock. Evans was ready to cover. He clearly couldn't jump for. The second goal. Another bad puel choice

If his injury means him missing for a while I do hope the Club are considering a recall   for Benko.  Evans appears injury prone and Wes’s legs have gone.   I suppose we must be grateful for small mercies in that Benny has gone.......

18 hours ago, dayday said:

No good blaming Maguire blame the manager, poor team selection cost us dearly.

It was clear as day we was going to have a go today after the previous 2 home games, but as I said earlier you cannot play a high line with Maguire, Simpson and Morgan,

Them lads was on a hiding to nothing, and I’m not surprised they was going to get a battering for the wrong reasons. 

Blame the tactically inept manager that is Puel

Wrong...!

21 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Busy summer, little or no break, limited pre-season and in and out of the side due to injury.

Also had his head turn by Man U

Most of the obvious ones in one post. Poor partner yesterday and two poor players in front of him. No organiser on the pitch and that shite zonal marking. 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Most of the obvious ones in one post. Poor partner yesterday and two poor players in front of him. No organiser on the pitch and that shite zonal marking. 

Have to agree, nether him or Morgan are organisers, I think Evan and Maguire are the best partnership, but they both like to play left sided centreback.

Don't get me start on the Mendy and Ndidi, seem unable to screen the back four, prone to mistakes and consistently out of position. 

I see in the Mockury, it quotes Claude as having his fingers crossed Maguire will recover in time for the next game.  Does not exactly fill me with confidence. With Evans being seemingly injury prone with his dodgy toe, we are left with Wes (who needs dropping) and Caglar and very little backup.  Could be yet another screw-up on the horizon.