Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shailen_patel4

WW2

12 minutes ago, shailen_patel4 said:

It’s a random topic but I’ve been interested in it for years, yesterday I went to bletchley park and it’s worth the visit I don’t understand when people say “who cares about world war” I mean as a brown person I’m grateful for for the soldiers who risked their lifes for the country 

We live about 20 mins from Bletchley Park and have been about 10 times over the years. Every time we go I learn something new.

I'm fascinated by the place and was delighted that Alan Turing won the Greatest Icon of the 21st Century recently. The Imitation Game is a great film if you haven't seen it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

We live about 20 mins from Bletchley Park and have been about 10 times over the years. Every time we go I learn something new.

I'm fascinated by the place and was delighted that Alan Turing won the Greatest Icon of the 21st Century recently. The Imitation Game is a great film if you haven't seen it.

Good film I’ve watched it 3-4 times haha

• Like 1

Is the battle over the past few years against the Islamic State group classified as WW3?

If the US and Russians don't behave and continue to annoy the West, there could be yet another one unfolding..

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, shailen_patel4 said:

Good film I’ve watched it 3-4 times haha

Great 2 min speech by Chris Packham on Alan Turing at the icon's award. Made me think of @leicsmac when he talked about Scientists being the only hope for our future :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0704h04

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

Whats de-activated ??? lol , course it is . 

I didn't want you going all Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels on us.

I've got a magazine for one, just not the actual gun, so quite envious of you I'll admit.

A few years back I went to Kibworth gun club on a stag do and couldn't help but notice they had one. I assume that would've been deactivated too, there's no way anybody could own a working example, is there?

Edited by Bellend Sebastian
  • Like 1

Just now, Bellend Sebastian said:

I've got a magazine for one, just not the actual gun, so quite envious of you I'll admit.

A few years back I went to Kibworth gun club on a stag do and couldn't help but notice they had one. I assume that would've been deactivated too, I there's no way anybody could own a working example, is there?

Not in this country no , the states however is a different story  

1 minute ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

A few years back I went to Kibworth gun club on a stag do and couldn't help but notice they had one. I assume that would've been deactivated too, there's no way anybody could own a working example, is there?

There is a chance there is some

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

A few years back I went to Kibworth gun club on a stag do and couldn't help but notice they had one. I assume that would've been deactivated too, I there's no way anybody could own a working example, is there?

Can only have a maximum calibre of .22  at semi automatic in the UK, no limit on calibre of bolt/pull action rifles and a total ban on automatic weapons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

Can only have a maximum calibre of .22  at semi automatic in the UK, no limit on calibre of bolt/pull action rifles and a total ban on automatic weapons.

I think that's for the best.  I'm old enough to remember Hungerford and Dunblane, and thankful that UK legislators reacted to those terrible events in exactly the way their US counterparts don't.

I still think it's a shame that I'm not allowed to own powerful rapid firing weapons. Surely it's obvious I would only use them for good?

• Haha 2

Just now, Bellend Sebastian said:

I think that's for the best.  I'm old enough to remember Hungerford and Dunblane, and thankful that UK legislators reacted to those terrible events in exactly the way their US counterparts don't.

I still think it's a shame that I'm not allowed to own powerful rapid firing weapons. Surely it's obvious I would only use them for good?

Could be a terrorist for all we know:blink:

• Haha 1