Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

On 16/05/2019 at 15:34, FOXSE said:

Nathan Redmond is still relatively young at 25 and would fit in well as part of a front three....

Nathan Redmond already plays for us. He wears #7 shirt, born in Birmingham and came through the Birmingham City academy.

9 hours ago, Gerard said:

But you're advocating spending £16.5m on someone who will be a back up to Vardy and will be 30 when the season starts getting underway.

There are just so many ways better to spend such a sum of money on a reserve player whose value is only going one way. I'd much rather see us buying a 19-20 year old for a similar amount of money who can come in and be an understudy to Vardy and maybe replace him a couple of years down the line or be sold for at least the fee we paid for him. 

I wouldn't be signing any 30 year old for £16.5m unless they just walk into the team. Anyway I still can see us not bothering with a striker this season and BR putting his faith in Iheanacho to improve. 

I agree with the majority of your post but I think BR will 100% sign a striker whenever he plays with one down the middle he likes to have 3 first team options. At Celtic he had Weah, Edouard & Griffin.

Guest SO1
50 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

For some reason I have a weird feeling we are gonna get close on this transfer. 

Did he speak to you on the Ouija board?

3 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Great player, if we are to get Wilson I would rather it be a years loan with view to a permanent deal. 

I agree with this. He has all the attributes to end up being a top player but might need time to settle in the prem. One of him, mendez, bowen with a more 'senior' signing in sarr would be perfect IMO. Funds permitted obviously as this would definitely be a luxury signing

Edited by North Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Great player, if we are to get Wilson I would rather it be a years loan with view to a permanent deal. 

If we can agree a fee now I'd do it. Can play in the Maddison Tielemans role, wide right, number 10 or up front. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

If we can agree a fee now I'd do it. Can play in the Maddison Tielemans role, wide right, number 10 or up front. 

To be fair I didn't realise he played anything else than a winger. Sounds like he would fit in well and get a more conventional winger like sarr and we would have goal options all over, which is one of our weaknesses 

1 minute ago, North Leeds Fox said:

I agree with this. He has all the attributes to end up being a top player but might need time to settle in the prem. One of him, mendez, bowen with a more 'senior' signing in sarr would be perfect IMO. Funds permitted obviously as this would definitely be a luxury signing

Sarr is an interesting one, I personally don’t think his highlight reel is actually that good however stats speak for them self. 12 goals & 11 assists is impressive considering Pepe was the star of Ligue 1 last year & he got 20 goals & 11 assists.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just a big outlay for someone who’s relatively still inexperienced in senior football & had no premiership experience don’t you think?

With a 12 month loan first we get the opportunity to assess how he handles the prem & our system. Great player don’t get me wrong & he’s scored some absolute worldies. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up at Bournemouth to be honest if they lose Fraser.

Guest SO1
6 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

That I cannot share.

I've never really seen him play but your vibe spiked my interest for some reason. Went to YT and have now realized Hakim's perfection. 

7 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Just looked at Mendez’ stats too he ended the season with only 6 goals & 7 assists if I remember correctly he was roughly at that around January so seems he may of just had a crazy 6 months.

Just now, SO1 said:

I've never really seen him play but your vibe spiked my interest for some reason. Went to YT and have now realized Hakim's perfection. 

He’s a great player mate, more of a luxury player than Youri. One downside to the lad though is he does like to attempt the spectacular a lot.

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Sarr is an interesting one, I personally don’t think his highlight reel is actually that good however stats speak for them self. 12 goals & 11 assists is impressive considering Pepe was the star of Ligue 1 last year & he got 20 goals & 11 assists.

Yeah, I think he is brilliant. Really stood out for Senegal last summer then followed it up for rennes and despite looking very uncoordinated, he scares the life out of defenders as his pace and unpredictable nature pushes teams back. He will be frustrating at times, but will chip in with lot of goals and assists and when we go away to places like city when you need someone to carry the ball 40 yards, he is more than capable. Also good in the air if chilwell, Barnes or Albrighton get it to the far post 

Guest SO1
Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

He’s a great player mate, more of a luxury player than Youri. One downside to the lad though is he does like to attempt the spectacular a lot.

He has the skills to create mayhem in the box. He certainly has the aggression in his personality. 

Just now, North Leeds Fox said:

Yeah, I think he is brilliant. Really stood out for Senegal last summer then followed it up for rennes and despite looking very uncoordinated, he scares the life out of defenders as his pace and unpredictable nature pushes teams back. He will be frustrating at times, but will chip in with lot of goals and assists and when we go away to places like city when you need someone to carry the ball 40 yards, he is more than capable. Also good in the air if chilwell, Barnes or Albrighton get it to the far post 

Truth be told I know nothing about the lad & don’t remember anything of him for Senegal lol I’m usually put off by someone who’s unpredictable as it makes me think they haven’t got much of a footballing brain. However at the same time for whatever reason it makes me think of Lloyd Dyer but can finish. The way he use to run at defences always got the fans going.

Guest SO1

I’m all fairness if we managed to get Wilson & Mount this summer on a permanent deal I would be more than happy with that. Having seen them both playing for derby this year, I think they would slot right in with BR.

Believe Rodgers and Wilson worked together at Liverpool so Rodgers probably knows him well.

Just looked at Mendez’ stats too he ended the season with only 6 goals & 7 assists if I remember correctly he was roughly at that around January so seems he may of just had a crazy 6 months.

He has played in a celta team that is set up for pushing up the league, when aspas got injured around xmas, they fell apart and could not stop the rot as they didn't know how to grind out results. Mendez is a great individual player and would be good in our team as we would have a lot of the ball. He also had a dip in form and injuries in the new year but think he would be another player that might need time to settle and would need a senior player with him like Albrighton. Also buy out clause so no messing about