Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

21 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

Soz, never heard of him and I play Footie Manager! Maybe I should be a scout. :doh:

Funnily enough he’s not bloody on there unless you load Scotland lol 

Think even they weren’t quite sure ok him yet.... he is only just 16 to be fair :p 

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Funnily enough he’s not bloody on there unless you load Scotland lol 

Think even they weren’t quite sure ok him yet.... he is only just 16 to be fair :p 

No wonder I have never heard of him, looks a talent though :thumbup:

17 hours ago, eddylcfc said:

Now that we have a crop of top quality youngsters (Barnes, Chilwell, Choudhury, Tielemans (hopefully) and Benkovic) it’s time to go for players who are in their prime.

I’d love to see us be super ambitious and go for top quality players who are the top performers in the best leagues in Europe. We have the manager, it’s time to equip him.

I’d like to see us go for; Nicolas Pepe (RW- Lille), Ziyech (improbable I know), Ryan Fraser, Demirbay (CM - Hoffenheim) and Haller (ST - Frankfurt) - all players with great recent records

Nicolas Pepe ~ €60 million+

Hakim Ziyech ~ €35 million

Ryan Fraser ~ £20 million

Demirbay ~ really depends on Hoffenheim and the player

Haller ~ €50 million+

Where are you getting close to €200 million euros from

Also, why are you signing 3 wingers?

Even if you assumed that they'd all be happy to join, this is silly.

56 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Why are people even talking about Ziyech. He has a 25m release clause and will get to choose from basically any club, we will not be high on his priority list lol

He has no such release clause, Ajax have refuted it multiple times. They have a gentleman's agreement to let him leave for €35 million because he stayed a season longer than they expected him to.

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Demirbay ~ really depends on Hoffenheim and the player - Couldn't you say that about every possible signing....

Haller ~ €50 million+

Also, why are you signing 3 wingers? - SEE BELOW

I wasn't suggesting we sign of all them... merely pointing out options.

I've included three wingers as I would argue it's not particularly a strength of ours. Ghezzal; need I say any more, and Gray, full of potential yes, but hasn't produced the numbers to warrant a regular first team place. IMO we need two wingers to give us four quality options (Barnes, Albrighton and two others).

Confused as to why you think this is silly? If ambition is regarded as silly, count me in!

Your post rather sums this forum up and why I'm a reluctant poster. People are so quick to jump on the slightest thing they may disagree with and often in quite a hostile way. 

• Like 2

On 17/05/2019 at 21:30, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Liverpool for whatever reason though seemed against doing business with Celtic this summer & I’m not sure why? Maybe @henrik_62 knows?

@Bluearmyfox28 From what I was led to believe the issue was two fold.  Some bad blood still simmering between Rodgers and Liverpool from when he left with regards compensation and they weren't impressed at how we used (or indeed didn't) Musonda who we had on loan from Chelsea the six months prior.  As far as I know Liverpool impose financial penalties on clubs where they have players on loan who don't play regularly.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

@Bluearmyfox28 From what I was led to believe the issue was two fold.  Some bad blood still simmering between Rodgers and Liverpool from when he left with regards compensation and they weren't impressed at how we used (or indeed didn't) Musonda who we had on loan from Chelsea the six months prior.  As far as I know Liverpool impose financial penalties on clubs where they have players on loan who don't play regularly.

Aye, pretty sure they fined a German team that Kent was on loan with at some point for not giving him game time. 

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Demirbay ~ really depends on Hoffenheim and the player

Haller ~ €50 million+

Also, why are you signing 3 wingers?

Hakim Ziyech has a £25m release clause & Haller will go for no way near that figure more like €30m euro’s. I get your point but those figures are wrong. 

1 hour ago, eddylcfc said:

I wasn't suggesting we sign of all them... merely pointing out options.

I've included three wingers as I would argue it's not particularly a strength of ours. Ghezzal; need I say any more, and Gray, full of potential yes, but hasn't produced the numbers to warrant a regular first team place. IMO we need two wingers to give us four quality options (Barnes, Albrighton and two others).

Confused as to why you think this is silly? If ambition is regarded as silly, count me in!

Your post rather sums this forum up and why I'm a reluctant poster. People are so quick to jump on the slightest thing they may disagree with and often in quite a hostile way. 

I'm not being hostile, I just think the prospects of our club spending 200 million euros in the transfer window when we haven't ever had a net spend higher than 20 million pounds or so aside the season we had CL money, and our club signing a winger like Fraser or Ziyech for depth which would leave Albrighton 5th choice and Barnes (one of our most promising youngsters) 4th choice, are next to none considering what we know about the club. 

I would love it to happen but I don't think it's even close to realistic to hope for. I'd be ecstatic if we managed to sign Tielemans, let alone spend the GDP of Lithuania.

Edit: nevermind, didn't clock your first sentence fully. That makes a lot more sense now. I still don't think any of them are particularly realistic options, but I could see us managing one big signing other than Tielemans this season to show our ambition, you're right

Edited by Nicolo Barella

53 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Hakim Ziyech has a £25m release clause & Haller will go for no way near that figure more like €30m euro’s. I get your point but those figures are wrong. 

Haller is worth close to as much as Jovic, as he's a far more versatile player - I'd say his finishing is just slightly worse and he doesn't have the same knack for positioning that Jovic has, that's it. He's like Giroud but better in every way.

Ziyech has no release clause, that's twitter talk.  There's a gentleman's agreement with the club but it's at 35 million euros

32 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Haller is worth close to as much as Jovic, as he's a far more versatile player - I'd say his finishing is just slightly worse and he doesn't have the same knack for positioning that Jovic has, that's it. He's like Giroud but better in every way.

Ziyech has no release clause, that's twitter talk.  There's a gentleman's agreement with the club but it's at 35 million euros

We will have to agree to disagree on that one. Don’t get me wrong I love Haller I stated I wanted him a few months ago & I still do. However Jovic is a step above Haller.

Haller will go on to be a quality striker however Jovic imo will become world class.

• Like 2

Lobotka wouldn’t surprise me, Mladen Sormaz - Head of Analytics, raves about him (rightly so) and we were rumoured to have show an interest in Jan. Ndidi, Tielemens, Hamza and Lobotka means you’re all set for every competition, with the ability to rotate with low drop off. 

AF6188A3-6230-4367-9135-1BF260752DFC.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

Lobotka wouldn’t surprise me, Mladen Sormaz - Head of Analytics, raves about him (rightly so) and we were rumoured to have show an interest in Jan. Ndidi, Tielemens, Hamza and Lobotka means you’re all set for every competition, with the ability to rotate with low drop off. 

AF6188A3-6230-4367-9135-1BF260752DFC.jpeg

For him and Tielemans to come in would be £60-65m. If we get £10m for Silva and £5m at a push for Mendy it's a £50m net spend on central midfielders. A new winger and a back up striker and it's looking a lot like £100m on signings which is where I just don't see it happening unless we flog someone/a few players for decent money.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

For him and Tielemans to come in would be £60-65m. If we get £10m for Silva and £5m at a push for Mendy it's a £50m net spend on central midfielders. A new winger and a back up striker and it's looking a lot like £100m on signings which is where I just don't see it happening unless we flog someone/a few players for decent money.

Maguire £75m (less Hull 15%), £63.75m should do the trick