Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

5 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Tielemans

Right-back alternative (depending on Amartey's recovery progress) - Fulham's Christie or Huddersfield's Smith

A player on the right wing - Andreas Pereira's contract is running out (he can also play in the middle), or Jerrod Bowen

wouldnt touch andreas pereira.

ins.

Jerrod bowen.

Camarassa.

Andrea Petagna or someone like him

Tielemans 

maybe someone like Aaron mooy?

a right back if amartey is not fit

Outs

iheanacho

slimani

silva

james

all others on loan

gray 

etc

Similar to above

Ins

• Jarrod Bowen
  • Camarasa (Which may mean instead of Tielemans if we don`t sell BIG, otherwise both)
  • Petagna/Haller
  • Another CM, preferably creative type

Outs

• Slim
  • Silva
  • James
  • Gray (Ideally replaced with James)
  • If we sell BIG
    • Harry if he or Chilwell have to go for finance/Tielemans reasons

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

A lot of people seem desperate to get rid of Gray. He doesn't give as many goals or assists as he should, but he is only 22. 

Considering the level of backups we have he's a worth keeping a hold off.

He's 23 next month, 105 PL games 8 goals.

Struggling to see why we would keep him especially when Rodgers has said he wants more goals from the wings.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

He's 23 next month, 105 PL games 8 goals.

Struggling to see why we would keep him especially when Rodgers has said he wants more goals from the wings.

When we don't have much in terms of replacements and buying a replacement will cost money we ideally want to put on Tielemans. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

A lot of people seem desperate to get rid of Gray. He doesn't give as many goals or assists as he should, but he is only 22. 

I agree with you but I think a lot of people get frustrated with him because he’s been here for 3 and a half seasons now and is developing much slower than we’d hoped back in 2016. 

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

I agree with you but I think a lot of people get frustrated with him because he’s been here for 3 and a half seasons now and is developing much slower than we’d hoped back in 2016. 

Fully get that, he's not pushed on as much as we hoped. But he's still someone we can rely on to put in a shift and contribute occassionally. 

There are a lot worse players in the same position in the league who were signed for a hell of a lot more.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We say this every season and he hasn't improved in over 3 years here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

We say this every season and he hasn't improved in over 3 years here. 

Would rather keep him that splash millions on a guy who "could" do better. 

Look at the 3 we were linked with in the summer; Ghezzal, Jahanbkhsh and Elynoussi, none have done better or contributed more than him. 

why risk spending millions when we have someome who can do a job 

• Like 2

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Look at the 3 we were linked with in the summer; Ghezzal, Jahanbkhsh and Elynoussi, none have done better or contributed more than him. 

As shit as Ghezzal has been, he's probably had as much impact as Gray has this season. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

As shit as Ghezzal has been, he's probably had as much impact as Gray has this season. 

In the league, Gray has 4 goals 1 assist, Ghezzal has 1 goal. 

Gray had Just over double the game time yet has 4x the return of Ghezzal.

Basically, that's bs

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Shane said:

Call me crazy but even Knight, let alone hamza, could surpass Ndidi because of the qualities required in that position, as you mentioned.. Knight is very comfortable as a DM and his passing is fantastic. He can also dribble with the ball. Plus his versatility is a great asset to have, not to mention his aerial ability. 

Probably needs a championship loan first, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Brendan is impressed by him during pre-season.

Can't comment too much on Knight but there's a helluva lot of difference in the level he's been playing at than when up against the likes of Hazard and William etc. Good passing is made a lot easier when you have oceans of time on the ball.

20 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Fully get that, he's not pushed on as much as we hoped. But he's still someone we can rely on to put in a shift and contribute occassionally. 

There are a lot worse players in the same position in the league who were signed for a hell of a lot more.

17 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

In the league, Gray has 4 goals 1 assist, Ghezzal has 1 goal. 

Gray had Just over double the game time yet has 4x the return of Ghezzal.

Basically, that's bs

100%

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

When we don't have much in terms of replacements and buying a replacement will cost money we ideally want to put on Tielemans. 

I find it hard to be too fussed either way, but...

Am I missing something? As you point out he's only 22, and his contract runs until the end of 2021. Yet at the same time you make it sound like we'd let him go on a free. Rather than 'spending millions', we could effectively just be talking about swapping him for someone else. 

Also, can you describe the 'job' he's currently doing?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I think it is the FT community that must brace itself, the return of the transfer guru Sheppy is near. 

...and once again the only panties that'll get wet will be your own

:frantics::kissing:

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Haha 1

i think if we dont keep chillwell and harry, it will make it harder to sign tielemans. i know i would not be signing if 2 of the best players where leaving, the idea is to keep ur best and sign better players to strengthen the squad.