Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

How is Rondon only 29? The only reason i'd have him here is if it were a straight swap for Slimani who is an older and slightly bigger donkey than him. Rondon has a bit more finesse for the style of striker he is but I don't see where he fits in here. If we want a big powerful striker, i'd rather we looked at Wesley at Club Brugge or Alexander Isak at Dortmund.

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How is Rondon only 29? The only reason i'd have him here is if it were a straight swap for Slimani who is an older and slightly bigger donkey than him. Rondon has a bit more finesse for the style of striker he is but I don't see where he fits in here. If we want a big powerful striker, i'd rather we looked at Wesley at Club Brugge or Alexander Isak at Dortmund.

Seb Haller from Frankfurt for me.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Good shout, will costs a wedge though i'd have thought. Both Wesley and Isak younger too.

I do like Wesley the boy is an absolute unit, however I don’t feel he is prolific enough. For me if you are playing in that league you should be scoring 20 a season easily but he only has 13.

Isak is another great shout however I would be very surprised if Dortmund sell him to anyone. People at the Dortmund academy & in Sweden call him the next Zlatan so they have high hopes for the lad.

8 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I do like Wesley the boy is an absolute unit, however I don’t feel he is prolific enough. For me if you are playing in that league you should be scoring 20 a season easily but he only has 13.

Isak is another great shout however I would be very surprised if Dortmund sell him to anyone. People at the Dortmund academy & in Sweden call him the next Zlatan so they have high hopes for the lad.

Yeah his return in the league is surprising, he did very well in Europe as well though. Could be a rough diamond, but would still cost best part of £20m I imagine. Isak was about to be let go by Dortmund until he has exploded at Willem and now I suspect he will get a chance there.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah his return in the league is surprising, he did very well in Europe as well though. Could be a rough diamond, but would still cost best part of £20m I imagine. Isak was about to be let go by Dortmund until he has exploded at Willem and now I suspect he will get a chance there.

Isak with the right coaching could be a world class forward imo. 

Like you say Wesley would most likely cost around £20m. For me I would rather spend another £5m & get Haller for £25m.

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I swear one day this forum will finally get over its obsession with us signing a massive donkey striker. 

Honestly **** off with that shit. 

Think that’s slightly harsh. Rondon is fairly mobile and it’s nothing to do with a donkey striker. He’d offer a different dimension to our play, he’s quite good with the ball at his feet and if we want to persist with playing one up top then he has the ability to bring other people into play. I’d also argue his work rate is also on par with Vardy.

We’ve spent £16.5m on a lot worse too lol 

Anyone else think we should be going all out to sign Daniel James?

Man Utd rumoured to be interested in him for £15m. The disarray they’re currently in, and given our desperation for another Vardy esque type player, he fits the bill perfectly. 

Yeah it’s a bit of a gamble, but when we’ve spunked £70m odd on Ian, Musa and Slimani in recent seasons, circa £15m is an absolute snip 

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Anyone else think we should be going all out to sign this guy?

Man Utd rumoured to be interested in him for £15m. The disarray they’re currently in, and given our desperation for another Vardy esque type player, he fits the bill perfectly. 

Yeah it’s a bit of a gamble, but when we’ve spunked £70m odd on Ian, Musa and Slimani in recent seasons, circa £15m is an absolute snip 

He's a winger...

7 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Would prefer Jarrod Bowen if he’s available at a similar price. James does look good, though he might be off to Old Trafford anyway. 

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Liverpool are supposed to be in for him aswell apparently. He's a Liverpool fan so I think he might end up there.

29 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Well now leeds have lost... milner on a free? 

Yes please. Love the guy. Surprised Liverpool haven't offered him another year, he's so versatile, the perfect guy to have to come off the bench. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Harry Wilson and Mason Mount were electric tonight. If either of their parent clubs ever consider selling in the near future we should be in there for them.

Chelsea see Mount as the next Lampard plus he’s a homegrown player so no chance getting him on a permanent but I would say Wilson would be optional at the right price. Would imagine Liverpool will want a buy back clause though.