Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

1 minute ago, North Leeds Fox said:

He has played in a celta team that is set up for pushing up the league, when aspas got injured around xmas, they fell apart and could not stop the rot as they didn't know how to grind out results. Mendez is a great individual player and would be good in our team as we would have a lot of the ball. He also had a dip in form and injuries in the new year but think he would be another player that might need time to settle and would need a senior player with him like Albrighton. Also buy out clause so no messing about 

I’ll take your judgement on this one then.

Guest SO1
Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Liverpool for whatever reason though seemed against doing business with Celtic this summer & I’m not sure why? Maybe @henrik_62 knows?

He knows somebody who works at the club. There were rumours but I can't remember the player involved.

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Truth be told I know nothing about the lad & don’t remember anything of him for Senegal lol I’m usually put off by someone who’s unpredictable as it makes me think they haven’t got much of a footballing brain. However at the same time for whatever reason it makes me think of Lloyd Dyer but can finish. The way he use to run at defences always got the fans going.

Haha imagine Lloyd dyers pace, power like schlupp but more football intelligence. He is definitely not the finished article but against teams that sit back, he could cause carnage. 

2 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Haha imagine Lloyd dyers pace, power like schlupp but more football intelligence. He is definitely not the finished article but against teams that sit back, he could cause carnage. 

That was exactly what I’m thinking scary thought really, but can also stick the ball in the net.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’ll take your judgement on this one then.

Haha not sure that is wise! Absolutely love my European football and there's obviously the risk that they don't transfer their form to england but he seems a good one. I will happily apologise if he turns out the be sh1t though. 

• Haha 1

Guest SO1
13 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’m sure it was Wilson.

Probably made more sense to loan him to a more competitive league in the Championship.

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Just a big outlay for someone who’s relatively still inexperienced in senior football & had no premiership experience don’t you think?

With a 12 month loan first we get the opportunity to assess how he handles the prem & our system. Great player don’t get me wrong & he’s scored some absolute worldies. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up at Bournemouth to be honest if they lose Fraser.

We paid more for Maddison who only had 1 full season in the Championship. I think he's destined for the top, can't believe Liverpool would sell him so soon.

57 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Haha not sure that is wise! Absolutely love my European football and there's obviously the risk that they don't transfer their form to england but he seems a good one. I will happily apologise if he turns out the be sh1t though. 

Same with all transfers though, every player you sign is a lottery & a risk because of the financial cost these days.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We paid more for Maddison who only had 1 full season in the Championship. I think he's destined for the top, can't believe Liverpool would sell him so soon.

You’ve got me with that one, very good point. Where have you seen that Liverpool are willing to sell? Very surprising in all fairness. Do you go for Wilson or Bowen if you have to choose from one though?

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

You’ve got me with that one, very good point. Where have you seen that Liverpool are willing to sell? Very surprising in all fairness. Do you go for Wilson or Bowen if you have to choose from one though?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7038947/Liverpool-make-100m-outgoing-transfers-summer.html

It's a bit speculative but who knows?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If true I wonder if Liverpool would take £30m for Clyne & Wilson. Would be good business imo.

its crazy they think they’ll get £20m for Grujic though surely not. Ryan Kent is another one who’s really impressed me this year.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

Now that we have a crop of top quality youngsters (Barnes, Chilwell, Choudhury, Tielemans (hopefully) and Benkovic) it’s time to go for players who are in their prime.

I’d love to see us be super ambitious and go for top quality players who are the top performers in the best leagues in Europe. We have the manager, it’s time to equip him.

I’d like to see us go for; Nicolas Pepe (RW- Lille), Ziyech (improbable I know), Ryan Fraser, Demirbay (CM - Hoffenheim) and Haller (ST - Frankfurt) - all players with great recent records

1 hour ago, eddylcfc said:

Now that we have a crop of top quality youngsters (Barnes, Chilwell, Choudhury, Tielemans (hopefully) and Benkovic) it’s time to go for players who are in their prime.

I’d love to see us be super ambitious and go for top quality players who are the top performers in the best leagues in Europe. We have the manager, it’s time to equip him.

I’d like to see us go for; Nicolas Pepe (RW- Lille), Ziyech (improbable I know), Ryan Fraser, Demirbay (CM - Hoffenheim) and Haller (ST - Frankfurt) - all players with great recent records

Pepe and Ziyech are going to go for major money. 

Demirbay is a potential, doubtful in haller given they've just sold Jovic for 60million to Madrid 

Watching the Celtic game as Benkovic has started, but I like the look of the young Dembele. Looks like Gary Coleman but plays like a young Messi! Sure Rodgers will know. Oh and young Johnson looks a prospect!

Edited by WarehamFox
Viewing the game

23 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

Watching the Celtic game as Benkovic has started, but I like the look of the young Dembele. Looks like Gary Coleman but plays like a young Messi! Sure Rodgers will know. Oh and young Johnson looks a prospect!

He's probably the hottest prospect in the world at that age range, think they signed him when he was 13. He'll go eventually, but it won't be to us. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Pepe and Ziyech are going to go for major money. 

Demirbay is a potential, doubtful in haller given they've just sold Jovic for 60million to Madrid 

Already joined Leverkusen.

Ziyech and Pepe, absolutely no chance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

He's probably the hottest prospect in the world at that age range, think they signed him when he was 13. He'll go eventually, but it won't be to us. 

Soz, never heard of him and I play Footie Manager! Maybe I should be a scout. :doh: