Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Sidnei Tavares - First Professional Contract

How do you pronounce his first name?

Is it like the East-Australian city (sid-nee) or is it like a Brummie attempting to say the aforementioned city's name (sid-nae)?  Or even is the final syllable pronounced like the 9th letter of the alphabet (sid-nigh)?

30 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

How do you pronounce his first name?

Is it like the East-Australian city (sid-nee) or is it like a Brummie attempting to say the aforementioned city's name (sid-nae)?  Or even is the final syllable pronounced like the 9th letter of the alphabet (sid-nigh)?

It’s Sidneh as he plays for Lestoh 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Thank you.....look forward to having something to burn on my fire this winter.  :)   I wonder if that smiling image was taken before OR after he had forced through the signing of Ryan Loft...?!?

I think you'll also find that TWO of those PL quality England Internationals (ie Chilwell & Barnes) largely by-passed Beagleholes U23s set-up due to the insistence of their agents to go out on loan rather than play U23s. 

Quite possibly the reason why they are now where they are don't you think...in spite of him and not because of him?!?

Barnes and Chill spent ages in the u23s.

It's possible these players are succeeding despite Steve.

But we've developed three England internationals all of them playing under him. 

I find it hard to work up too much hate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Now Puels gone, and Brendan keeps winning we've got to find somebody to troll.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Don't want to get into any disagreement with you over this as suspect we have different views (which is fair enough) but just for the record...

Barnes has only just turned 21 and spent first half of this season at WBA, first half of last season at Barnsley and then returned after Xmas to mainly be a 1st team squad player and previous season before that on loan at MK Dons. In essence, he spent 1 season with Beaglehole at which point his agent (Same agent as Jamie Vardy) pushed for a move away as playing U23s with Beaglehole wasn't doing him any good...!

Chilwell has only just turned 22 and has spent last TWO seasons with the first team (incl this one) and the season before that on loan at Huddersfield so again, he spent less than 1 year with Beagleholes U23 in what was a very unsuccessful campaign culminating in near relegation. Once again, it was his agent who pushed for the move away and I know his dad was fully supportive of this for fears that his development was being stifled...!

Impossible to conclusively say whether they would NOT have succeeded if they had spent more time with Beaglehole but equally, he certainly shouldn't be the man taking the credit for their success...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Foxxed said:

It doesn't feel like trolling to me. Go into the u23 thread. Amongst the posters there the list of the greatest villians of humanity would go like this:

Steve Beaglehole
Hitler

Stalin

Pinochet

Chairman Mao

Fixed. :thumbup:

17 hours ago, Foxxed said:

It doesn't feel like trolling to me. Go into the u23 thread. Amongst the posters there the list of the greatest villians of humanity would go like this:

Hitler

Stalin

Pinochet

Steve Beaglehole

Chairman Mao

Where's Theresa May on that list? 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Watching hamza play for the U23 and the first team is like two different players 

I’m not impressed with the U23’s when I watch them on the stream 

often looks like a men’s team playing an U18’s 

I was always impressed with Hamza and Barnes in the u23s. Whenever they got near the ball you knew something good would happen.

It's so, so naive to say a coach youth coach is doing a good job because we've had some players come through. Looking at the composition of the under 23s and how they play it's clear that the under 23's are not on the same page as the first team. It defeats the point of having an £80m training facility if you're entrusting a bloke that tries to set piece his way to a meaningless youth football title over development.