Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Team Next Season

15 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Hence the reference to Champ Man, the laughing emoji and the 'In all seriousness though' in the following paragraph. Thought it was pretty clear it was fantasy football style suggestion (not a serious one) but then I suppose you can't rely on some people on here to read properly.

Keep your hair on mate.

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

We already have a good team that with a full preseason under our new coach I expect to improve a lot. We've got to get Tielemans, but I think that's in the bag already. His performance against Newcastle for me shows why the big clubs won't go for him and why we should. He's not quite there yet and should play 1/2 seasons for a club like Leicester to get to the next level.

After that I'd move Ghezall on and buy another wide forward who can provide a goal threat. We've been linked with Jarod Bowen who could be good, though I'd prefer someone a bit more proven. Leon Bailey hasn't been quite as good this season as last but is still a good young player with great technique and who provides assists and goals so I'd be excited to get him in. But if we end up with Bowen or another exciting wide player I'd still be relatively happy. Next we need a backup striker, and I'd be happy with either Sturridge or Che Adams. I know Sturridge will be on expensive wages and will be injury prone but we already have our number 1 striker, so we need a backup who can do a job sometimes rather than being a consistent part of the first team so I think he could be worth a risk.

Then the squad needs a bit more cover for players like Fuchs leaving, so a player that can play either full back position with some experience I'd bring in. But I don't think we need to go and sign someone as expensive as Tierney as our fullbacks are already pretty good.

Overall our squad and team is already in good shape, and after seeing the brilliant escapades of Ajax in the Champions League it makes me very excited. Ajax kept a batch of young players together and developed them and thus far this season have played Bayern, Real Madrid and Juventus off their own pitches! And whilst they do have some future superstars like De Jong and De Ligt, they don't really have any truly world class players. And some of their team are quite average - Daley Blind and Dusan Tadic never really pulled up trees in the Premier League but are important members of that team. So I think our club strategy at the moment is  spot on!

I'm with you on everything but Sturridge. He just doesn't have the work rate for a Rodgers team anymore. Doubt Rodgers will change the shape of the team to accommodate him and his lack of pressing.

Looking forward to you frying me in the 'Welcome Danny Sturridge' thread when he arrives. :scarf:

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

We already have a good team that with a full preseason under our new coach I expect to improve a lot. We've got to get Tielemans, but I think that's in the bag already. His performance against Newcastle for me shows why the big clubs won't go for him and why we should. He's not quite there yet and should play 1/2 seasons for a club like Leicester to get to the next level.

After that I'd move Ghezall on and buy another wide forward who can provide a goal threat. We've been linked with Jarod Bowen who could be good, though I'd prefer someone a bit more proven. Leon Bailey hasn't been quite as good this season as last but is still a good young player with great technique and who provides assists and goals so I'd be excited to get him in. But if we end up with Bowen or another exciting wide player I'd still be relatively happy. Next we need a backup striker, and I'd be happy with either Sturridge or Che Adams. I know Sturridge will be on expensive wages and will be injury prone but we already have our number 1 striker, so we need a backup who can do a job sometimes rather than being a consistent part of the first team so I think he could be worth a risk.

Then the squad needs a bit more cover for players like Fuchs leaving, so a player that can play either full back position with some experience I'd bring in. But I don't think we need to go and sign someone as expensive as Tierney as our fullbacks are already pretty good.

Overall our squad and team is already in good shape, and after seeing the brilliant escapades of Ajax in the Champions League it makes me very excited. Ajax kept a batch of young players together and developed them and thus far this season have played Bayern, Real Madrid and Juventus off their own pitches! And whilst they do have some future superstars like De Jong and De Ligt, they don't really have any truly world class players. And some of their team are quite average - Daley Blind and Dusan Tadic never really pulled up trees in the Premier League but are important members of that team. So I think our club strategy at the moment is  spot on!

In the right PL team (ie: not southampton under a slew of defensive managers)  would have been very, very good, imo. And de Ligt is world class already in my opinion, the best teenage talent in the world right now.

• Like 1

On 17/04/2019 at 09:58, StriderHiryu said:

Bailey is plausible enough if Leverkusen miss out Europe which might happen as last time I looked they were just outside the Europa League places and had lost a few on the bounce. Would be very exciting.

• Like 1

On 16/04/2019 at 16:41, ttfn said:

I think we probably need 5/6 players:

At least one winger, maybe two. No idea who we’d sign, realistically no premier league wingers worth having are going to come for us. I don’t watch enough foreign or championship football to suggest anyone in particular.

Tielemans. Anybody else is likely to be a pale imitation given his quality and age.

The player we thought we were getting when we signed Adrien Silva - i.e. somebody who can get the ball forward from the back of midfield so that we can be a bit more tactically flexible for games like Friday’s.

Back-up full back.

Back-up striker, ideally with a bit of a physical presence. Given that we’re staring down the barrel of a huge loss on Slimani it might be worth giving him another go.

Hopefully the first XI wont change too much but the bench has to get stronger. There’s no competition for places and it makes it too easy to stay in the side through a period of sustained poor form.

I agree with all of this except for the bit about Slimani. I think we need to just forget about him. He's rubbish. He's not going to get near the team, and we're not going to be able to sell him for any decent fee.

I really hope we can sign Tielemans permanently. I'm not going to get my hopes up too much, though, because there's bound to be a lot of competition. We definitely need him or someone similar, though.

You're absolutely right - the bench is our main concern. I think the first XI currently is roughly as good as it needs to be, but there's nowhere near enough quality on the bench to change a game. I think an upgrade on Gray, some good cover for Vardy and another creative CM/CAM (as well as Tielemans/someone similar) would do us wonders. Some cover for full backs might also be needed.

Think we need another full-back, Tielemans or similar midfielder, and a winger. 

The priority though is at least another striker, I’ve no doubt about that. 

Okazaki is off and Slimani is a write-off realistically. Hopefully Iheanacho might come good one day, but at the minute without Vardy we are ****ed when it comes to goals. 

• Like 1

What we need is some extra depth, some options from the bench or to rotate would be great. 

Currently there's not a single player outside the starting 11 who we can bring on to change a game. Our usual subs are Okazaki, Iheanacho and Mendy ffs. We must have the most uninspiring bench outside the relegation zone. 

Tielemans is a must, alongside another attack minded midfielder who can preferably play along the line behind Vardy. Then go and get someone like Mitrovic and Bowen/James/Chukwueze/Lozano

Hopefully funded by the sale of Maguire