Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Team Next Season

So then, it's Champ Manager time for all the losers like me out there.  What would be your ideal (realistic) team going into next season?

Something like....

Pope

Ricardo  Maguire  Evans  Chilwell

Ndidi

Bowen Tielemans  Maddison  Barnes

Vardy

I have kept that very realistic and quite "boring" but I would be happy with that with some younger, more exciting talent on the bench.

X

Agree with Bowen, think he would be a decent upgrade on Gray. Tielemans is a must signing, would be huge but I don't agree that Pope is a better option than Kasper.

Finally, would like to see Che Adams or Sturridge (on a pay per play type contract) come in. If we lose Maguire or Chilwell, Tierney would be a perfect replacement and would like to see Benkovic given a shot alongside Evans.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Agree with Bowen, think he would be a decent upgrade on Gray. Tielemans is a must signing, would be huge but I don't agree that Pope is a better option than Kasper.

Finally, would like to see Che Adams or Sturridge (on a pay per play type contract) come in. If we lose Maguire or Chilwell, Tierney would be a perfect replacement and would like to see Benkovic given a shot alongside Evans.

I do not necessarily disagree with you but he is 6 years younger and a very good keeper.  Adams is a definite shout for the bench.  As you say, Tielemans is the number one priority in my eyes.  

Honestly, as long as we get Tielemans, I'll be happy. I really feel we've got a cracking young team but getting Youri in permanently is critical. Assuming no-one leaves, we'd have a very exciting squad next season.

Che Adams as a replacement for Shinji would be good too.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I do not necessarily disagree with you but he is 6 years younger and a very good keeper.  Adams is a definite shout for the bench.  As you say, Tielemans is the number one priority in my eyes.  

How good is Pope with the ball at his feet?  Rodgers prioritises that above all else when it comes to goalkeepers from experience.  Also given the way Rodgers likes to play from goalkeeper and the back it can be very frustrating with a keeper who isn't great with the ball at his feet as I can testify to in Europe against the top sides.

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

How good is Pope with the ball at his feet?  Rodgers prioritises that above all else when it comes to goalkeepers from experience.  Also given the way Rodgers likes to play from goalkeeper and the back it can be very frustrating with a keeper who isn't great with the ball at his feet as I can testify to in Europe against the top sides.

I literally have no idea, I just wrote down a player I personally liked.  X

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ward / Schmeichel

Ricardo     Evans    Soyuncu / Benkovic  Chilwell

Ndidi

Bowen           Tielemans / Mooy (?)         Barnes

Maddison

Vardy / Adams 

On the subject of transfers in, we're already linked with Bowen and (less so) Adams. If Tielemans falls through, what would people think of poaching Aaron Mooy from Huddersfield as a replacement? A step down overall for sure, but he's still a dependable playmaker in an otherwise shite Terriers side and worth a punt at the reported £8-10 million to me with better players around him.

It's so refreshing to be in a position where nearly the whole first XI is more or less there, save for a few tweaks and additions which are desired but not essential. The future is bright. :scarf:

43 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

So then, it's Champ Manager time for all the losers like me out there.  What would be your ideal (realistic) team going into next season?

Something like....

Pope

Ndidi

Vardy

I have kept that very realistic and quite "boring" but I would be happy with that with some younger, more exciting talent on the bench.

X

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRrlz9UjJj6Y6YZ3IvGye

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Honestly, as long as we get Tielemans, I'll be happy. I really feel we've got a cracking young team but getting Youri in permanently is critical. Assuming no-one leaves, we'd have a very exciting squad next season.

Che Adams as a replacement for Shinji would be good too.

Totally agree.

We really need to have some real competition for Vardy.

It's the biggest problem Rodgers has is the second striker position.

If we sign a young striker he'll be on the bench unless Vardy is out of form, injured or suspended. If we try and sign a known & proven striker, would they be happy on the bench behind Vardy?

Iheanacho is just nowhere near P/L level (league one at best) and I really hope we sell this summer, (would anyone will even buy him?).

Okazaki still gives everything when he comes on, but will probably leave to get regular football, or Rodgers will out just him as it's obvious he's not potent enough to cover as a main striker.

I was always hoping Puel might have promoted a striker from our development squad, but I bet his hands were tied with having Nacho & Shinji. The quicker those two go the better in my opinion, as they are hindering other options. 

Kasper is still a very good keeper. I can't see the point in replacing with Pope, who is decent but I don't think as good. I am always at a loss as to why some on this forum think Kasper should go.

• Like 1

If we get Tielemans, a decent winger and a cocky, ambitious striker then I'll be delighted. If we can shift our outcasts and make big money on Gray and Maguire I'd be pretty chuffed too. 

Don't think we're far off having the best 11 outside the top 6 and with a few changes we could become comfortably the 7th best squad.

• Like 3

Tielemans has to be the main priority. I hope we have a back up in mind just in case it doesn't come off. In a purely football manager way, getting youri along with bowen, mendez, Adams and castagne would be the perfect window. Cannot see that all happening as would mean offloading 5/6 which is unlikely. 

It's great that we have the core of a brilliant young vibrant squad which is only going to improve. Really exciting few years ahead for the club. 

42 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Ward / Schmeichel

Ricardo     Evans    Soyuncu / Benkovic  Chilwell

Ndidi

Bowen           Tielemans / Mooy (?)         Barnes

Maddison

Vardy / Adams 

On the subject of transfers in, we're already linked with Bowen and (less so) Adams. If Tielemans falls through, what would people think of poaching Aaron Mooy from Huddersfield as a replacement? A step down overall for sure, but he's still a dependable playmaker in an otherwise shite Terriers side and worth a punt at the reported £8-10 million to me with better players around him.

It's so refreshing to be in a position where nearly the whole first XI is more or less there, save for a few tweaks and additions which are desired but not essential. The future is bright. :scarf:

Mooy is a good player, but too slow imo. Not for me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Tielemans has to be the main priority. I hope we have a back up in mind just in case it doesn't come off. In a purely football manager way, getting youri along with bowen, mendez, Adams and castagne would be the perfect window. Cannot see that all happening as would mean offloading 5/6 which is unlikely. 

It's great that we have the core of a brilliant young vibrant squad which is only going to improve. Really exciting few years ahead for the club. 

Mendez seems to be more of a 10/8, after asking around. He can play on the wings but is better in "the hole". So maybe we'd be better off looking for a proper winger. No idea who Castagne is however.

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Mendez seems to be more of a 10/8, after asking around. He can play on the wings but is better in "the hole". So maybe we'd be better off looking for a proper winger. No idea who Castagne is however.

Yeah spot on. The reason why I would go for mendez is that he can play right wing and the position which tielemans and maddison currently take up in the 10/8. This allows us another option in both positions if we did allow gray and ghezzal to leave and would give him time to acclimatize to a new league and provide us options if either got injured etc as we would have to change our formation/play mendy in that if maddison or youri are missing. 

Castagne is a Belgian player who currently plays for atalanta. He played in Belgiums last couple of games I believe and can cover lb, rb, cdm and both wings if required. He would then mean if fuchs and Simpson go (which looks likely) he could theoretically be 1st choice in both in case of injuries or mean he could be a great option off the bench for Ricardo or chilly. 

• Thanks 1

I think, if we can't get Tielemans, we should try for a more naturally deeper lying midfielder who can contribute to the defensive and offensive phases. The reason I think this is because the 4-1-4-1 has some limitations and may be exposed by better sides. Someone like Ibrahim Sangaré from Toulouse would be ideal. 

I also think we can possibly shift Gray to Bournemouth as they have expressed interest in the past, and Fraser looks set to leave them this summer. Bowen/James are both good looking young prospects we could replace him with.

Our goalkeepers are good for me, Ward and Schmeichel look good. I would rather spend money elsewhere. On the note of money, I can't see us spending for a right winger, Tielemans, a backup left back (someone like Bradaric would be ideal), and a new striker (or two!) without selling and would expect Maguire to leave for 40 million or so.

Hamza needs a loan to a lower table PL side to get experience in my opinion, too.

I think the absolute ideal lineup next season would be something along the lines of:

____________Schmeichel 

Ricardo Benkovic Soyuncu Chilwell

_________Ndidi Tielemans

_____Bowen Maddison Barnes

______________Vardy

Ward | Albrighton Mendy Evans Bradaric Ghezzal/Tavares Adams

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Yeah spot on. The reason why I would go for mendez is that he can play right wing and the position which tielemans and maddison currently take up in the 10/8. This allows us another option in both positions if we did allow gray and ghezzal to leave and would give him time to acclimatize to a new league and provide us options if either got injured etc as we would have to change our formation/play mendy in that if maddison or youri are missing. 

Castagne is a Belgian player who currently plays for atalanta. He played in Belgiums last couple of games I believe and can cover lb, rb, cdm and both wings if required. He would then mean if fuchs and Simpson go (which looks likely) he could theoretically be 1st choice in both in case of injuries or mean he could be a great option off the bench for Ricardo or chilly. 

Seems like quite the player! Is he in the Atalanta first team? They're on course for EL at least next season, might be difficult to entice him to our bench.

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

Seems like quite the player! Is he in the Atalanta first team? They're on course for EL at least next season, might be difficult to entice him to our bench.

He didn't play last night in an unreal game where atalanta had 47 shots without a goal but has been a regular this season. Yeah they could still get CL if they overhaul milan in 4th as a good race on for that. It will be difficult but atalanta don't pay well which could always be in our favour. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

He didn't play last night in an unreal game where atalanta had 47 shots without a goal but has been a regular this season. Yeah they could still get CL if they overhaul milan in 4th as a good race on for that. It will be difficult but atalanta don't pay well which could always be in our favour. 

I saw that, something like 5.86 xG but no goals. The Empoli keeper broke a Serie A record I think

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Something like....

Pope

Ndidi

Vardy

X

Decent, after watching Watford last night would love to see Doucoure sign, think he would be an upgrade on Ndidi, Wilfs a cracking player, just think Rodgers may look for someone who can move the ball quicker/better

Edited by mod hero

I'd love to see Che Adams come in and be the understudy for Vardy, with a view to learning everything he can from him and replace him when Vardy drops off.

In a purely a Champ Man-style move (in response to the OP), if we qualify for the EL I'd pull out all the stops to sign Dybala from Juve as it looks like he'll be playing second fiddle to Ronaldo and Kean. It might be fanciful but if Brendy flutters those eyelashes at him, who knows lol

In all seriousness though, Tielemans has to be top priority right now, and we need similar backup in that area. Camarasa seems like a decent backup if Tielemans or Madders are suspended or injured. I'd also consider a move for David Brooks, who seems like a sensible guy so might turn us down as he's already on to a good thing at Bournemouth, but he could be tempted if we're able to offer EL football or show him we're serious about gatecrashing the top 6 or 4.

Fuchs will be gone so we need an LB from somewhere as back up to Chilwell, two if Chilly also leaves. (I'm not convinced by Elder.)

Otherwise, I think we're sorted for the first XI. We just need quality who can challenge that first XI and give us that extra push to challenge the upper reaches of the table.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I'd love to see Che Adams come in and be the understudy for Vardy, with a view to learning everything he can from him and replace him when Vardy drops off.

In a purely a Champ Man-style move (in response to the OP), if we qualify for the EL I'd pull out all the stops to sign Dybala from Juve as it looks like he'll be playing second fiddle to Ronaldo and Kean. It might be fanciful but if Brendy flutters those eyelashes at him, who knows lol

In all seriousness though, Tielemans has to be top priority right now, and we need similar backup in that area. Camarasa seems like a decent backup if Tielemans or Madders are suspended or injured. I'd also consider a move for David Brooks, who seems like a sensible guy so might turn us down as he's already on to a good thing at Bournemouth, but he could be tempted if we're able to offer EL football or show him we're serious about gatecrashing the top 6 or 4.

Fuchs will be gone so we need an LB from somewhere as back up to Chilwell, two if Chilly also leaves. (I'm not convinced by Elder.)

Otherwise, I think we're sorted for the first XI. We just need quality who can challenge that first XI and give us that extra push to challenge the upper reaches of the table.

Dybala lol ****ing hell this forum

• Haha 3