Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Team Next Season

Personally think that if we want to challenge the top 6 seriously then we'll need Tielemans, to keep our current big players and to get a top quality right winger and a striker to back Vardy up.

Would mean spending north of 120m net I think.

• Like 1

Dybala! Wow lol

As others have mentioned signing Tielemans is too priority. Wouldn't be adverse to selling Maguire to fund such a deal and strengthen other areas too. Hoping one of Benkovic or Soyuncu breaks through properly and Hamza either gets more game time or goes on loan to a lower prem/higher championship side, someone like Norwich maybe. 

Need some decent competition for Vardy, either a target man like Mitrovic or go for Tammy Abraham at the right price.

I think we probably need 5/6 players:

At least one winger, maybe two. No idea who we’d sign, realistically no premier league wingers worth having are going to come for us. I don’t watch enough foreign or championship football to suggest anyone in particular.

Tielemans. Anybody else is likely to be a pale imitation given his quality and age.

The player we thought we were getting when we signed Adrien Silva - i.e. somebody who can get the ball forward from the back of midfield so that we can be a bit more tactically flexible for games like Friday’s.

Back-up full back.

Back-up striker, ideally with a bit of a physical presence. Given that we’re staring down the barrel of a huge loss on Slimani it might be worth giving him another go.

Hopefully the first XI wont change too much but the bench has to get stronger. There’s no competition for places and it makes it too easy to stay in the side through a period of sustained poor form.

30 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Personally think that if we want to challenge the top 6 seriously then we'll need Tielemans, to keep our current big players and to get a top quality right winger and a striker to back Vardy up.

Would mean spending north of 120m net I think.

Your £120m net spend is about as plausible as Dybala.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Your £120m net spend is about as plausible as Dybala.

Exactly. Can't see it happening. Don't think we'll be able to afford Tielemans.

Grealish, Bowen and Adams would be 3 young Englishmen that can make an impression at this level. Think we could get the trio for 60m/70m. Getting rid of the likes of Slimani could raise a few bob but our net spend is likely to be about 40/50m I would think.

If we want Tielemans then Maguire or Chilwell will have to go.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Ward / Schmeichel

Ricardo     Evans    Soyuncu / Benkovic  Chilwell

Ndidi

Bowen           Tielemans / Mooy (?)         Barnes

Maddison

Vardy / Adams 

On the subject of transfers in, we're already linked with Bowen and (less so) Adams. If Tielemans falls through, what would people think of poaching Aaron Mooy from Huddersfield as a replacement? A step down overall for sure, but he's still a dependable playmaker in an otherwise shite Terriers side and worth a punt at the reported £8-10 million to me with better players around him.

It's so refreshing to be in a position where nearly the whole first XI is more or less there, save for a few tweaks and additions which are desired but not essential. The future is bright. :scarf:

I wouldn’t want to see Mooy in our starting 11 but will be a ready made good squad player who will always carry a threat similar to Shaqiri at Liverpool. If we got him at a good price he could provide invaluable depth if we make Europe.

• Like 1

Schmeichel 

Pereira Benkovic Evans/Soyuncu Chilly

Ndidi

Tielemans Maddison 

Neres Vardy Barnes 

Ward

moreno

Evans/Soyuncu 

Choudhury

Andreas Pereira 

Gray

Abraham

Love Maguire and would like him to stay but if its a choice between that or signing Tielemans or strengthening elsewhere we've got enough depth at cb to let him go

Edited by Lcfcrory

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Dybala lol ****ing hell this forum

Hence the reference to Champ Man, the laughing emoji and the 'In all seriousness though' in the following paragraph. Thought it was pretty clear it was fantasy football style suggestion (not a serious one) but then I suppose you can't rely on some people on here to read properly.

Kasper    

Soyuncu Evans maguire 

ricardo                                   Tiernay 

mooy ndidi madison  

Vardy  Adams 

Don’t see chilwell being hear next season. Obviously the midfield 3 can change and have gray or albrighton if playing a different system. Wouldn’t mind ward prowse from Southampton but might be unlikely. Always thought mooy has looked decent for Huddersfield. 

I honestly don't understand why people don't rate Kasper. Can't people see the reason why he's played some dodgy balls in recent weeks because that is what he's being told to do? It's all about risk and return. You play a risky ball, you might lose it and concede but if that ball pays off you've got more of a chance of scoring as a result, opposed to just to passing it to the centre half, who passed it to the fullback, who passes it back to the keeper. 

Probably not much different to our current team.

Schmeichel

Ricardo Benkovic Evans Chilwell

Gray Tielemans Ndidi Barnes

Vardy Maddison

Unless Rodgers goes mental 

Schmeichel

Clyne Morgan Benkovic Moreno

Markovic Allan Kingy Gray

Sturridge Slimani

11 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Kasper    

Soyuncu Evans maguire 

ricardo                                   Tiernay 

mooy ndidi madison  

Vardy  Adams 

Mooy?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? whats with us link pinching relegation fodder.

9 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I honestly don't understand why people don't rate Kasper. Can't people see the reason why he's played some dodgy balls in recent weeks because that is what he's being told to do? It's all about risk and return. You play a risky ball, you might lose it and concede but if that ball pays off you've got more of a chance of scoring as a result, opposed to just to passing it to the centre half, who passed it to the fullback, who passes it back to the keeper. 

Kasper's issue since he came here has been his frequent attempts to hit one of our wingers or fullbacks right on the touchline to start an attack, which inevitably ends up with the ball either sailing out of play or falling short and putting us in danger. I wouldn't say "recent weeks" covers it, as it's been a problem endemic to his game ever since he arrived.

Kasper's distribution is most effective when he's bowling the ball out, at pace, to a defender or Wilf to let them build the attack, especially when it's done quickly to launch a counter (which was a key part of the play that won us the league). The balls to the touchline, by comparison, are woefully ineffective and tend to miss the mark more often than they succeed.

Edited by OntarioFox

We already have a good team that with a full preseason under our new coach I expect to improve a lot. We've got to get Tielemans, but I think that's in the bag already. His performance against Newcastle for me shows why the big clubs won't go for him and why we should. He's not quite there yet and should play 1/2 seasons for a club like Leicester to get to the next level.

After that I'd move Ghezall on and buy another wide forward who can provide a goal threat. We've been linked with Jarod Bowen who could be good, though I'd prefer someone a bit more proven. Leon Bailey hasn't been quite as good this season as last but is still a good young player with great technique and who provides assists and goals so I'd be excited to get him in. But if we end up with Bowen or another exciting wide player I'd still be relatively happy. Next we need a backup striker, and I'd be happy with either Sturridge or Che Adams. I know Sturridge will be on expensive wages and will be injury prone but we already have our number 1 striker, so we need a backup who can do a job sometimes rather than being a consistent part of the first team so I think he could be worth a risk.

Then the squad needs a bit more cover for players like Fuchs leaving, so a player that can play either full back position with some experience I'd bring in. But I don't think we need to go and sign someone as expensive as Tierney as our fullbacks are already pretty good.

Overall our squad and team is already in good shape, and after seeing the brilliant escapades of Ajax in the Champions League it makes me very excited. Ajax kept a batch of young players together and developed them and thus far this season have played Bayern, Real Madrid and Juventus off their own pitches! And whilst they do have some future superstars like De Jong and De Ligt, they don't really have any truly world class players. And some of their team are quite average - Daley Blind and Dusan Tadic never really pulled up trees in the Premier League but are important members of that team. So I think our club strategy at the moment is  spot on!

Well chilwell and maguire are good as gone. That's 135 million in the bank.

So my XI would be:

Schmeichel

Ricardo soyuncu benkovic tierney

Tielemans ndidi

Maddison

Bowen.               Vardy             barnes

If we go europa league our second team:

Ward

Amartey  morgan  evans  moreneo

Mooy  choudhury

Albrighton                                      Gray 

Wesley  adams

Should be enough to beat czech league quality teams that will probably be drawn against us.

Edited by Fightforever

1 minute ago, Fightforever said:

Well chilwell and maguire are good as gone. That's 135 million in the bank.

So my XI would be:

Schmeichel

Ricardo soyuncu benkovic tierney

Tielemans ndidi

Maddison

Bowen.               Vardy             barnes

If we go europa league our second team:

Ward

Amartey  morgan  evans  moreneo

Mooy  choudhury

Albrighton                                      Gray 

Che adams

Should be enough to beat czech league quality teams that will probably be drawn against us.

Might be slightly ambitious to try and win europa league games with only 10 men...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I've been saying the same (even on this thread). Kasper is still one of the best 5 or 6 in the P/L and I can't see anyone out there better to replace him who would actually come to Leicester.

45 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Kasper's issue since he came here has been his frequent attempts to hit one of our wingers or fullbacks right on the touchline to start an attack, which inevitably ends up with the ball either sailing out of play or falling short and putting us in danger. I wouldn't say "recent weeks" covers it, as it's been a problem endemic to his game ever since he arrived.

Kasper's distribution is most effective when he's bowling the ball out, at pace, to a defender or Wilf to let them build the attack, especially when it's done quickly to launch a counter (which was a key part of the play that won us the league). The balls to the touchline, by comparison, are woefully ineffective and tend to miss the mark more often than they succeed.

For me, I'd much prefer a competent traditional goalkeeper who is consistent, rather than a flash fancy dan keeper who plays fancy football. Kasper is a very good P/L keeper. Yes, his distribution is often poor, but his overall goalkeeping puts him in the top 5 or 6 of current P/L keepers. And often his distribution is him trying to set up on the offensive quickly, rather than the slow build up play we are still not great at.

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell

Ndidi

Youri  Maddison

ZIYECH             Barnes

Vardy

we’d probably have to sell Maguire or Chilwell and my kidneys but get Ziyech in somehow someway. That team would finish top 6.

Hard to predict what the scenario or situation the club will be in come August. 

The striking position is hardest to work out. I would bite the bullet and sell Maguire and use the money on a Striker who we would have no problems starting and come August may be sharper then Vardy but at least on his level. We could rest one in turn or play both if required.